Started by Captaine Kit, October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Reasons you would go to a Fanime fashion show:

Check out hot, local fashion.
4 (11.1%)
Check out hot, foreign fashion.
10 (27.8%)
Check out hot models.
5 (13.9%)
See Stage Zero unfold for the first time ever.
5 (13.9%)
I'm always at major Fanime events.
6 (16.7%)
Might be better than a panel I just wandered from.
2 (5.6%)
Fashion show?  at Fanime?  but why?
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 20, 2005, 04:15:28 PM

Chikiru

Yay! =33

Sorry, I needed to get that out. Anywho...

I was wondering, as a designer, would I be allowed to attend the model tryouts? Not as model applicants, but just to look at people. I might be bringing several others who would like to tryout, in case that isn't a good enough reason. ^^;;;

Format of the show? Would ideas on how the outfits would be walked out fall under that catagory? The two possible ways, that I know of anyways, to approaching that one is either to have the outfits per designer(s) together or to seperate them into different catagories, although I think the latter one might be a little chaotic due to people trying to keep their own outfits in order.

This is coming along great... XDDD Oh! And I've never really said hi to anyone... Soo..... Hey~. ^^

Edit: For Captain Kit

Reposting the email here just in case. =333 *worries too much*

Hey! Thanks for the email. I'm happy to know the progress of everything; neurotic like that... Anyways...

Um... I noticed that my email was listed under "Charred-Alice". Is that a group where all still-in-school designers are placed in? Or is that just one group of designers?

If it's the first one, then you don't have to read the rest of this. XD

If it's the latter, I'm sorry if I was vague in the information I put down before... ^^;;; But I'm from a different school, and my friends and I actually formed another designer group, not the one with Charles/Long. So I was wondering if you could list/change our group to "Hibiscus"??  Sorry! >< Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion; should've clarified myself when I first posted. >.>;;; Thanks again!!!!!!!

-Theresa/Chikiru(Fanime BB)

Long

Quote from: "Chikiru"Yay! =33

Sorry, I needed to get that out. Anywho...

I was wondering, as a designer, would I be allowed to attend the model tryouts? Not as model applicants, but just to look at people. I might be bringing several others who would like to tryout, in case that isn't a good enough reason. ^^;;;

Format of the show? Would ideas on how the outfits would be walked out fall under that catagory? The two possible ways, that I know of anyways, to approaching that one is either to have the outfits per designer(s) together or to seperate them into different catagories, although I think the latter one might be a little chaotic due to people trying to keep their own outfits in order.

This is coming along great... XDDD Oh! And I've never really said hi to anyone... Soo..... Hey~. ^^

Edit: For Captain Kit

Reposting the email here just in case. =333 *worries too much*

Hey! Thanks for the email. I'm happy to know the progress of everything; neurotic like that... Anyways...

Um... I noticed that my email was listed under "Charred-Alice". Is that a group where all still-in-school designers are placed in? Or is that just one group of designers?

If it's the first one, then you don't have to read the rest of this. XD

If it's the latter, I'm sorry if I was vague in the information I put down before... ^^;;; But I'm from a different school, and my friends and I actually formed another designer group, not the one with Charles/Long. So I was wondering if you could list/change our group to "Hibiscus"??  Sorry! >< Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion; should've clarified myself when I first posted. >.>;;; Thanks again!!!!!!!

-Theresa/Chikiru(Fanime BB)
Yeah, there must have been a mix-up. Charred-Alice is the name of our (I and my homies' xD) group. I wasn't quite clear on how we're supposed to work with the models. Is a profile of each model to be sent with measurements and such and we have to work from that or what?

Hmm.. Our group is shaping up kind of badly. Faye doesn't want to do it, and some of the others, I'm having trouble convincing to go. Not to mention SAT's and a bumload of tests and reports are around the corner. I'm probably going to have to do the majority of my designs during Christmas Break, but it's going to feel terribly like procrastination. >_>

And whoa, Chiriku, how'd you know my name was Charles? At least, my middle name or such. I don't think I mentioned it. ._.;;

Chikiru

I know how you feel ^. >< I'm planning on taking the January SATs along with my finals. So I'm basically doing the exact thing as you to get the 40 concept sketches done. >.> I really don't like rushing on these things, since they usually turn out purty-ugly if done too fast. XP

Edit: To Long

I knew your name was Charles 'cause of an email Captain sent out to a couple (4) of the people who I think sent PMs with the desire to be a designer. Captain mentioned that a guy named Charles was in charge of the Charred-Alice group and since I've been on this thread like a bloodhound, I kinda made a connection. XDDD

Nina Star 9

gah! sorry, but my e-mail hates me, so if i do nto reply in a while, it is not because i forgot/i am not intrested/i did not check my mail, it is because it does not show up in my inbox for a day or so. >.< so sorry about that!

Long

Ugh... It seems so hopeless. I'm sorry to say, that group Charred-Alice won't be attending. The preparation is all too much and what little free time I do have is few and far between. At the con, I will attend definitely, but there won't be any designs coming from me. If perhaps I get some free time and do manage to pull off the correct number of sketches out of pure luck before the deadline, then perhaps I will readminister my group, but as it is now, it's all to hectic. So please remove "Charred-Alice" from the designing Group list. I apologize for all this, and I was really looking forward to it, but I'm afraid, many other things have top priority, and I would feel undedicated if I agreed to this now.

Thanks and sorry yet again. ;-;

Chikiru

Do we know how long the fashion show will be? Or will it all just depend on how many outfits there are going to be shown? *blinks*

Captaine Kit

@ Chikiru & Hibiscus &al:
Si.  Designers should try to come on the dates when models are interviewed.  It's not necessary, but it would be a good chance to introduce yourself.

I think if we are to decide on a show format, it must be between all of the designers.  The length of the show facing uncertainty here (see last item on this post).  Here are some suggestions for the order off appearance:
★pyjamas, work/school wear, leisure/sport, evening.
★by similar design styles (ie gothloli in one block) with one designer's collection followed by another designer's collection
★be contrasting design styles (ie one block of gothloli followed by one block of thrifty street-chic followed by one block of goth rock)

@ Long & Charred-Alice &al:
Gee, I'm totally getting enough sleep. :b  I knew it'd be hard to get a school group to do this--the true, unmentioned reason I suggested against it.  Can I convince you to stick to the fashion show without a large group?  You are welcome to use my home as a place to construct the clothing, and we have so much to gain from each others' fashion and sewing experiences.

The 40 concepts (due before January 1) isn't really for me, it's to help you with your own design process.  40 concept sketches that are legible to you amounts to:
★about 20 outfits
★about 13 tops
★about 7 bottoms
What I really need from each designer/group is to pick half of those that they like.  Sketch them again, but legible to me and make notes.  Those are due sometime in January, after we make the model cuts.  That is also when we get everyone to sign their model or designer releases so that we can begin our rendering!

@ The Community:
Yeah, it seems that as many ideas as there are floating around for Stage Zero, only two are concrete because all the other ideas keep floating as 'what ifs' without documentation or proper emailing of Jasonface!  Here's for sure:the Catwalk will happen, and the Fashion Show will happen.

As you know, this is the first real kind of fashion experience that any anime convention will ever have.  It is a bridge between the professional modeling, designing and fashion consumer world and the world of fiction as entertainment.  This show is an opportunity to shake it up and get a portfolio started for models and designers.  You can take this to a job interview or a school interview.

On top of that, I have drafted my event outline as such:
★ I have sponsors for my show.  Check this out: modeling agency, design schools and local clothing brands.  Whoopah.  If you gonna worry about it, you have to ask me and Justin and trust that we deliver.  Or just don't worry.
★ The Fashion Show must be as professional looking as possible.  We don't have to buy extra resources for the show.  Simple and clean never looked so fantastic as on a runway.  The show must also have a professional length:  Long enough to show the models walk out maybe two at a time and then they go back in.  Please don't let this be a show of 15-minute segments!  It will make our first show look bad!
★ The time proposed for this fashion show is during MusicFest.  Personally, I hate that!  MusicFest crowd is really into fashion--am I right or am I right?  They should not have to miss one or the other!  What is more reasonable right now is some different scheduling arrangements--what's realistic now is to lay out all the doable options for Jason to critique.  Any email input from you guys is good!
★ The seating reserved for the show is for Fanime attendees and for Special Guests, because that is the least we could do for them.  Our ushers will be wearing clothes you wouldn't normally see at FanimeCon, as an added aesthetic element.  I would like to, when Jason approves, invite even our musical guests to sit at the front, able to face each other at nice tables and enjoy our fashion show.

I reply to these posts in bursts because it's the most efficient use of my time.  If there are anymore questions from designers or models who wish to be a part ofthis show, I will take them by pm or email.  You haven't signed anything yet, but if you're diehard about this event, it wouldn't hurt to show that by getting your questions to me directly--I will surely forward the answers to the other models and designers.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Chikiru

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"@ Chikiru & Hibiscus &al:
Si.  Designers should try to come on the dates when models are interviewed.  It's not necessary, but it would be a good chance to introduce yourself.

Okay thanks. ^^

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"I think if we are to decide on a show format, it must be between all of the designers.  The length of the show facing uncertainty here (see last item on this post).  Here are some suggestions for the order off appearance:
★pyjamas, work/school wear, leisure/sport, evening.
★by similar design styles (ie gothloli in one block) with one designer's collection followed by another designer's collection
★be contrasting design styles (ie one block of gothloli followed by one block of thrifty street-chic followed by one block of goth rock)

I like #2. ^^ It would help extend the fashion show if anything else, and seems to be the one that helps keeps any group/person's own outfits together instead of strewn/worn about. Especially if we're planning on making 20+ outfits/bottoms/tops.

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"

The 40 concepts (due before January 1) isn't really for me, it's to help you with your own design process.  40 concept sketches that are legible to you amounts to:
★about 20 outfits
★about 13 tops
★about 7 bottoms
What I really need from each designer/group is to pick half of those that they like.  Sketch them again, but legible to me and make notes.  Those are due sometime in January, after we make the model cuts.  That is also when we get everyone to sign their model or designer releases so that we can begin our rendering!

Pick half of them on our own or in one of the meetings we're going to have? 'Cause although I'm sure it won't take long, leafing through the designs might be kind of hard due to personal preferences, especially in a group. Meh. ^^;;;

@ The Community:

As you know, this is the first real kind of fashion experience that any anime convention will ever have.  It is a bridge between the professional modeling, designing and fashion consumer world and the world of fiction as entertainment.  This show is an opportunity to shake it up and get a portfolio started for models and designers.  You can take this to a job interview or a school interview.
Whoooooooooooooo~.... *does the one-person wave*

On top of that, I have drafted my event outline as such:
★ I have sponsors for my show.  Check this out: modeling agency, design schools and local clothing brands.  Whoopah.  If you gonna worry about it, you have to ask me and Justin and trust that we deliver.  Or just don't worry.

*repeats above action* XD

★ The time proposed for this fashion show is during MusicFest.  Personally, I hate that!  MusicFest crowd is really into fashion--am I right or am I right?  They should not have to miss one or the other!  What is more reasonable right now is some different scheduling arrangements--what's realistic now is to lay out all the doable options for Jason to critique.  Any email input from you guys is good!

I think I emailed this to you, but just in case speculators of the show were wondering....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~! That's horrible.... T_T But... Because the majority of the Fanime schedule is unknown right now, I'm not really sure what other times the fashion show might take place, suggestion-wise. Anytime away from Musicfest is fine for me, personally. =33 What other times would we be able to schedule the show at? Sometime when a major event at Fanime wouldn't be going on, right? *blinks*

★ The seating reserved for the show is for Fanime attendees and for Special Guests, because that is the least we could do for them.  Our ushers will be wearing clothes you wouldn't normally see at FanimeCon, as an added aesthetic element.  I would like to, when Jason approves, invite even our musical guests to sit at the front, able to face each other at nice tables and enjoy our fashion show.

Yay!!! XD That's all I have to say on the matter.

I reply to these posts in bursts because it's the most efficient use of my time.  If there are anymore questions from designers or models who wish to be a part ofthis show, I will take them by pm or email.  You haven't signed anything yet, but if you're diehard about this event, it wouldn't hurt to show that by getting your questions to me directly--I will surely forward the answers to the other models and designers.

You're post was lovely. ^^ I liked the stars... Anywho, I'll just add the email address from the last email to send you questions, I suppose. =33

Okay... 'Til next time! Woo.

Long

I must admit, all the information seems awfully appealing, but I don't think I will formally enter Charred-Alice into the fray, unless it is certain that we will have all 40 concept sketches by the deadline.

I myself may enter as a model if the designing portion doesn't work out, however, I have had not previous experience, so I'm not sure if that would be a large setback.

How many Designer Groups have entered so far?

Nina Star 9

two things-

would putting stage experience as experience count? i have little modeling expierence, but plenty of stage expeirence...

how do we edit the application form to put in our information? ~ - ~

Chikiru

We can have more than 40 concepts, right? o.o

And...

I don't believe you need any previous modeling experience to walk, do you? 'Cause some of our models who are going to try out don't have any either, although they're willing to learn. ^^

taffyuko

Okay, I'm affiliated with Chikiru AKA another designer working along with HIBISCUS.  I have watched many fashion shows lately and my mom herself has worked backstage with models, putting on their clothes in less than 2 minutes and what-not...so what I want to say is...

I personally think that it would be better that each designer circle go at a time; instead of separating into different types of wear (evening wear/gothic-lolli/day-wear/etc.).  So for example, Charred Alice, a designing group may go first.  Because they have numerous designers (I'm just hypothetically speaking), one designer's sets will all go at one time and then she will come out after all the models have shown the clothes, bow to the audience, whatever, walk back to the backstagewith the models.  Then the next designer under the same circle and the process repeats until all the designers in Charred Alice have finished.  Then the show will move on to the next group.

Of course, it might take up a lot of time depending on how many attire sets each designer has.  So another alternative is that the the different circles will go at a time but the order of the attire sets will not matter.  Instead, in the end, all designers will walk onto the catwalk with the line of models with their clothes at the front, bow to audience, the works, etc.

The reason why I felt that this way would be better is that it'd be easier for the sponsors and the fashion institute agents see who designed what.  If we bunched everything together, it'd be difficult.  

I know this is really confusing...but I swear it made more sense when I was talking to my fellow friends/co-workers.  ^^;

Private message me or email me if you want a more specific explanation.
"Real men have curves."

"Oh really?  Real men also wear pink."

- Zack & Yuko Conversation

Captaine Kit

I totally understand.

Models
·Models for the show don't need previous professional experience.  Stage, public speaking or public exhibition is a plus.  All we really require is professional attitude consisted of confidence and commitment.
·Those seeking to develop a professional model portfolio and/or subscribe to a modeling agency will be given the opportunity to do so.

Designers:
·I'd like to have the show run professionally.  Even though I suggested a few formats for the order of the show, I would like to have the similar styles together.
·You can do more than 40 concepts.  You can make more or less than 20 of those concepts to put in the fashion show.  [edit]Ideally, all the desighers should get together in January to help you choose which designs you really want to make.  We need to do this in tandem with the model selection timeline.
·There are currently three designers (Kyle, Fonz, me) and one group (Hibiscus) who will have models wearing their clooothes at FanimeCon 2006.  Personally I think this is a good number to go with, considering how much clooothes will be made.

Questions for Hibiscus and other groups, because I was thrown off by this:
Quote from: "taffyuko"Because they have numerous designers (I'm just hypothetically speaking), one designer's sets will all go at one time and then she will come out after all the models have shown the clothes, bow to the audience, whatever, walk back to the backstagewith the models. Then the next designer under the same circle and the process repeats until all the designers in Charred Alice have finished. Then the show will move on to the next group.
Are you submitting your designs under the group name Hibiscus?
If the answer is yes, then we're on the same page.

If the answer is no, then are you submitting as individual designers with a set of clothing each?
Then how many designs does that total for the whole group?
Wouldn't that be inconvenient to get the audience to know each designer of a group?  I feel that a group should enter their whole line of clothing as a composition and all the individuals of that group be named only in the printed program.

Chikiru

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"I totally understand.

Questions for Hibiscus and other groups, because I was thrown off by this:
Quote from: "taffyuko"Because they have numerous designers (I'm just hypothetically speaking), one designer's sets will all go at one time and then she will come out after all the models have shown the clothes, bow to the audience, whatever, walk back to the backstagewith the models. Then the next designer under the same circle and the process repeats until all the designers in Charred Alice have finished. Then the show will move on to the next group.
Are you submitting your designs under the group name Hibiscus?
If the answer is yes, then we're on the same page.

If the answer is no, then are you submitting as individual designers with a set of clothing each?
Then how many designs does that total for the whole group?
Wouldn't that be inconvenient to get the audience to know each designer of a group?  I feel that a group should enter their whole line of clothing as a composition and all the individuals of that group be named only in the printed program.

I think I understand what she's trying to get at (at least, how she explained it to us). Because of the probability that design school representatives and local fashion brand reps are coming to the show, being in a group is kinda hard on them because they wouldn't know which outfits belonged to which designer in the group without talking to them. Our group consists of individual designers just putting our concepts together to make up a group application.

But then again, I also see where you're getting at. It would be kind of long for each designer to be known. But then again, I suppose we could just split up the group and apply as individual designers. Each designer could get their own spotlight moment, if they so wished, that way, ne?

I guess I'll talk to the rest of my group about that. It's easier to get many designs in a group, but in running the show and picking outfits, it seems much easier by simply entering as individuals.

Edit:

Okay, we've agreed to sign up as individuals. Soo... If you would please get rid of the group Hibiscus from the list, that'd be great. ^^

Um... I suppose I'll just post my information down now. Could you put 'Chikiru/Theresa Quach' down as an individual designer? Thanks! ^^

And I suppose the rest of them will go ahead and sign up as individuals eventually. Thanks again!! ^^

Captaine Kit

Yo.

Email me questions on what designers or models need to know, and my answers will return in the form of an email to all the designers or models.  It's in my bb profile.

This forum topic is now open for the Public to discuss general news pertaining to the fashion show.

Yukimi

hello.  i was part of the former Hibiscus and would like to apply as an individual designer under the name Yue Lai Huang (nick: yukimi).  however, seeing as i am very busy with schoolwork this year, i cannot promise that i will stay.  on a brighter happier more positive note of love, I am attempting to finish my 40 sketches in the duration of Christmas vacation.  if i do manage to accomplish this, I will definitely be staying in the fashion show as a designer.   i think that is all for the time being.  the percentage of me participating as a designer is at about 88% right now.  the remaining 12% depends on various scenarios that might or might not happen.

Chikiru

Quote from: "Captaine Kit"Yo.

Email me questions on what designers or models need to know, and my answers will return in the form of an email to all the designers or models.  It's in my bb profile.

This forum topic is now open for the Public to discuss general news pertaining to the fashion show.

Okay. Thank you!!! ^^

MeliCat

I was a model and beauty pagent wiz for years until I started college, I'd love to model! I also have experience helping things run smoothly backstage (making sure outfits are changed quicky, make-up is touched up, hair is in place). I would be happy to walk the runway as many times as needed and then jump into assisting the other models and designers backstage. I'm also very familliar with runway walking and posing. If anyone is interested in a little pre-show tutorial just to get some practice in before the event, I'm happy to give the models some tips if they are interested.

This is all right up my alley and I'd love to help but I live so far away (Sacramento)! It seems if I keep in touch here on the board, it'll be okay to skip meetings. I'm bringing this all up at my holiday dinner tonight with my friends, I may have a male model (6'2", very cute!) and a design team going. This is all so exciting!

I think it would also be worth it to inlist some professional (or at least really good casual) photographers to capture the moments on stage. Runway shots of designs are golden to a designer's portfolio and are also great momentos for the models. I could rattle off many more ideas, but my post is already so long! I'll leave it at this: THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

Nina Star 9

since there seems to be a few people intrested in it here in sactown, maybe have a smaller meeting of just us sacramentans? :D

Chikiru

Quote from: "MeliCat"I was a model and beauty pagent wiz for years until I started college, I'd love to model! I also have experience helping things run smoothly backstage (making sure outfits are changed quicky, make-up is touched up, hair is in place). I would be happy to walk the runway as many times as needed and then jump into assisting the other models and designers backstage. I'm also very familliar with runway walking and posing. If anyone is interested in a little pre-show tutorial just to get some practice in before the event, I'm happy to give the models some tips if they are interested.

This is all right up my alley and I'd love to help but I live so far away (Sacramento)! It seems if I keep in touch here on the board, it'll be okay to skip meetings. I'm bringing this all up at my holiday dinner tonight with my friends, I may have a male model (6'2", very cute!) and a design team going. This is all so exciting!

I think it would also be worth it to inlist some professional (or at least really good casual) photographers to capture the moments on stage. Runway shots of designs are golden to a designer's portfolio and are also great momentos for the models. I could rattle off many more ideas, but my post is already so long! I'll leave it at this: THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

That's great! I have a few of my friends wanting to model, but they... er, don't know how... ^^;;

And photographers would be awesome. XDDD I might actually go buy a nice camera of my own and enlist (force), the help of one of my friends who's not going to be in the show to take pictures too. Eheh... ^^