Hell Yeah! I'm there!!
24 (57.1%)
If I get a chance to, sure.
13 (31%)
Not if anything else is going on.
3 (7.1%)
That's not even worth my time.
1 (2.4%)
I have no idea what this is even about or is.
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: May 31, 2005, 12:35:58 AM

SweetNiar

Yeah! There ya go! Why can't all of that happen! :P lol

Leishu

I think all of that should happen >_<
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Dh8d1

Hi there all. This is one of the three Mike's in the show last year. I was the bald one who had the idea to start the shindig. Being in the show last years fanime was so awesome, I plan to run it this year. Hopefully I can run it in a room for an hour or so, but I need suggestions from you all, and any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am doing the following skits and would love to have input on them:

Let's make a Date. Three panelists will act as anime characters while the fourth panelist attempts to guess who they are after two rounds of questions. I'd appreciate suggestions on who the panelists should be and perhaps situations they're in.
Example: One panelist could be Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo! as a bitter old woman. I know, I know it's not much of a stretch, but still. :P

Party Quirks. Another one where the three panelists act out characters but this time it could be a little more wild. For example, one panelist could be Meowth from Pokemon in love with everybody's leg. Suggestions?

Questions only. Panelists will 'duel' two at a time going back and forth in a conversation but they may only ask questions. I'm having trouble thinking of a situation that's anime related they can ask the questions about.

World's Worst. The four panelists randomly step forward with their impression of the "World's Worst" something. Suggestions for the 'something' would be appreciated.

Press Conference. One panelist will be holding a press conference and the other three interviewing that panelist. Trick is, the interviewers know why the press conference is being held, but the one holding it does not. At the end of three rounds of questions they have to guess why. The 'why' can be anything from "The president of Gainax is selling out to Saban" to "Lina Inverse is running for Emperor of the world." I'd be nice to have a list of situations to choose from.

Remote Control. All four panelists will go in order discussing a random topic from the audience as specific Animes. I may or may not do the suggestions for this one at the time of the show, but any feedback on which topic and/or which animes to switch from would definitely help.

Whose Line. Suggestions written on little slips of paper will be given to two random panelists, and they must act out an impromptu situation throwing those lines in at random intervals. Anything can be a line, as long as it's clean and at least halfway understandable.

And my favorite: Scenes from a hat. I'll pull suggestions out of a hat of scenes for the cast to act out until I buzz them. This is by far my favorite event, and it's what we began the show with last year. I'd love for some good scenes for them to act out. Please help me with those.

Those skits are very likely to be in the show, and I will add more games. If you have a game to send me, or a variation of one of my games that could be funny, Do contact me. Any and all suggestions are welcome and encouraged. Please don't hesitate to use my E-Mail. I save those and read them a LOT quicker than I can get to this board.

Also, If you'd like to be a performer, that's wonderful, but I'm not sure how many I'll need. Since I'm hosting this year it will open up one spot, but If the three from last year alongside me wish to do it again, they have seniority and I might only need one. I'm fairly sure that One of the other two Mike's will do it, if not both. At any rate, the better I know you, the better your chances.

My email address for this is [email protected]

I know, I know Yahoo is tacky, but I don't want my REAL addy blowing up. :P

Thank you very much one and all for your interest in the program... it makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile when I see smiling faces and people talking about this production. :)

-Mike Ð
------------------------
Hito mo oshi
Hito mo urameshi
Ajiki naku

Yo o omou yue ni
Mono omou mi wa

Leishu

Ah...

Well you and OtakuApprentice should duke things out, as he's gone through much of the planning process as well as recruiting people already. He's posted in this thread already so you two gentlemen should really speak with each other and try to reach some consensus.

Dh8d1

The pity is when I put my own topic for a Whose Line Idea forum, it kinda fizzled and died. One of my friends alerted me to this forum, so I just had to respond.

OtakuApprentice sounds like a pretty sharp guy, and if he wants to talk with me about perhaps joining forces and becoming a panelist, that'd be great. I don't wish to "duke things out" as it were, but I'd love to chat with you, OtakuApprentice. Drop me an email, or we can talk in here, whatever you want.

If you do decide to make your own show, I wish you luck. I also hope we don't come up with the same ideas if you do your own production. Don't worry, I won't steal any ideas from this board if you want them all to yourself, I'm not like that.

I have planned and fully intend to have a Whose Line in this year's Fanime with me as the host. Last year's worked out great. :)
------------------------
Hito mo oshi
Hito mo urameshi
Ajiki naku

Yo o omou yue ni
Mono omou mi wa

Leishu

Ah... well be that as it may, the con may not appreciate redundant panels/events with the same exact title. That's really for the live programming peeps to decide, though.

otakuapprentice

leishu is right (on some aspects); since '05s' whose line debut(when i was merely a audience member), i've benn trying to come up with ideas for the show, but i'd rather not 'duke it out' as he so elequently put it.

John(director of stage zero) had asked me if i wanted to do this for stage zero, but at the time i did not even consider the idea of running the whole thing by myself. yes, i have gone through the process of trying to recruit panelists by testing them on their comedic genius(some of the people im considering are pretty goo, 'specially leishu...damn, he's funny!), but as i had said earlier, i'd rather not duke it out with you, man, but i have put effort into this as well. i also think it would also be kinda weird having two panels/events with the same title in them.

me becoming a panelist? i don't know about that, as how i kinda get a little bit of stage-fright, especially up in front of a whole lot of people(my face turns red really freaking quick!!); i'd kinda prefer being a host. maybe there could be a co-host(i.e. me?)? :oops:
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Blues

Hail, punks.  I have two cents and some spare time, so it's SHOOOOOOOOOOOW TIIIIIIIIIIIIME.

OtakuApprentice definitely shows a lot of motivation in trying to get things together for the thing, but you can't argue that Mike D was the one who originally got the ball rolling, which took a lot of work itself.  After the panel was over, we were already discussing things for next year's show (yeah, I was in the show too.  I'm a super star or something).  A collaborative effort would be a great idea, but it'd just be insanely unfair for Mike to have the show taken from him by someone from the audience last year.  

For those of you that want to know what makes my opinion matter at all, I run the GTL panel, and I know just how hard it is to do this stuff.  My panel originally started as a slightly illegal lobby show at Otakon back in 02, and I managed to get it to what it is now; arguably a very successful panel at both Fanime and Otakon.  If someone from the audience decided that they thought it'd be fun to do a panel like that too and took the show out from under me, I'd be all kinds of pissed.

I'm not attacking OA (infact, I tip my hat to him for the suggestion of co-hosts), I'm just saying that both he and D should work together, and there's some really easy ways to do it:

1: Multiple shows - it's been suggested, and I think it's a great idea; you can use the same material on different performers and get a whole new show.  OA and D can host seperate shows, too, which would add a little more variety.  How do you decide who gets to host what?  Well, how about...

2: Go ahead and let there be a showing of it at Stage Zero.  After all, the whole premise of the thing is to show what the con has to offer all in one spot, no?  If OA got the green light to do it for Stage Zero, then let OA host the Stage Zero show, but also let WLIIA be an actual panel, and let D host the other show(s).  That's entirely fair, and it would spread out the work load, making it much easier on both of them.

And on a side note to that, I invite Leishu to shut the hell up.  If multiple showings of WLIIA would be "redundant", then the actuall show of Whose Line would have been canned after the first performance.  The entire idea of the show is that it's always different every time, and the only reason you're saying that is because you think if OA takes over, you'll get to be in the show.  And before you post a reply to me starting with "Ah...  well", keep in mind that by my suggestions, you'd get to be in the show anyway.

Here's hoping things work out.  This has incredible potential, but it needs to be handled right.  I really think it could benefit Fanime so long as it doesn't start causing divisions between people.

"Do a flip!"

Gainax Boy

You know.. you could always have more than 4 panelists and simply have it run longer and with more games (I'm sure the audience would LOVE that).

It makes the game more fun and entertaining. I do have quite a bit of improv and entertaining experience ^^;;

But yeah, why not combine all our efforts?

We don't have to follow Drew Carrey's Guidelines.

I'm sure if we all work together as one big group (brainstorming, combining ideas and talents) we can put on an amazing show that will entertain a whole lot of people and have them coming back for more ^__^

P.S. Great Teacher Largo is both Wise and Correct. *applaudes his suggestions* ^_^
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

Leishu

I have to stop being facetious online. It doesn't pay... like crime, teaching, and Otaku-fandom. I really didn't intend to create conflict or offend or anything. My apologies.

^^;

Anyway...

When the Anime Improv panel started (and ended) around Fanime 2k2/2k3 it was run as a sort of 'Hey. Let's teach people how to improv with comedy and tie in Anime and have a great time doing it.' Are you guys running your end of things (or however you wanna put it) like that? If so, they are definitely two very, very different beasts.

Either way, the idea of having both a panel room and a stage zero event seems to be pretty cool to me. The 'redundant' remark was referring more to whether the shows were boasting the same jokes and format but having seen both, you both have very, very different ideas of how to structure the show (in my opinion. NOT a bad thing!).

On an old subject:
Interestingly enough, the gentleman with whom I worked on the original Anime Improv also had copyright concerns with 'Whose Line is it Anime.'
I somehow doubt that whoever started the panel at some other con has legal rights to the name. If I were you I would forgo it, use correct grammar in the name, and 'damn the torpedoes,' as they say. If an Otaku were to actually create and copyright the name 'Whose Line is it Anime' paired with the format of the Disney show then he'd be paying out the nose in royalties, legal fees, or both.[/i]

Dh8d1

In response to recent posts...

Ok, Well, Largo (Blues)  is mostly right. I got the ball rolling for a one-skit-event last year, but I can't take credit for the entire production. Wirebrain helped out immensely on the spot for making it a full show, and I thank him for that. Without him it would have just been the one skit show... he has helped me to get things started for this production. Really he deserves credit too. He has so much on his plate that I don't think he could possibly host it, and I have time and energy to spend on it, plus I like doing it, which is why I can do the hosting of this upcomming show. It's a division of both of us (and of course the help of Largo, a guy named Paul, and the audience for suggestions.)

Having more than four panelists is an iffy idea. After four it gets kind of hard to have games with fewer parts, and causes traffic for the actual "Step forward" type games like Worlds Worst or such. It could be a good idea for other games such as Party Quirks or Let's make a date. I'm going to have to let the personalities debate more in my head about that.

OtakuApprentice... trust me, the stage fright is natural. I goofed a few times in last year's impromptu show, but nobody seems to care about it. Being impromptu comes with outtakes, and I'm sure the audience knows that.  As for co-host, it's very possible. You could be in the audience with a mic grabbing ideas from people (or grabbing people) or I could find other things.  If you want to run your own show (StageZero, or wherever) go for it. If you want to combine efforts (suggestions, etc) like wise Largo suggested, I'd be all for it. That way we make sure not to use eachothers suggestions. Who knows? if we both host shows one of us might be able to do a guest spot on the other's show. Or perhaps both of us guest on the other's show. Anything's possible.

One question I have. What is Stage Zero? I've been to Fanime a few years running now and these posts are the first I've heard of it.

Anyways, I'd like feedback from you OA. Helps figure out how we're each proceeding.
------------------------
Hito mo oshi
Hito mo urameshi
Ajiki naku

Yo o omou yue ni
Mono omou mi wa

Leishu

Having two nights of Whose Line on Stage Zero (to which there is a rather lengthy thread devoted in the Live Programming section, for an explanation of what it is...) is, I think, a great idea. It would be, well, awesome! (Those nights would theoretically be whatever nights cosplay isn't, I guess? I don't think anybody seriously wants to go up 'against' that in timeslots. *shrug*)

otakuapprentice

replying to mike's and blues' posts:

i understand that this was your show to start with and it must have been very hard to get it going, and i don't want to take/steal the concept from you guys. i do have alot of motivation for this show(i have planned things already and gathered performers) and to keep it going as long as possible, but not without giving credit where credit is due.

having more than four panelists does start to make things a little bit iffy.

Blues, i also went to the GTL panel, and by looking at the massiveness(is that even a word?) of it, i can clearly see that it took a lot of hard work and effort to get it to where it is today.

i myself would feel better if we combined efforts, making the show better with each others' own unique spin on the games.

having one person host one night and the other host another night, wit the other person doing like a guest spot seems like a good idea, as well.

lonewolf_x

um hi, i've been an active member in the myspace wliia and i ive been trying to keep up with what exaclty is going on for the event at fanime. i would have comented alot sooner but i forgot my password n_n;

anyways, even though im a little confused as to what exactly what was decided on, i just wanted to say that i volunteer my services to who's line
in anyway i can possibly help

since im kind of out of the loop can some one e-mail me as to whats going on?

my email acount is [email protected]

p.s. while your at it, tell me if you need assitance in any area!
it's chicken.... that you can eat out side!

Dh8d1

Well the unfortunate thing is I've been a little out of the loop myself. I currently have two solid panelists, and myself, but no reply from Fanime at all about if I can run this shindig. I also am lacking in material, since I'm the only one slightly interested in anime in my area that can come up with anything decent. I really would like some suggestions for the show, as in things to put in "Scenes from a Hat" or lines to read during the "Whose Line" skit, etc.

I am trying to come up with things but as time goes by that little thing called life just gets in the way.
------------------------
Hito mo oshi
Hito mo urameshi
Ajiki naku

Yo o omou yue ni
Mono omou mi wa

Blues

Dude, don't make me open a can of "what about the crap we talked about last summer?"  on you.  Check your PMs.

"Do a flip!"

lonewolf_x

hey, if need help with new things to add, i can help with that!
me and my friend esp. love doing the thing wayne brady thing where he goes up and makes up songs on the spot.
for example, we took the song bysnoop dog and justin timberlake and turned it into a song about playing yu-gi-oh

i can post the lyrics if you want
it's chicken.... that you can eat out side!

otakuapprentice

hello everyone! its been awhile since i have posted in this thread(ive been having internet screwup on me). as of right now, i don't know if i will even be able to make it fanime this year. the reasons:
no job
no secure method of money
no secure method of transportation
etc., etc., the list goes on. i am still trying to come up with game ideas and other scenarios, but at the moment, things aren't looking to good for me fanime-wise. :(

SweetNiar

yeah im almost in the same boat, but ive start a part time job last week so im working on the money thing.  Though the transport thing im still workin' on ^_^

Leishu