Started by Captaine Kit, October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Reasons you would go to a Fanime fashion show:

Check out hot, local fashion.
4 (11.1%)
Check out hot, foreign fashion.
10 (27.8%)
Check out hot models.
5 (13.9%)
See Stage Zero unfold for the first time ever.
5 (13.9%)
I'm always at major Fanime events.
6 (16.7%)
Might be better than a panel I just wandered from.
2 (5.6%)
Fashion show?  at Fanime?  but why?
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Captaine Kit

@MeliCat:
Yes.  I know some serious casual photographers, and I want you to be my help backstage.  Please get me more models.  Right now Veronica is only targeting her sisters at a sorority at SJSU. . . .  It'd be nice to give the modeling opportunity to people who really want to model, though.

@models and designers:
BBQ my place.  6pm-x on the 17th (tomorrow).  Email for more information.  

@All:
future 'poll' question: Do you think that FanimeCon's cosplayer demografics consist only of individuals seeking the 'safe' attention of people like them (people into anime)?  Is Fanime the place to give modeling opportunities to cosplayers and non-cosplayers?
My email button on Fanime bb is now 'on'.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

MeliCat

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"@MeliCat:
Yes.  I know some serious casual photographers, and I want you to be my help backstage.  Please get me more models.  Right now Veronica is only targeting her sisters at a sorority at SJSU. . . .  It'd be nice to give the modeling opportunity to people who really want to model, though.

Okay, you've got me backstage and I'll fish out some more models. I know you said the end of December was the deadline, but it would be easier for me to see how many/what sort of models we need based on how many concept designs you choose from the designers. Once you know for sure how many designers and peices we need "bodies" for, I'll work on it. I'll get some photos together and post them so we can see what we're dealing with and also to let the designers know what measurements they'll be working with. Maybe say Feb. 1st is the deadline for models to submit their info? You can reach me at on AIM (MeliNeko) if you want to discuss this is detail, that goes for anyone who wants to discuss modeling in the show! : D

Chikiru

'ts been a while since I posted. Yeah, I agree with Melicat. I have some friends who want to model, but the different concepts coming in might affect who wants to model still. =/

And in regards to the music playing in the background... I know there's going to be a DJ there, but I was wondering about the genre of the music. Would it change for each designer as their designs come out? Or would it be the same all the way through?

And to answer your poll question, Kit: I don't really have an answer to the first one, but I think that Fanime's a good place to find modeling opportunities. In my POV, cosplaying seems to be more or less a fashion show and the cosplayers the models. I mean, it'd be great if someone were able to get a career in modeling simply by doing what they enjoy (cosplaying). So yeah. There's my two cents for now. ^^

Captaine Kit

Quote from: "MeliCat"Maybe say Feb. 1st is the deadline for models to submit their info? You can reach me at on AIM (MeliNeko) if you want to discuss this is detail, that goes for anyone who wants to discuss modeling in the show! : D
Yes, deadline good.  Let's get an email correspondence going since with email I'm more up-to-date with everyone involved in the fashion show.  No, sorry to say, I don't use live chat servers at this time.

Quote from: "Chikiru"I know there's going to be a DJ there, but I was wondering about the genre of the music. Would it change for each designer as their designs come out? Or would it be the same all the way through?
I think that Fanime's a good place to find modeling opportunities. In my POV, cosplaying seems to be more or less a fashion show and the cosplayers the models. I mean, it'd be great if someone were able to get a career in modeling simply by doing what they enjoy (cosplaying).
Yes, opportunities good.  Although the opportunities for a certain goal can be given, it's the individual's responsibility to keep up with the goal.  I believe that bringing a certain model and photographer ethic to FanimeCon can affect the cosplay community tremendously . . . positively.  Both the cosplayers and the amateur photographers may begin to consider being more professional when taking photos, even if the snapshots are not for professional use.  The pose, lighting, background, and interaction between people will get better and better as we learn from each other.  It's the attitude of always wanting to improve that makes someone a pro.

I also believe that cosplay photos posted on the internet will turn out to be much, much better.  Be picky with your lighting and backgrounds, people!

MeliCat

Okay, you have my e-mail, mail me and we'll get this model thing going. How many submissions did you get for designers?

Captaine Kit

So far one group and three individuals (myself excluded) have given word of their commitment and have shown me their concept drawings.  From these each designer or group will solidify their aesthetic, their direction.  In about one month we'll be able to see the love of this labor and work more closely with our contribution to Fanime Live Programming and our presence at the convention in general.  

Two of the designers actually have never made clothing before, so I would really like the aid of other designers and cosplayers out there to add to the pool of knowledge and sewing machines--start up this Bay Area Cosplay Resource thang already.  :roll:

MeliCat

I can teach models all they need to know, but I'm learning to sew myself! XD

grove

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"So far one group and three individuals (myself excluded) have given word of their commitment and have shown me their concept drawings.  From these each designer or group will solidify their aesthetic, their direction.  In about one month we'll be able to see the love of this labor and work more closely with our contribution to Fanime Live Programming and our presence at the convention in general.  

Two of the designers actually have never made clothing before, so I would really like the aid of other designers and cosplayers out there to add to the pool of knowledge and sewing machines--start up this Bay Area Cosplay Resource thang already.  :roll:

I'f it's not too late, I can sew.

And if you need another person, I can model if you're still looking for one.
The chicka with the kick.

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"

·There are currently three designers (Kyle, Fonz, me) and one group (Hibiscus) who will have models wearing their clooothes at FanimeCon 2006.  Personally I think this is a good number to go with, considering how much clooothes will be made.

Can you please make a solid statement, if you are taking designers, or not? My bf seems interested in being a designer.

I was considering being a model, but I'd only be interested in modeling my bf's clothing, because he knows my sizes, and if he needs to fit his designs on me, I can easily go and see him, so he can adjust etc.

I'd love to hear a more solid time and date for the fashion show, and where it's being held, I searched through the thread and I don't believe I saw the place the fashion show would be held.

As for a suggestion if I'm in the show or not, I think it would definately be a horrid idea to make seperate categories, just have each designer showcase there work, one at a time.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Chikiru

Just to answer some questions here, since it's been a while:

Quote from: "grove"

I'f it's not too late, I can sew.

And if you need another person, I can model if you're still looking for one.

I think we're still looking for models, aren't we Kit? But just to let you have some information, send Kit an email and ask for a modeling application. I think she told some of us via email that the due date for the app was February 1st, so you still have some time.  :D

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"

Can you please make a solid statement, if you are taking designers, or not? My bf seems interested in being a designer.

I was considering being a model, but I'd only be interested in modeling my bf's clothing, because he knows my sizes, and if he needs to fit his designs on me, I can easily go and see him, so he can adjust etc.

I'd love to hear a more solid time and date for the fashion show, and where it's being held, I searched through the thread and I don't believe I saw the place the fashion show would be held.

As for a suggestion if I'm in the show or not, I think it would definately be a horrid idea to make seperate categories, just have each designer showcase there work, one at a time.

Er... Yeah, sorry about that. Since only regulars came to check ont he thread and everyone signed up, we thought it easier to just send information via email.

I think we're still taking designers. I'm not sure, although I would jut send her an email anyways and ask, and if she says yes, then ask for an application. The due date for the concept drawings are February 15th, I think.

And for models, I'm pretty sure you can choose to be your BF's model. A section on the designers' application is whether or not they have models picked already. ^^ Although there's an issue of being 18 and over for modeling right now.

And as for the date and time:

Event Schedule
1.   Date: early to late evening Friday or Saturday.
2.   Time
   a)   Begins 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. or some time in between
   b)   Does not interfere with major Fanime events (MusicFest, Guest interviews, etc.)
   c)   Length is approx. 1 ½ - 2 hours.

That's what we have so far. As far as I know, we haven't heard a confirmation for anything definite yet.

Oh! And yeah, I think we agreed on having one designer's showcase at a time. So that the agents who are coming won't be confused as to which outfit belongs to which designer.  :lol:

Nina Star 9

if it is friday i would not be able to make it... >.<

stupid school.

Chikiru

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"if it is friday i would not be able to make it... >.<

stupid school.

I agree. Xp

Nina Star 9

4 or 5 PM saturday sounds good... now hopefully there are no other events at that time, and it can be then. >.<

Jyunishinsho

I'd like an update.

How many people have signed up as models?

Also...

How many people have signed up as designers?

Captaine Kit

Here is confirmation fo day-of events.  Also, the responsibilities of the designers and models is this:
1) Participate in the stages leading up to the show: construct the clothes/get model training.
2) Participate in FanimeCon Fashion events: tabling and fashion show.
3) Participate in clean-up of displays and recruitment of models and designers to do Fashion Show next year.

Quote from: "Veronica Porras to jason, joy, me"
Hi Jason and Joy,

It was great meeting you last night. Attached is the agenda for your approval. To recap on what was discussed, The final deadline for all departments is 4/30. For the fashion show, All designs, clothes, music are to be completed on this day and copies/pictures of the final product sent to Jason. The tentative show date will be Saturday May 27, 2006.

April 1, 2006 the fashion committee will receive final confirmation if May 27th will be our show date and if our agenda will be approved.

The fashion show will take place at Stage Zero from 4:00-8:00pm each designer will have a 15 min set.
Please let me know if I left anything out in the recap.

Best Regards,

Veronica Porras
Model Recruiter

Please know that the Fashion Show committee cares deeply about the outcome of new Live Programming.  We are heavily involved and would like any available talents to be volunteered.  There are positions in drafting & construction, makeup, booth design (artist row), tech, ushering, and general go-about-ness (please suggest).

If you are involved, you will receive all information regarding designers, designs, models, and commitments by email.  If you would like to be involved though have not received anything, please contact me by phone or email telling me which positions you are interested in, and then you will receive updates by email.

Quote from: "Chikiru"Just to answer some questions here, since it's been a while: [etc]
I would hope that for now those involved in the fashion show stick to their priorities.  All necessary information will be released on need-to-know, time sensitive terms.  Thanks.

Sunara Ishi

I'll come watch. I think it'll be fun.

I forgot about this. Thank you for reminding me today. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Captaine Kit

From some other post:

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"Yo, yo!  Current sections in Fashion Show team:

Designers in leadership, we need y'all to pull thru.  Section needs drafting and sewing assistants on team.

PR has a design team.  Still needs: a) leadership who can maintain the day-of itinerary for fashion show; or b) team to setup & break down Artist Row booth--no heavy lifting; or c) team to feed Fanime's info booths & maintain the scene as ushers.

Photography has Veronica as leadership.

Models has Melicat as leadership.  Needs team to acquire makeup, help run backstage, and assist models.

Tech has David as leadership and some equipment.  Needs team to setup, test, run and break down AV.

Email me to show which section you'd like to participate in, as leadership or as team.  I will not confirm individual requests on bb.  Only emails or telephone calls will be taken seriously.  Thanks to everyone already on the ball for Fashion Show and for Stage Zero!

Long

Still accepting models? I might make a visit on this Saturday for the Con Staffer meeting.

Captaine Kit

Quote from: "Long"Still accepting models? I might make a visit on this Saturday for the Con Staffer meeting.

Hell yeah!  Tell all your friends!  There will be a meeting for models the week after I take holiday.  It will take place 8th April at my house.

I have a substantial number of 'petite' figures now, so I'll need some more diverse applicants.  Any figure, I swear--actually, I have some really sexy day and evening wear for the voluptuous ladies out there, but without applicants I can't put it in the show.

As for casting call, that is slated for 1 or 2 weeks out from showtime, so by then the clothing will be finished.  Casting call will determine which applicants will actually be in portfolio and/or runway event, and only then is when the designers make the clothing fit on the models.

Long

I got a few people in Sactown that may want to model. I might be able to carpool them to San Jose this Saturday because I have a Staff Meeting I have to hit. If it's okay for them to come this Saturday, could you give me the address where you would like them to meet you? Usually whenever I Mapquest a street in San Jose, I end up hopelessly lost due to the inefficiency that is Mapquest, but I'll be willing to risk it this time. xP Also, any paperwork or information that they might need would be quite helpful as well. =]