Stage Zero Programming [fin, no more updates]

Started by Captaine Kit, October 20, 2005, 06:13:33 PM

Getting involved in Stage Zero as:

Live music/dance performance
10 (26.3%)
Catwalk contestant
3 (7.9%)
Fashion Show (designer/photographer/model)
7 (18.4%)
Supportive Audience
12 (31.6%)
Staffing/Volunteering
4 (10.5%)
Get involved? Why?
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: October 20, 2005, 06:13:33 PM

Captaine Kit

What is Stage Zero? little edit
We need stage/sound tech to staff this.  It is an event that will take place right above the registration vestibule.  That's the humongaloid mezzanine space between the hotel and the dealer's room, the general meeting space for Fanime Con-goers.

Stage Zero programming:
Convention Announcements Panel and Event Producers, please contact me so we can compile a list of announcements to run during the convention.
3-minute movies Anyone is eligible.  What is it?  Heck, ask Ebner.  Please submit entries by March 15.
AMV previews, TRL style needs VJ hosts.
Anime/Foreign Film previews
Game ShowsAll suggestions submitted to me by PM or email will be taken seriously.  So far these have been suggested:
Cosplay Chess and Iron Cosplay
Live Music, Dance, other shows/acts
Quote from: "dealerJason"Stage Zero is to be a live show that will go all day and into the evening. Programming will be fast and constant. . . .
This is all possible. How much will you participate?

Fashion Show
We are local designers raised in the Fanime community.  Before and after Fashion Show events, the designers will be promoting their design portfolios at a booth and table in Artist Row.  Some items will be on sale after the events.

Some styles draw from music in physical manifestation--literally with guitar picks, strings, CDs, and other materials as part of the clothing!  Some designers wish to elaborate on fighter/raver style, totally original and totally imaginable for a fantasy world.  Some of the fashion you will see comes from meandering the streets of Vancouver and San Francisco.

Check out (poll) Fashion Show
and Street Style [EGL, Decora...] Fashion Show?

Any questions and reports must go directly to Live Programming leadership.  Audition and other participation requests will not be honored unless you report to the appropriate parties.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Nemo

Fear not my friends, for Stage Zero will blow you away.  I am currently working on content that is far from the norm and will be sure to make a mark on your convention going experience.

See you in six months!

Eri

Quote from: "Nemo"Fear not my friends, for Stage Zero will blow you away.

Oh my... That is so true.

It's been 5 minutes of sitting here, typing, deleting, more typing, and more deleting. There are at least 100 reasons why that's true, but I can't seem to even type one up good enough to explain why.

8-[
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

G.I.R

Nemo

All things will be made clear in time.  Think of it like a surprise for your birthday.  You always want to know what it is, but a quick peek ruins the surprise!

MeliCat

This all sounds great to be, especially modeling in the fashion show!

Gainax Boy

"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

gogoedward

If anyone went to GAME at the San Francisco Moscone center a few weeks ago they had the Gamespot Live stage.

I'm assuming that Fanime's Stage Zero is going to be more or less the same idea.

This sounds like it will be a really great addition to the convention, I could see this starting a trend at other conventions if it all goes well.

Emerge

hmm...if me and my buddy can do a lil breaking (or what little we can do associated with it), we'll be sure to check it out

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Nemo"Fear not my friends, for Stage Zero will blow you away.  I am currently working on content that is far from the norm and will be sure to make a mark on your convention going experience.

See you in six months!
i kinda need a somewhat better description of what/how stage zero is going to be set up and how it is going to be run/work, because at this point with the beautiful description there is here, i don't actually know much about it at all. plus, i need to know how the format of the show is going to be done.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Captaine Kit

The general means of a stage such as Stage Zero is entertainment that isn't too important that you can't miss.  You can be entertained while you wait for an event that you do want to attend: live panel, movie screening, cosplay, etc.  Still, you will be entertained and you will want more!  

The ends of Stage Zero (the actual content) is gameshows, sketches, AMVs, live performances by fans who are dancers and musicians, etc.  Stage Zero's purpose is to entertain you and also inform you of the time and location of other FanimeCon Live Programming.
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

grove

The chicka with the kick.

otakuapprentice

yea, how do you get into stage zero? because if i dont do the 'whose line' show , i was maybe thinking of doing a game show for stage zero(kinda like jeopardy, in a sense) but i dont know who to pitch the idea to...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Ska_Kitti

Five words: Watch out for Team Flex.

We'll be performing on Stage Zero quite a few times.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Gainax Boy

Can I volunteer or audition to be a Host for Stage Zero? ^__^
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

heeroyuy135

I hope to get heavily involved at Stage Zero as a participant...