Neo-Swing Boogie-Woogie Dance Hall Takeover!

Started by Long, November 08, 2005, 07:07:58 PM

Long

Learn your swing dancing, get your slick pinstriped suits, and your flashy Marylin Monroe styled dresses, we're taking over the Dance Hall!

Suggested Music:

Miyavi - Shindemo Boogie Woogie
    5,6,7,8's - Woo Hoo
    Honnou - Sheena Ringo
    Shiina Ringo - Naiive
    Shiina Ringo and Tokyo Ska Paradise
    Miyavi - Kekkonsiki no Uta ??
    Shiina Ringo - Doppelganger
    Shiina Ringo - Poltergeist
    Shiina Ringo - Torikoshi (Something) ??
    Shiina Ringo - Yamini Furu Ame
    Dir en Grey - Machiavellism
    Dir en Grey - Umbrella
    L'arc en Ciel - Evergreen
    L'arc en Ciel - Heaven's Drive
    Amano Tsukiko - Boggy!
    Amano Tsukiko - Kame
    Amano Tsukiko - ButterFinger
    Amano Tsukiko - Moe
    Baroque - Irokoi
    Gazette - Zetsu

Date: Not night of Der Cosplay? >_>

Where: Dance Hall

Your Input: Help us pick out a good night, to take over the dance hall, and if you have any great music choices, we'll add them here. Remember to bring your 20's/30's styled clothing or a gothic or any other styled adaptation of it to Fanime! Requires Planning ahead. If you plan to attend, post in here so we can get an accurate count. =]

If you'd like to suggest music, please send it, preferably in mp3 format to my E-Mail: [email protected], or give me the title and I'll search for it in YouTube. If its not there, you'll need to send me a file.

Idea of 20's-30's-40's Era Clothing:

Womens

Mens

Nina Star 9

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"you need more than two songs. :/
This is why People must add more songs! >> 20's/30's theme songs with a touch of J-Rock preferably. >>

As fillers we'll also be playing some Yoko Kanno Cowboy Bebop Songs like Piano Black and Tank. But we're hoping to fill up time slots so we don't have to. ;D

Nina Star 9

also, i am not sure how many people at cons dress up in 20's/30's/40's style. >>

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"also, i am not sure how many people at cons dress up in 20's/30's/40's style. >>
They will for this. XD Especially the Gothic J-Rocker Types. We're hoping to influence them mostly, not exactly the era style but hopefully with added rockish flair. =]

Nina Star 9

if i was doing original costumes this year, i would so do this. :D

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"if i was doing original costumes this year, i would so do this. :D
=] Actually I think the maids dress you wear usually would do just fine if you didn't want to make some thing out. In any case it looks just as good as a 20/30's dress when you're twirled. =D

Nina Star 9

i may not wear my maid one again. :D

will this work? sorry it is not a very good picture. >> the costume is the girl in the middle's.

Long

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"i may not wear my maid one again. :D

will this work? sorry it is not a very good picture. >> the costume is the girl in the middle's.
That would work. =D

Mainly the girls have a wider variety of clothing choices than the guys. All the flappers and vamps made sure of that. =]

Okach

A swing dance?  Cool.

Suggested night should be something other than opposite Der Cosplay (trust me, I know) :).

As for music, Mario & Zelda Big Band Live! is a fun CD filled with recognizable yet danceable music.  If you want to actually get authentic '20s style music, Mora's Modern Rhythmists is where it's at.

Good luck with it.  PM me if you'd like any help.
Staff Instructor since 2010. 
Staff Marketing Lead since 2018
Staff Marketing Second

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

likkyan

As far as music requests go...  how about some Sheena Ringo?  Or maybe even Swing Girls music...? (Hahaha, the Swing Girls cast singing LOVE (NKK) is so awesome!)
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

BunofGovt

Master of Mosquiton is set in the 1920's, for cosplaying.  Isn't Chrono Crusade also set in the 30's?  There must be other anime set in that time frame, so you may not be limited to maids or gothic.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Long

Okay, the dance will be set on the night which is not Der Cosplay >>, I don't what night that is however. o_o;;

I'll listen to some Sheena Ringo music and see if it would be suited. We're more or less looking for J-Rock/Pop, or anime music with a Boogie theme to it.

And costumes aren't limited to only gothic, maids, or such. In fact it's not necessary for you to be in costume at all, but it adds to the atmosphere and fun if you decide to. Be creative, express yourself, while attempting to maintain the motif. =]

Long

Great... >_> I'm now completely addicted to Shiina Ringo.

I'm placing "Honnou" on the list, if there's a better track that might fit with the Boogie theme, please reccomend it to me.

We still need more music peoples! x3 Also, I've decided to question... Should we host slow tracks as well as upbeat boogie ones?

Nemo

Masq is and im sure will always be Sunday night.

likkyan

Quote from: "Long"Great... >_> I'm now completely addicted to Shiina Ringo.

I'm placing "Honnou" on the list, if there's a better track that might fit with the Boogie theme, please reccomend it to me.
\o/  Hahaha.  Everyone bows down to the sexy way Sheena rolls her Rs.

I'll go through my Sheena music (I've got all her CDs) and see if I can suggest anything else.  :)
"Only in Europe can you suck down a fag and be gay, but not homosexual."

Nina Star 9

i have s song that i should send you. it is in a lounge-ish style. it is not the boogie-woogie stuff youa re looking for, but the best i can offer. :D

DayDreamerNessa

i'm totally up for this idea. i suggest friday or saturday night.

i like the idea of having it on friday, beacuse i tend to have nothing to do friday nights of conventions, saturdays are more eventful because more people are there on saturdays.

I think i'd prefer friday =)!

I don't have any music suggestions, as of right now, but i'd love to dress up in an original outfit!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Shinigami

YAY!! Chris is actually planning something that will actually work for once!!! Way to be a dreamer, Chris!

uh....by way, Club Suicide Club needs a bassist. lol.

Croquet

I have a CD filled with the generic, well-known swing dance songs like Zoot Suit Riot, and a whole bunch of others, but I don't know if that's what you guys were thinking of. I think my CD is more 40's, that's when swing got really big, didn't it? I don't know, but I'm all for the idea. Would we HAVE to dress up to attend?
Let's play
some Croquet!