Future MusicFest 2006 Guest Possibilities?

Started by Tsukino, July 11, 2005, 06:18:18 PM

animeangelfish

Quote from: "Chikiru"
Duo: In terms of Anime music preformers? I like the songs Mikuni Shimokawa did for Full Metal Panic. It'd be nice if she was able to come~. =D

This should all be in terms of anime music performers shouldn't it? technically speaking shouldn't they be the first on the list? I mean, afterall, it is an aniem convention- not a Jrock convention.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Chikiru

Quote from: "Duo"
Duo: In terms of Anime music preformers? I like the songs Mikuni Shimokawa did for Full Metal Panic. It'd be nice if she was able to come~. =D

This should all be in terms of anime music performers shouldn't it? technically speaking shouldn't they be the first on the list? I mean, afterall, it is an aniem convention- not a Jrock convention.

I suppose. It's just that, to me at least, the recent trend in music preformers seems to be edging towards the entire Japanese music scene, not just people who did songs for anime. But I get where your coming from, and I see how that would be a little troubling in terms of keeping everything anime-related.

hakudoushi

Quote from: "Duo"

hmm, ive been thinking the same thing.

but i guess its not all that annoying, just a bit weird.
no really, i have a pet ninja.

Nina Star 9

amano did music for anime. :3

4th ending theme of "konjiki no gash bell"- "IDEA". :3

KimaLucifer

Quote from: "Chikiru"Nope. Never saw it. I guess I'll go try to find something of it... Ah well, everyone has their own music preferences, I suppose.  Not forcing anything on anybody (I hope I don't come off like that.) o.o;;

And I haven't heard of Yukito. Is it possible to get some info on her? I Googled it and came up with nothing. =/

Letter regarding Miyavi
http://archive.pacificmediaexpo.info/2004/pmx/music/miyavi_letter.html

You will probably have to google "hide" and "Yukito".
http://www.hide-city.com/mcontents/banner/ic/yukito/

And Duo, the problem you're seeing is probably because there really wasn't a "J-rock con" until this November. :3
People have to rely on some Japanese related con to get J-rockers :3
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

animeangelfish

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"
Quote from: "Chikiru"Nope. Never saw it. I guess I'll go try to find something of it... Ah well, everyone has their own music preferences, I suppose.  Not forcing anything on anybody (I hope I don't come off like that.) o.o;;

And I haven't heard of Yukito. Is it possible to get some info on her? I Googled it and came up with nothing. =/

Letter regarding Miyavi

And Duo, the problem you're seeing is probably because there really wasn't a "J-rock con" until this November. :3

I'm aware of that, but at the same time, shouldn't those related to anime in some way take priority?

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Chikiru

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"

Letter regarding Miyavi

Oh! Thanks for the help/info.

NachoManLance

Any MusicFest is worth going to as long as Ramen & Rice come back  :D I don't mind who else shows up.

Tony

Quote from: "NachoManLance"Any MusicFest is worth going to as long as Ramen & Rice come back  :D I don't mind who else shows up.
I regret to inform you that they probably won't make it this year...

I'm beyond heartbroken... they were the first act I contacted...

:cry:
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jaz.tea

Not sure if anyone posted this band up, but I only recently discovered this one...

anyone heard of
High and Might Color?
I do believe their music is in Bleach and Gundam? If anyone could verify for me, it'd be much appreciated. ^_^
But anyways, from listening to some of their music, they pretty much rock in my opinion. :)

[ and no Ramen and Rice??! F;KLJA;SKLDJ NOOOOO! *freaking spazzes and dies* ]

Kazuko

:3 try and get onmyouza they did some songs for the anime BASLISK
Here is the english version of their website:
http://www.onmyo-za.net/eng/index.html

*o* i love kuroneko she has a lovely voice

Tris-chan

If we got Orange Range, I would die a happy girl.

They've done songs for naruto and bleach (possibly some other ones too, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head)

Kaori

I wouldn't mind Kimeru, but he has his tour in Japan during Fanime..... *sobs in dark corner*

Orange Range would be fun. It would bring people to hear their music since their CD just released.

TM Revolution has a similar sound to Kimeru, so I would love him to come!
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

sykoeent

Onmyo-ZA!!!!

Hmm... How about Tommy Heavenly6, her alter ego Tommy February6 or her band the Brilliant Green?

The Kaleidoscope??? Please?

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: "sykoeent"Onmyo-ZA!!!!

Hmm... How about Tommy Heavenly6, her alter ego Tommy February6 or her band the Brilliant Green?

The Kaleidoscope??? Please?

Definitely want Tommy Heavenly6; especially after I listened to her cd yesterday.

pockystix

Elaborating from my guest suggestion post:

I second:
Shimokawa Mikuni - Beautiful voice.
UVERworld - Very awesome indeed.
All of I've. :D Gotta love that trance pop.

Wouldn't Horie be too much to ask? ^^;

My requests:
YUI - Sung the 5th ED song of Bleach with her single - Life. Maybe she might want to do some promotion for her latest single - Tokyo. She's a really promising young singer. ^-^
Hashimoto Miyuki - I first heard her in Final Approach's ED song - Love, Fate, Love. She did SHUFFLE!'s ED song - innocence. :3
YURIA - Sung SHUFFLE!'s OP song - YOU. More of that trance pop goodness.
Round Table & Nino - Round Table's music goes so well with Rino's lovely voice.
New sn = Meirin

paragyaru

I think it'd be cool if we could get Dir en Grey... Maybe we have more of a chance now that they're playing at SXSW in Texas^^

nyoshida

last years musical guest ZZ will be performing at BluPointe lounge in San Francisco on friday 2/10/2006.
find directions to the place here : www.blupointesf.com
starts around 10:00pm, zz to play around 11/11:30.
18+ w/ id, $5.00 cover.
come support!!

Kazuko

Quote from: "paragyaru"I think it'd be cool if we could get Dir en Grey... Maybe we have more of a chance now that they're playing at SXSW in Texas^^
OMG REALLY  :shock: !!!!! <333...D: i want to go to texas now~

Well you guys should still try to get onmyo-za, plastic tree or antique cafe <33 :3 It would be spiffy if despairs ray came~

dealerJason

All your suggestions Rock.  However folks, getting contacts and getting the money to bring out a group like Dir en Grey and Kotoko is not easy.

Our announcement about Music fest is forth coming.  I am hoping you will find it as exciting as we do.  

Stay Tuned!
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com