electricity-lambs

FanimeCon 2018 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?  (Read 27897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tsukino

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »

How exciting! I am very, very looking forward to the news. Please tell us soon~
Logged

Kazuko

  • More than 2718 posts
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4455
  • ☆LOVE.EXE☆
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »

^ ^ yes yes do tell so i can jump arround in ecstasy <3
I wanna know now D:
Logged

kuro_nekochan

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »

tell tell tell!

it makes all the difference in which con I decide to go to....
I can only attend one....
and Need to start booking airfare soon!
Logged
~*me0w*~

Moonbug

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Former Perforamces
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2006, 08:46:44 PM »

Former bands/singers that have come to the US that I enjoy are:

Duel Jewel
Nami Tamaki
Camino
T.M. Revolution
D'spairs Ray
Megumi Hayashibara


All of these were fun and I think most of these are realistic to have return to the U.S.

Other than that I'd love to see Utada Hikaru, or more J-rock bands!
Logged
Moonbug; noun; a girl named Moonbug.

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com
www.facebook.com/MoonbugsMakes

MeliCat

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Posts: 1074
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »

:roll:  I was going to reply, but it's already been decided! Oops, too late! I was going to whine for An cafe and Alice Nine, but that's okay, I'll just wait for the announcement!
Logged

Nina Star 9

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Posts: 2087
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2006, 04:36:27 PM »

cant wait for the announcement! *crosses her fingers and hopes for amano*
Logged

Touya no Miko

  • Steel Angel Post
  • Posts: 535
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2006, 08:37:55 PM »

May I suggest some bands.

How about Phantasmagoria? They've been to the US before or maybe former PLC members Aya and seek? Also another one is 'Clavier', who are still pretty new in the music industry.
Logged
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Jrockfan

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Performers confirmed!
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2006, 10:50:50 PM »

This is on the front page! I wonder who it is going to be! I tried a web search on google but I came up with nothing. :(  Anyone find anything out!?

MusicFest Performers Confirmed!

MusicFest - FanimeCon's annual live music event - is exploding this year with a ton of new bands fresh from Japan and the U.S. We're changing gears this year and going to the Japanese underground music scene to bring you the best, cutting-edge music around.

We've signed the papers, bought the plane tickets, and prepped the stage. Stay tuned for more details on just who will be appearing and when!
Logged

Acid_Android

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 386
  • No Music, No Life; Know Music, Know Life
    • View Profile
Re: Performers confirmed!
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2006, 11:03:45 PM »

Quote from: "Jrockfan"
This is on the front page! I wonder who it is going to be! I tried a web search on google but I came up with nothing. :(  Anyone find anything out!?

MusicFest Performers Confirmed!

MusicFest - FanimeCon's annual live music event - is exploding this year with a ton of new bands fresh from Japan and the U.S. We're changing gears this year and going to the Japanese underground music scene to bring you the best, cutting-edge music around.

We've signed the papers, bought the plane tickets, and prepped the stage. Stay tuned for more details on just who will be appearing and when!


Sounds like it'll be a bunch of indies bands this year  :D  

Hmm...I don't even know if I'll be able to make it this year because I'll be stuck in the boonies in the Philippines somewhere  :evil:
Logged
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Chun

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1209
  • くうでれ
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2006, 01:34:40 AM »

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "NachoManLance"

I regret to inform you that they probably won't make it this year...

I'm beyond heartbroken... they were the first act I contacted...

 :cry:


NO! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! *breaks tennis racket

In all seriousness, that's VERY dissapointing.  :( Any word so far since this time?

A couple more suggestions:

- Nonaka Ai
- Negima Seiyuus in General
- Kotoko (Posted before, but more Emphasis :D)
- Utada Hikaru
- Nami Tamaki

------------------------------

EDIT: Wow, I really haven't touched this section a lot. I suppose all the tickets and bands have been booked already. Ignore me~

~Chun
Logged

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Nina Star 9

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Posts: 2087
    • View Profile
Re: Performers confirmed!
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2006, 03:50:02 PM »

Quote from: "Jrockfan"

MusicFest Performers Confirmed!

MusicFest - FanimeCon's annual live music event - is exploding this year with a ton of new bands fresh from Japan and the U.S. We're changing gears this year and going to the Japanese underground music scene to bring you the best, cutting-edge music around.

We've signed the papers, bought the plane tickets, and prepped the stage. Stay tuned for more details on just who will be appearing and when!


sounds like amano to me. :D
Logged

Tsukino

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2006, 06:45:11 PM »

Quote from: "Acid_Android"
Sounds like it'll be a bunch of indies bands this year


I agree! And for some reason, I have this feeling that it'll really be concentrated on J-rock, particularly some VK.... or maybe not.
Logged

Chikiru

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 86
    • View Profile
Re: Performers confirmed!
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
Quote from: "Jrockfan"

MusicFest Performers Confirmed!

MusicFest - FanimeCon's annual live music event - is exploding this year with a ton of new bands fresh from Japan and the U.S. We're changing gears this year and going to the Japanese underground music scene to bring you the best, cutting-edge music around.

We've signed the papers, bought the plane tickets, and prepped the stage. Stay tuned for more details on just who will be appearing and when!


sounds like amano to me. :D


Yes it does.  :D
Logged

Acid_Android

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 386
  • No Music, No Life; Know Music, Know Life
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:23 PM »

Quote from: "Tsukino"
Quote from: "Acid_Android"
Sounds like it'll be a bunch of indies bands this year


I agree! And for some reason, I have this feeling that it'll really be concentrated on J-rock, particularly some VK.... or maybe not.


A part of me hopes it's not VK...mainly for the reason that JRock is a such a huge genre, but it seems that a majority of the audience in the US likes to concentrate mostly on VK, probably one of the smallest subgenres of JRock out there. It would be nice to expose people to other kinds of Jrock...

Like...if you got to http://www.sound-tv.net you can totally see that there are a TON of different kinds of indie jrock bands who don't fall under VK...it would be nice to have audiences in the US more aware of that ^^;;

But yeah, I can't wait to find out who the bands are. Even though I can't make it this year ;___; *will be stuck in the Philippines for the whole month of May D: *
Logged
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Jrockfan

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
I found this! Guitar Vader????
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2006, 12:17:57 AM »

After alot of searching on google I found this on a band called Guitar Vader's webpage. I guess they were in some videogame and some anime's in Japan. Anyone heard of them? I listen to their samples. They sound pretty cool.

For the first time ever Guitar Vader will be appearing in the United States. The band will be appearing at the Fanime convention MusicFest event in San Jose from May 26th - May 29th. Seats are expected to fill up fast so get your tickets today!

Open Time: 6:00
Start Time: 6:30


Unknown More Details
Fanime Musicfest

and the bbs -

That's right guys!

Guitar Vader will be appearing at the San Jose Fanime convention MusicFest from May 26th to the 28th. We hope to see alot of our fans there! Spread the word!

Guitar Vader
Logged

Jrockfan

  • Full Metal Post
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
Ooopss
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2006, 12:45:18 AM »

They have a myspace page. Alot of stuff comes up when I search their name. Looks like they are pretty popular. I wonder who else is coming?

http://www.myspace.com/guitarvader
Logged

Kazuko

  • More than 2718 posts
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 4455
  • ☆LOVE.EXE☆
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2006, 12:57:33 AM »

normally music fest is one day =\ unless they are gonna be guest talking the other two days I assume its a tour of sorts.

*crosses fingers for Plastic Tree or An Cafe or onmyo-za*  D: <3333

by the way. isnt VK a style where the costumes ect reflect the music, like what malice mizer did and stuff. J-rock is a various genre and I would love to see an update on the music fest people >O <3

since its all indies it probally is gonna be a j-rock band who hasent signed under a major label/mainstream like gazette or something like that who knows  :3

Im giddy with joy with a splash of sleepy time tea :3let it be plastic tree that comes pleaaase <3333
Logged

Eri

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Find the Bands!!
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2006, 10:17:30 AM »

Quote from: "Jrockfan"
After alot of searching on google I found this on a band called Guitar Vader's webpage. I guess they were in some videogame and some anime's in Japan. Anyone heard of them? I listen to their samples. They sound pretty cool.

For the first time ever Guitar Vader will be appearing in the United States. The band will be appearing at the Fanime convention MusicFest event in San Jose from May 26th - May 29th. Seats are expected to fill up fast so get your tickets today!

Open Time: 6:00
Start Time: 6:30


Unknown More Details
Fanime Musicfest

and the bbs -

That's right guys!

Guitar Vader will be appearing at the San Jose Fanime convention MusicFest from May 26th to the 28th. We hope to see alot of our fans there! Spread the word!

Guitar Vader


 :shock:

One band down, five more to go.

Hm... :idea:

I think I want to challenge you guys to find out our other five bands. No prize for this, other than bragging rights for finding them first!

Clue #1

The last five are 4 jrock bands, 1 pop group.

Clue #2

Tomorrow

:twisted:
Logged
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Eri

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »

Quote from: "Kazuko"
normally music fest is one day =\ unless they are gonna be guest talking the other two days I assume its a tour of sorts.



Fanime will be the first convention (other than J-rock Con) to bring out this many music guests from Japan, where it will be their FIRST TIME IN AMERICA. You think we'd leave you hanging with just Music Fest? Would we be that mean?

Quote from: "Kazuko"
since its all indies it probally is gonna be a j-rock band who hasent signed under a major label/mainstream like gazette or something like that who knows  :3


Not necessarily....  8)
Logged
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

RyuHayabusa

  • I bow thee to Mistress Saturn
  • Tokyo Post Post
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8263
  • I'm finally a Dark Lord Of The Sith
    • View Profile
Re: Find the Bands!!
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2006, 11:12:24 AM »

Quote from: "Eri"


 :shock:

One band down, five more to go.

Hm... :idea:

I think I want to challenge you guys to find out our other five bands. No prize for this, other than bragging rights for finding them first!

Clue #1

The last five are 4 jrock bands, 1 pop group.

Clue #2

Tomorrow

:twisted:


I know who they are, cause I was talking to Tony last night on aim. I ain't telling though  :twisted:
Logged
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
 

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 24 queries.