Karaoke List 06. What will you sing?

Started by Jyunishinsho, September 26, 2005, 09:59:08 PM

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "platinum edge"I like the way you think Chun, and there are many ways to do so...reminds me of a story that I heard once.  Not sure if it's true, but I heard that some guy was able to sing a Spice Girls song in a karaoke competition one year because the rules said "anime and video game songs only".  Since the Spice Girls actually have a game out on the market...well...put 2 and 2 together and you'll get people cringing from the abominable act.

So basically I am not to sing songs like that in order to keep the audience happy. I tend to like opera-like songs. Being able to sing it is another matter however... Orchestrated music bam!

Songs I want to try:
In This Serenity - Mayumi Gojo- Xenosaga animation
Canta Per Me - Noir - So not doing this unless I get some company...
Open Your Mind- Oh! My Goddess! - Look above...also some practice might help.

Yeah, those three will be tough as hell. If any of you pull that off (well) I will personally go buy you lunch. I mean that. Of course I'll have to be in the room, but imagine a well played Open Your Mind. Wow, props to that person. OH I KNOW! Jyunishinsho, Chun, and I should all sing it! We will put a mean low tone song for all to rattle their bones and die too!...DIE!

Hank-KKD

Quote from: "platinum edge"I like the way you think Chun, and there are many ways to do so...reminds me of a story that I heard once.  Not sure if it's true, but I heard that some guy was able to sing a Spice Girls song in a karaoke competition one year because the rules said "anime and video game songs only".  Since the Spice Girls actually have a game out on the market...well...put 2 and 2 together and you'll get people cringing from the abominable act.

Yes, that happened a few years back. But the loophole has now been closed. Only *original* anime and video games songs are allowed now. If it was first released as a "popular" song, it is no longer allowed in the contest.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "GaleWolf"

Yes, that happened a few years back. But the loophole has now been closed. Only *original* anime and video games songs are allowed now. If it was first released as a "popular" song, it is no longer allowed in the contest.
wait, am i misreading something, or does this mean we are only allowed to do songs from anime and video games, and not random j-rock/j-pop?

platinum edge

I think that it was a number of years ago that that happened.  I'm pretty sure you can do J-rock/J-pop stuff now.  I'd say check up on the rules for that one.  The best place would probably be 2k5's webpage.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

Nina Star 9

yeah, we were allowed last year, becasue i did a random j-rock song. okay. then we are probably allowed this year. ^^

Hank-KKD

Yes, original J-Rock and J-Pop are still allowed.

What's not allowed is if, say, Hyde covers a song by, say, U2, then you can't claim that said U2 song is a J-rock song and sing it in the contest.

Same concept with anime theme songs. For example, there's an anime called Hanada Shonen-shi which uses a Backstreet Boys song as its OP. you can't sing this song because it's not original to the series/anime.

Spiritsnare

What if there's a remixed version of a song exclusive to the game and/or anime? (The trancified version of Genie in a Bottle from DDREX2 comes to mind.)
epic progressive

vox

nuclearbastard

I plan on singing the song from the South Park "Good Times With Weapons" episode.

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/video/801/song.mov

the_Pink_Panther24

Quote from: "nuclearbastard"I plan on singing the song from the South Park "Good Times With Weapons" episode.

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/video/801/song.mov

lol! that'd eb awesome.

I'de so do the "numa numa" if you did that.

Ska_Kitti

:( I never have time to karaoke crazy, but if I did, I'd probably sing Faye Wongs "Eyes on Me" in Mandarin. It's way prettier than her English version, and/or something from Pizzicato Five.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

otakuya

-I wanna sing:
Kimi no Mama de (Comic Party OPN)
Fly (Comic Party Revolution OPN)
Isshoni Kurasou (Comic Party Revolution END)
Give a Reason (Slayers Next)
Get Along (Slayers Orig)
Breeze (Slayers Try)
I Do (Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi)
Sentimental Generation (School Rumble Season 2)

Chun

Quote from: "Otakuya"-I wanna sing:
Kimi no Mama de (Comic Party OPN)
Fly (Comic Party Revolution OPN)
Isshoni Kurasou (Comic Party Revolution END)
Blaze (Tsubasa Chronicle OPN)
Happy Material (Mahou Sensei Negima OPN, any version)

All those are on my potential lost as well. Thank god for other CP fans.

I was thinking of having an accapella performance in the middle of the convention, but that would probably require some sort of practice. Yet, I had this dream where we acapella'd Katamari Damacy, 3rd ED of Naruto.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chun"
I was thinking of having an accapella performance in the middle of the convention, but that would probably require some sort of practice. Yet, I had this dream where we acapella'd Katamari Damacy...

Depends on what Damashii song you sing.

If you sing Cherry Blossom Color Season, I'll give you $50. ;)

edit Let's (that is, a group consisting of as many of the Fanime Forum Members as we can) sing Cherry Blossom Color Season together! WHADDYA SAY? X3
epic progressive

vox

ip136

hrm.. I dunno what to sing really... *shifty eyes* but everyone is giving out awesome song titles and ideas.. all I am sorta thinking about ish:
FF8 - Eyes on Me but knowing luck that is probably one of those banded songs, eh?

but the mention of "In This Serenity -  Xenosaga anime" has me remembering how awesome that one ish as well. @_@ hrm...
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Nina Star 9

i want to do wither "sunaipaa" or "taisou", both by amano tsukiko, for open mic. maybe i will do both. :D

i also am thinking about doing "moe" (again by amano) for the finals int he contest, but i cannot find the lyrics for it. >.<

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Chun"
I was thinking of having an accapella performance in the middle of the convention, but that would probably require some sort of practice. Yet, I had this dream where we acapella'd Katamari Damacy...

Depends on what Damashii song you sing.

If you sing Cherry Blossom Color Season, I'll give you $50. ;)

edit Let's (that is, a group consisting of as many of the Fanime Forum Members as we can) sing Cherry Blossom Color Season together! WHADDYA SAY? X3

What about this: I'll sing Cherry Blossom Color Season myself and give me the money in advance...

Ryuji

Quote from: "ip136"hrm.. I dunno what to sing really... *shifty eyes* but everyone is giving out awesome song titles and ideas.. all I am sorta thinking about ish:
FF8 - Eyes on Me but knowing luck that is probably one of those banded songs, eh?

but the mention of "In This Serenity -  Xenosaga anime" has me remembering how awesome that one ish as well. @_@ hrm...

haha i was at Anime Destiny...the same people running their karaoke contest is there...and yup Eyes on Me is on the list of Shame!!!!!

I was thinking about doing
under star - Hajime no Ippo
Face - Beck
Slip out - Beck
Moon on the Water - Beck

of course i know they do not have any of those yet...so i requested they upgrade the list haha when I was Anime Destiny...
Video Games: Not an Addiction, but a Lifestyle!!!
"Ex-Rover from Con"

Hank-KKD

The List of Shame doesn't mean that a song is banned. As a matter of fact, someone did sing Eyes On Me in the contest at Anime Destiny.

It just means it's a song a lot of people sing. So you risk getting mocked by the audience.

p.s. yes, remixes of an original anime song are okay.

ip136

Quote from: "GaleWolf"The List of Shame doesn't mean that a song is banned. As a matter of fact, someone did sing Eyes On Me in the contest at Anime Destiny.

It just means it's a song a lot of people sing. So you risk getting mocked by the audience.

p.s. yes, remixes of an original anime song are okay.

Hookay.. well as long as it isn't banned. @_@ I was the person who horribly ripped apart a version of Fly Me to the Moon in last years competition so... *shifty eyes* so yus. At least I know Eyes on Me a bit better. ^^;
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Jyunishinsho

Just curious, but do you have the list of songs for 06?