Guests I Want For FanimeCon 2006

Started by Acid_Android, June 01, 2005, 08:51:33 PM

Acid_Android

Now that Fanime2005 is over, who would you guys love to see as guests for 2006?

As far as MusicFest guests go, I wouldn't mind seeing ZZ again because they were totally awesome. I still have a soft spot for 2004 guests, Duel Jewel and Camino, so I'd love to see those two bands back as well.

...or Asian Kung-Fu Generation xDDDD
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Spiritsnare

Mmm, shall we try to lure Piro back over here for '06? >D
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

I've listed a lot these names previous years in threads very similar to this one, but it doesn't hurt to toss them out there again.  Maybe it'll actually happen in the coming year.

Horie Yui - seiyuu
Mizuki Nana - seiyuu
Minami Omi - seiyuu
Fuchizaki Yuriko - seiyuu
Noto Mamiko - seiyuu
Kuwashima Houko - seiyuu
Iwao Junko - seiyuu
Mitsumi Misato - illustrator
Nanase Aoi - illustrator
Carnelian - illustrator
Akamatsu Ken - mangaka
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Hououji Fuu

Depending on how things go at AX of course, but...

Sakamoto Maaya really needs to come to Fanime so I can worship her closer to home.

Hey, remember me? I was the whiny kid in the Suu costume :D

Sunara Ishi

Lets see...Iisaka Yukako (She really needs to get more attention in the US.) and Kazuya Minakura. My favorite mangakas. Also, Gackt. I love his music.  And maybe someone from Type Moon. Maybe the main artist....
(I'm probably dreaming of the unachieveable....)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

likkyan

Let's see...  I've gleaned the impossible ones (Gackt, Megumi Hayashibara, CLAMP, etc.) from the list, so here's what's left.

Seiyuu:
  • Minagawa Junko (TeniPuri, Loveless, He is My Master?!)
  • Suwabe Junichi (TeniPuri, FMA, Boogiepop, X)
  • Miki Shinichirou (Weiss, .Hack, Bleach, Initial D)
  • Yuuki Hiro (Weiss, Arc the Lad, Evangelion, Angelique)
  • Minami Omi (Nadesico, Excel Saga, Kiddy Grade, Orphen)
  • Seki Tomokazu (Weiss, Angelic Layer, Gravitation, Initial D, X) <-- I missed his appearance at AX ;_;
  • Koyasu Takehito (Weiss, Excel Saga, Gundam, Initial D, Utena) <-- Maybe this is pushing "impossible"...
Mangaka:
  • Higuri You <-- It would be SO AWESOME if you could bring her back!  I would LOVE to see her again!  She was so sweet and amazing and just.... guh.  <3
  • Mihara Mitsukazu <-- Any GothicLolita fan's dream.  Still waiting for them to publish Happy Family in english~
  • Yukiru Sugisaki <-- Is this pushing "impossible" as well?
  • Koge Donbo <-- I saw her at Otakon 04, but the autograph lines were so outrageous that they actually sent people (including me) away... T_T;  She seemed very nice, though.
  • Kaori Yuki
  • Ai Yazawa
Musical Guests:
  • Camino <-- I ADORE them.  So down to earth, and Kiku is one of the sweetest people out there!  Not to mention, they're GREAT performers.
  • ZZ <-- Talk about working a crowd--they rocked this year!  Ramen & Rice were great and all, but ZZ really made MusicFest worth it for me.  That's the kind of show that I expect to hear as a finale.
  • Miyavi <-- Mmmm... still waiting for him to try to do the US tour thing again, and PERFORM... <3
  • The Pillows <-- How I wish I had been able to see them when they came to SF!  Unfortunately, I didn't quite make the age cut.  Grr.
  • PuffyAmiYumi <-- Not sure if they would do a convention, but they're SUPER peppy and amazing live performers.  I've seen then three times now, in SF.
  • B'z <-- I've seen them in SF as well, and again, not sure if they'd do a con, but they have one helluva stage presence!
  • Pierrot <-- ...Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?  X3
  • Aya Ueto <-- Nothing to do with Anime, I don't think, unless you count the live action Ace wo Nerae series, but she's my favourite female j-artist, and people might recognize her from Azumi or numerous j-dramas.
  • Kotani Kinya <-- Hee.  I bet he would be hilarious live.  X3
  • AVEX groups <-- There are TONS of talented groups on the AVEX label, so if Fanime could break into that and do, say, 1 AVEX group like ZZ each year, we could get some really REALLY big names.  Maybe not anything like Ayu or Hikki or Globe, but still.
Okay... I have to put this last one here, because even though it's like asking for someone to give me a handful of sand from the moon, I still desperately want to hear live, at least once in my life...
  • Yoshiki <-- Come on, he has a (GORGEOUS) house in LA, he's promoting his Violet UK stuff (granted, some attendees might not like the classical, but he does enough of a mixture...), and he can play just about ANY genre of music.  He's got a greater-than-great stage presence, he's a LEGEND, and he epitomizes (and produces) j-rock--both past AND present.  Okay, so chances are below zero, but I had to try.  Even if he is a pain in the ass to work with, and even though he would probably give the staff more stress than they would know what to do with... I would be very apologetic to anyone who had to deal with him, but man, it would be worth a year of hell to hear him perform one hour of music.  To me, anyways.
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

Leishu

Yoshiki... coming to Fanime. I'd pay triple the admission to see him, easily.

He wasn't just revolutionary to J-rock, but, in my opinion, to rock in general.

Now for my realistic ones:

Manga-Ka:

Hiroshi Aro: (Yuu and Mii. Futaba-Kun Change. I'll give you as many of my bras as you want if you get him over here, Mr. Bennett!)

Ai Yazawa (ParaKiss.)

Kenichi Sonoda (Original Bubblegum Crisis. Gunsmith Cats. Cannon God Exaxxion. Would he be too much of a stretch?)

Lee So-Young (Model. I think it would be cool to have the perspective of a Korean Manga Author)

Matsuri Akinu (Petshop of Horrors. Too much of a stretch?)

I'd also like to see Kunihiko Ikuhara back at Fanime. Having him in past years was a blast. He was just so fabulous...

Those are my ideas. ^_^
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Acid_Android

Quote from: "likkyan"
Okay... I have to put this last one here, because even though it's like asking for someone to give me a handful of sand from the moon, I still desperately want to hear live, at least once in my life...
  • Yoshiki <-- Come on, he has a (GORGEOUS) house in LA, he's promoting his Violet UK stuff (granted, some attendees might not like the classical, but he does enough of a mixture...), and he can play just about ANY genre of music.  He's got a greater-than-great stage presence, he's a LEGEND, and he epitomizes (and produces) j-rock--both past AND present.  Okay, so chances are below zero, but I had to try.  Even if he is a pain in the ass to work with, and even though he would probably give the staff more stress than they would know what to do with... I would be very apologetic to anyone who had to deal with him, but man, it would be worth a year of hell to hear him perform one hour of music.  To me, anyways.

o_o; OMG, if it that were possible at all, I'd pay whatever it takes to see him o_O; And since the group he's currently producing, The TRAX, is on AVEX, maybe they could be brought along with him, hahahaha xD

We can all dream xD
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Babbit_Chan

Fukaya Yuichiro - Did the cover art for Kagrra
Akitaro Daichi - I'd love it if he came back!
Obana Miho - Mangaka

Musicians:
Zwei
ZZ (again!)
Camino
Art School
Bump of Chicken
Home Made Kazoku

gmontem

For musical guests I would love to see Motoaki Furukawa of Konami Kukeiha Club perform but I'm pretty sure the majority of the attendants are gonna give a "wth is he?" look. ^^;
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Cowpunk

Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"

Kenichi Sonoda (Original Bubblegum Crisis. Gunsmith Cats. Cannon God Exaxxion. Would he be too much of a stretch?)

Quite likely a streach.

But if he did make it I would beg without shame to also be invited again as a GoH that particular year.

[Note to self: Write something really awesome so Fanime wants me again.]
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

lyricaldanichan

Lets see here--
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Gainax/Nadia/Eva/FLCL)- He got sick at fanime 2003.. too short of a stay and I missed his panel!
Kenturo Mira (Berserk mangaka) - Never been to the US and has a huge following. <3 Berserk
Ai Yawaza (Neighborhood Story/Nana/ParaKiss)- Awesome mangaka and never been to the US! Also has a huge following.
Moyoko Anno (Happy Mania/Flowers and Bees) - Another very popular mangaka in Jp and now in the US and she is also married to...
Hideki Anno (Nadia/Gunbuster/Eva) - Last time he was in the US was AX96.. he needs to come back and show his film works.
The Pillows - Ball got dropped this year, better have them in 06 before they break up :O.
Kenji Tsuruta (FLCL/EVA etc) - Another fine Gainax director. Missed his panel but very awesome and apreciative when givign autographs.
Eiji Nonaka (Cromartie) - The only mangaka that can pull off drawing like Ryoichi Ikegami and have a huge following in jp. Gotta love mechazawa!
The Noodles - They did a awesome show at the SF Jp all girls nite.
The Emeralds - Another cute band from the SF jp girls nite show. They speak good engrish ;-)!!

Probally some others but I can't think of them right now. heh

Leishu

My apologies, Gilles! I'm afraid I've begun to take you for granted as a guest. Your knowledge of Anime is nothing less than encyclopedic and you yourself are a fun person and are, in my eyes, a staple of Fanime...

But if you want to write something new, well, I'll not be opposed. I love your books. ^_^
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

topnotch97

Yuko Ogura!
wait. i think that will be too much....

but  i find her cute, just by watching her MV of School Rumble ED
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

Cryz

*cough*DUELJEWEL*cough*

yeah. I'd kill to see them again xD

and bringing Yoshiki is actually a really really good idea. He could host a panel or something about running the j-music business (and bring those gorgeous TRAX boys too - I could translate for them, I speak korean hahahahahaha.)

ph34r the Neko Taka! >D

proud recipent of Hayato's ecchi smile

PickleBunny

I wholeheartedly agree with Cryz (*waves* it's Tama) XD

..Yoshiki..if that were anywhere near the realm of possible, how cool would that be?!  plus the Trax...even better.  AND Duel Jewel?  Crap, I think I'd have a heart attack :p
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

Charming_Dorian

aiiiieee Yoshiki would be fabulous... :-3
I wouldnt be able to sleep all weekend and I'd probably pee my pants from excitement but aaaaaaaah it would rock rock rock.

Tsubasa

Oh, these people too~

Komatsu "CO2A" Eiji - Illustrator
Taka Tony - Illustrator
-Tsubasa

DayDreamerNessa

oh oh ! i agree with lyricaldanichan on bringing ai yazawa !!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Tsubasa

Aa~!  This year KOTOKO will be at AX.  Fanime should get her next year. =P  Any I'VE Sound singers would be good actually.  I'm kinda partial to MAKO, Ayana, and Lia.
-Tsubasa