Memorable (Favorite) Quotes from Anime

Started by AbsolutelyCursed, June 22, 2005, 02:48:00 PM

AbsolutelyCursed

Last night I watched AFI top 100 movie quotes of all time. It got me thinking if anyone has a memorable or just a favorite quote from an anime series.

BTW, the #1 quote of all time is "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." from Gone With The Wind

To check the top 100 quotes, check http://www.afi.com

VictimX

Theres one I like from Soul Taker, "Why say words when you can say it all with guns." for now thats all I have.

Ska_Kitti

Even though it was a series that only released two episodes here, Fairy Princess Ren has some weird quotes..
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

YoureMyHiro

I have two that stick out:
Samurai Deeper Kyo -
Kyoshiro Mibu: Those.....boobs.....are mine!

Adult Oriented:
Golden Boy -
Kentaro Oe: If only my hand was my penis.

Zagato

"Lesson Lesson! If you see a stranger, Follow him!"-Edward Wong Hou Pepilou Tivrouski IV, AKA Ed from Bebob

From Eva(Spoiler-esque)
Kaworu:You are extremely afraid of any kind of initial contact aren't you? Are you that afraid of other people? I know that by keeping others at a distance you avoid the betrayal of their trust. But while you might not be hurt that way, you mustn't forget that you must endure the loneliness. Man can never completely erase this sadness because all men are fundamentally alone.

Shinji:It's time.

Kaworu:Time to go?

Shinji: Yeah, I have to go to bed.

Kaworu:With me?

Shinji:No! I think you have your own room, that they gave you I mean.

Kaworu:Okay. You know, pain is something that man must endure in his heart. And since the heart fills pain so easily, some men believe that life is pain. You are delicate like glass, that is, your heart is.

Shinji: It is?

Kaworu:Yes, this is worth earning my empathy.

Shinji:Empathy?

Kaworu: I'm saying I love you.

And finally, from Vash

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call."
Cosplay suggestions for '06? Dark waist-length hair...
Current cosplay thoughts-Black Hair Inuyasha, Black Gema Gema Gang Bishie

ININ

Here are a few:

Nothing can happen until you swing the bat. --Haruko Haruhara, Fooly Cooly (FLCL)

Man cannot obtain anything without first sacrificing something. In order to obtain anything, something of equal value is required. That is alchemy's Law of Equivalent Exchange. --Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

To recognize one's own sin is to have no sin. --The Communicator, Haibane-Renmei

If you only call me when you need my help, then I'll miss you. --Ferrio, Magic Knight Rayearth

One shall stand. One shall fall. --Optimus Prime, Transformers: The Movie

yukie utsumi

"I'll never forget the first time I met you. I still remember, you told me then that you don't care about my past. That made me very happy. You gave me a new home, it's been great. I've had much peace and fun days, I've been part of a family, feeling the love we all share."
-Rurouni Kenshin

"I'm not used to being liked. Being hated, on the other hand, is quite familiar."
-a teenage Gendo Ikari

"Then I'll give you just one piece of advice... dying hurts like hell."
- Heero Yuy
Fanime 2006 Cosplays
FongLing (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)
Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin)
*NEW* Kasumi (DOA2U Blue Ninja version)

Noriko Ukai

"I don't know, and have no opinion" - Jet (Cowboy Bebop)
So who likes Avenue Q? PM me if you do.

Zagato

ED:Is that Jets new girlfriend?
Spike:Na, she's too young
Faye:Maybe he has a 'thing'
Spike:In that case, she's too old
Cosplay suggestions for '06? Dark waist-length hair...
Current cosplay thoughts-Black Hair Inuyasha, Black Gema Gema Gang Bishie

Chloe

The most overused one in all anime, but particulary in...

YAKITATE JAPAN!!

"What was that?!?!?" --  Kawachi

Gotta love Yaki~
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

OniCourseMusha

Bleach: "Kai sounds cool and pisses me off" by Ichigo

Yakitate! Japan: "This is not Mt. Fuji! It's the world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest. (India songs plays) I WANT TO EAT CURRY!!" by Kuronagi
"The moon just came out!" by Kuwachi

Cromartie High: "I drop my pencil!" Kamiyama.
"vroom!" Mekazawa as a motorcycle
"Hey, you know that's pretty funny!" Noburu
"Hey pops! Give me that ball!" Hayashida
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Chloe

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Bleach: "Kai sounds cool and pisses me off" by Ichigo

Yakitate! Japan: "This is not Mt. Fuji! It's the world's highest mountain, Mt. Everest. (India songs plays) I WANT TO EAT CURRY!!" by Kuronagi
"The moon just came out!" by Kuwachi

Cromartie High: "I drop my pencil!" Kamiyama.
"vroom!" Mekazawa as a motorcycle
"Hey, you know that's pretty funny!" Noburu
"Hey pops! Give me that ball!" Hayashida

Heh heh, I remember that Yaki one!  I AM EATING CURRY RIGHT NOW!  Mwhahaha.  Nice one OniMusha. ;3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

DieZel

Heh, nice tread :)
Here three of my favorite quotes from Hellsing:
"It's time somebody put you in your place, human!"- said by Alucard, while drawing his gun.
"I highly recommend pissing yourself followed by a course of praying to your impotent god."- said by Walter, to one dumb vampire.
"You always get so annoying before work. I've said it before, and I know I'll probably say it again. Please learn to work quietly!" said by Luke Valentine to  the same dumb vampire (his brother).

~~Loktera~~

"What's the point of living if I'm not beautiful?!?!?" Howl - Howls Moving Castle

The perfect quote for any bishie...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

mDuo13

"Don't you remember? You cut me into 17 pieces... instantaneously." -- Arcueid, Shingetsutan Tsukihime.

AbsolutelyCursed

Here are a couple of my favorites from Cowboy Bebop:

Spike speaking to Jet before taking off to look for Julia. Faye is also gone

"I'm gonna look for my woman. You can go look for the other one."

Same episode, Spike is confronted by thugs and hears Vicious's name

"You  think I'm Vicious? You don't know what Vicious is!" (slams fist to wall)

Glitch

"Shit.We got cowboys up the ass,and not one of them has a gun."- from Armitage the third