Japanese Tea Ceremony

Started by Akira Miyamoto, June 22, 2005, 01:55:13 AM

Kazuko

:3 I would want to help, I have been to a tea ceremonie ^__^, but you may have to give instructions on tea ceremony behavior

OMG I wanna go to another one so baaaaad ;___; <3 I love tea and tea ceremonies

hellangel

i'd go ^___^

then i'd have to sew myself a traditional kimono set...
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Kazuko

I'll Probally Bring my Yukata if there is a tea ceremonie booth :3

Ayanami Rei First Child

I don't have any traditional Japanese clothing...or really any....but I would LOVE to go to your booth!! *_*

dealerJason

We are currently working on an actual Tea House.  With the help of the Japan Society of Northern California, we are hoping to bring the whole event and atmosphere to the con this year.  We are still working out the details, but look forward to an announcement soon!
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

Kegan_Flame

I am in japanese class in skool and i went to an actual japanese tea cerimony in monterey. It was soooo kool!! has anyone else been to an actual one?

Yankumi

A Tea House would be amazing!  I've only seen them at museums (the SF Asian Art museum), I would love to have the opportunity to actually see a tea ceremony.  

Is there any chance that we would also be able to order tea and refreshments here as well, or would it be purely visual?  (I'm just thinking that it would be such a nice change from the awful con food and I have these images of Japanese high school festival days with a room made up for this kind of thing).

Kazuko

I have been to an actual tea house when I was in japan on foreign exchange :3 it was super cool! the setting and stuff is really tranquil, and yes >__> I Like the green frothy tea <3

:3 sweets are severed before tea which is pretty sweet and it was way too pretty to eat >< <3

hana-chan

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"I am in japanese class in skool and i went to an actual japanese tea cerimony in monterey. It was soooo kool!! has anyone else been to an actual one?
O.O Where in Monterey can you go to a tea ceremony? I'd go if I knew where it was.

And if they have anything like this at Fanime, I'll make a point to go. ^_^
www.go-gaia.com is my second home. :D

Charming_Dorian

Quote from: "Kegan_Flame"I am in japanese class in skool and i went to an actual japanese tea cerimony in monterey. It was soooo kool!! has anyone else been to an actual one?
You wouldn't happen to go to Monte Vista Christian, would you?
I have been to several tea ceremonies... Once with each of my highschools and when I was in Japan I stayed at a house of a lady who put on tea ceremonies :)
If I'm not working during this panel I'll go.

E-Chan

Did any of you go to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Japantown?

They did a tea ceremony where they used the expensive tea and sweets for the first two people who entered, treating them as "special guests" and having everyone else sit outside the tatami in normal chairs...

People got to watch the ceremony proceed as a speaker explained what each step was. At the end, if you stuck around for 20 more minutes you would get to sample some not-quite-so-expensive sweets and tea.
Watashi wa... Anata no Ushiro...

YoureMyHiro

I missed the CBF Tea Ceremony exhibit but if there is a presentation this year at con Ill be sure check it out. Honestly, Im sure its quite lovely.

Kazuko

:3 i cant wait to see~

is anyonelse going in yukata?

Ayanami Rei First Child

I probably won't go in anything so traditional....but I would LOVE to go nonetheless ^^

Akira Miyamoto

Wow, I started this panel over a year ago and yet there are still a few new posts and even the possibility that it could come true next year! I'm so happy! I know I'll be there, no matter what event I ditch to do so. Though...I probably wont be in traditional clothing, not out of disrespect, mind you, but I just found out recently that my only kimono are for girls...
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

Ayanami Rei First Child

Who cares if it's only for girls? There's going to be crossplayers who go in costume there ^^ You could always ask people ahead of time to make 100% sure it's okay..