Your ideas here

Started by otakuya, July 07, 2005, 11:58:04 PM

Tuplica

I know there was a specific thread about this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, even with the search function...

Someone asked once what would be good on the video screens that cover the concourse, rather than the changing images/schedule/etc.  I think a loop of AMVs would be nice.  It'd probably require an extra bit of work on the AMV coordinators' part, but just about every year at the Finals they say that there were videos they wanted to go into the Finals but there simply wasn't enough time.  Why not play them there, and the winning videos from prior years?  Even just the videos that made it to the Finals in prior years.  It's neat to see those vids again and sometimes they never go up on the internet, so you only get to seem them possibly that one and only time at the convention.  It'd have to be a pretty big loop, though, or just a one-time thing.  But since each contest has been running for about 2 hours lately, that probably wouldn't be a huge problem...

(Just as long as none of the current finals videos were played prior to the actual screening, as people might see them too much and be bothered by them and feel no need to go see the actual contest)
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think we should have dance classes so people like myself can go to the raves and not feel so stupid trying to dance, and not really doing well ^^; Like some rave dancing classes would be AWESOME!! I think then we could make the rave even BIGGER!! ^_^

SatchelMarr

Last year I went to the rave and danced around like a dork in a big empty room, and tried to ask people to dance with me really nicely, and they looked at me like my hair was on fire.

I hope it wasn't on fire...

So, wow.  People are actually interested in ballroom, salsa, swing?

WELL....This may be the wrong time to offer (or the right time to offer for next year), but I hereby volunteer to teach ballroom dance.

It'd be even cooler if it got me on staff (though I might be onboard for tabletop gaming next year anyway).  Maybe I could get some staff service hours for working the game room, and some for teaching dance / playing danceable jpop/rock/etc music for a ballroom/swing/etc DANCE.

I can teach:

East Coast Swing
Salsa
Merengue
Waltz
Foxtrot
the Hustle
Night Club Two-Step (for ballady stuff)
Samba
Cha Cha
Rumba
Tango
Bolero
Lindy Hop (maybe a little, any way)
Shared pain is lessened; shared joy increased.

zoupzuop2

Idea!

If we could somehow get a world-renowned Eurobeat artist or two (or three, or four...) to come down, perform, and maybe even lead a panel on Eurobeat music and its composition in '07, or a workshop...

...I'd make it a point to attend again, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Not_A_Shrimp

Idea!
how about a catier for all the days so we don't starve. -bleh- some of us didn't have any food or ddn't want to buy any.
Your avatar and signature were too big. Please read the avatar/sig guidelines.

Minagi-chan

Quote from: "Not_A_Shrimp"Idea!
how about a catier for all the days so we don't starve. -bleh- some of us didn't have any food or ddn't want to buy any.
Now I don't know about catiers, but caterers for all the Fanime guests?  At no extra cost to the attendees?  Way not cost effective for the con unless they raise badge prices more.  Then there will probably be a lot of people who wouldn't even eat the food they paid for and there will always be the piggies who take advantage and eat everything in site.  Bottom line: You've paid for a badge, that gets you access to the convention activities.  Need somewhere to sleep?  Need food?  You're going to have to take care of it yourself.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

astroboy

Quote from: "Tony":x  The screens! Did no one see the screens?! Are they worth the effort?!
-----> "What does Gendo like?" <-----

Sorry old joke  :wink:

Here's a small suggestion for the fanime site:

There are spam bots that can surf the net and "screen scrape" a webpage in search of an email address. One way to defend yourself is to write your email address like this
username at yourdomain dot com
However it wouldn't surprise me if some bots have been programmed to be "smart enough" to read that. Basically if you have a webpage that lists your email address, the spam bots can get you!

The fanime.com -> contact us site -> displays email addresses.
Perhaps a contact form with a textarea box and submit button can be used instead?
here's a ridiculously silly egg-sam-apple  :D  contact form

I honestly don't know how much good this will do in defending against spam. It's a constant game of cat and mouse. Everytime you come up with a better defense someone out there invariably finds a way around.