Naruto on Cartoon Network

Started by serajwl, September 10, 2005, 11:58:45 PM

Spiritsnare

Not to mention that the OP/ED has a fair amount of spoilerage if you look closely.
epic progressive

vox

animeangelfish

Well perhaps one of the most contraversial characters was on the show last weekend- Haku. I thought they did an -ok- job of dubbing him, though I must say there's nothing in comparison to the raw.  They didn't alter Haku and turn him into a she (as Kakashi refers to him as a he). It is most obvious that the VA is a female (and if it isn't I apologize for the assumption).
Over all, with Naruto as an old lady, mispronounciations galore and odd songs for openign and closings, the dub isn't up to par so far.

(BTW, anyone notice that they took Wind out when Wind is actually in english? I thought they could have kept Wind at least..)

They did keep the names and for that I am grateful, but so help me god, if Gaara is a nasaly voiced otaku I will cry my eyes out.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Lisu

Songs, everyone has given their two cents.
I'm not too crazy about the 1st one...but seriously, by the time of the second, they should just put it. Even if just once.  I think these poor American children who know nothing of internet downloads are being deprived...
I'm not going to talk about voices, just can't help the biasness.

hakudoushi

i heard there were going to name oroshimaru toby. or tony. or something like that.

hopefully, its just a rumour.
no really, i have a pet ninja.

ANiME_phReaK

eh. yeah, dubs always suck. i don't think there was ever an ok one. i couldn't watch it for another 5 minutes.  :shock: omg. jootsoo-jutsu. ho-ka-gay - hokage. it makes me cry. and all these other mistakes... i stopped watching it, cuz i didn't want to ruin my image of naruto. they make his voice so raspy (even tho it's a female voice actor...)

MeliCat

>.< OMG, I don't even wanna hear "American-voiced" Itachi... my ears will start bleeding from the shame of it...

CuteMew

I thought the dub was great :D  They're trying really hard to keep the original intact!

Visual editing (i.e. lack of blood) is most likely attributable to Cartoon Network, not the dubbers :P  And CN probably couldn't/didn't buy the rights to use the op/ed songs... (sad ;_;)

Haha, I don't even have Cartoon Network here...  =_= yet I still manage to watch it.  Ahh the magic of intarnet.

ced1106

Saw the re-issues of Naruto manga "with free bookmark" at Borders. Naruto is already eight bucks per volume, 20% cheaper than most manga.

Your choice: blasphemy or lower prices.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Ryuji

i don't like it...it seems more boring...less funny.  Since the VA's do in diferent rooms, sometimes they pronouce things differently...i seen in some anime only one character would pronounce another character's name differently...

At least its clone jutsu and not doppleganger...

Everytime Naruto says "Believe it!" i get hella pissed...it just sounds so gay...

i doubt that they couldnt get the rights to the songs...they have plenty of anime with songs intact.  They wanted to americanize it... i remember reading that somewhere...they said they were going to keep most of the music...character music and background stuff.  The songs they put in are lame...i'll look for where i read that stuff about music and edit it in later.

There are way too many spoilers in the intro and ending!
Video Games: Not an Addiction, but a Lifestyle!!!
"Ex-Rover from Con"

JD IVUSTU

I wach it and like it but I'm only...so I've never seen any thing els

Darryl Mendoza

I saw it and thought they f***ed it up with all the f***ing crappy @$$ voice actors and they edited all the good stuff out.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

MeliCat

I'd liek to see how they're gonna pull off Haku and Zabuza... if they make it plutonic I'm gonna die.