4chan panel?

Started by Magical Senpai, November 16, 2005, 10:08:48 PM

Magical Senpai

For those of you who don't know, 4chan is an imageboard, with a huge community of posters. They have done panels at Otakon and Anime Weekend Atlanta and are doing one at AnimeUSA. It would be nice if we can host a panel at Fanime, as it would be their debut on the west coast. The idea has also been discussed here: http://dis.4chan.org/sug/#1132120495 (please ignore the retarded troll posts.)

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Richie Likes Maids"For those of you who don't know, 4chan is an imageboard, with a huge community of posters. They have done panels at Otakon and Anime Weekend Atlanta and are doing one at AnimeUSA. It would be nice if we can host a panel at Fanime, as it would be their debut on the west coast. The idea has also been discussed here: http://dis.4chan.org/sug/#1132120495 (please ignore the retarded troll posts.)

LOL Internet

That would be awesome if they came. I'll show up as Happy Negro for the event lol XD

Bring Moot here :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Nemo

oh my.  Is this a joke or a serious request to have a panel about/for them?

Croquet

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING! It would be awesome if they came! Let's do it, let's have a 4chan panel. But maybe it's just too...dangerous.
Let's play
some Croquet!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Croquet"THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING! It would be awesome if they came! Let's do it, let's have a 4chan panel. But maybe it's just too...dangerous.

I'm willing to become a host for the panel. We need a 4chan panel at Fanime hehehe :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I'll be damned if this actually happens. Its a great idea, but then, what about "content" control? I'm sure there are limits to everything, even as picture happy savvy as 4chan is...

Screw it - make a panel damnit!
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Croquet

Ok, it's obvious that a lot of people want this panel, I mean 4CHAN! Who wouldn't? But what if we just had a censored version of our friend 4chan? I mean come on guys, what's wrong with longcat? Or we could always have the panel at night and have certain age restrictions, but that isn't nessissary, I don't think. It depends, I suppose. I wouldn't mind helping out.
Let's play
some Croquet!

Nemo

to better understand this, you want a panel for a community of folks that post images ?  Then flame each other about the idiocy of everyone else's pictures?

Croquet

Yes.

And no. I mean....there's anime pictures too. And it's about sharing pictures, and being crazy, and having wild memes and inside jokes that only fellow 4Channers understand. But maybe fanime just isn't ready for 4chan.
Let's play
some Croquet!

dealerJason

What I saw was a bunch of guys calling each other names.  What would a 4Chan panel look like?

Keep in mind, this reminds me of Chang-o and his gang.  Why do I want a panel that insults fans at a place they want to feel safe?

Jason Ebner
Programming, FanimeCon 2006
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

neko ewen

Quote from: "dealerJason"What I saw was a bunch of guys calling each other names.  What would a 4Chan panel look like?
If you're really curious, there's a video of the AnimeUSA 4chan panel floating around the net...
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Blues

I say that if it were to truely be a 4-chan panel, you'd set up a huge router for everyone to hook their computer up to, and connect that to a projector that would display random images that people would submit, followed by people commenting on it out loud. It'd be a crazy and ludicrously fast paced as 4-chan, but live.

The only problem there is you can't make typos out loud...

"Do a flip!"

DJ Saturn

Quote from: "Blues"I say that if it were to truely be a 4-chan panel, you'd set up a huge router for everyone to hook their computer up to, and connect that to a projector that would display random images that people would submit, followed by people commenting on it out loud. It'd be a crazy and ludicrously fast paced as 4-chan, but live.

The only problem there is you can't make typos out loud...

Thus it won't be as funny. :(

I have this mental image of everyone at the 4Chan panel just up and raiding other panels and spaming them with random crap. XD In true 4Chan fashion
Fly so High...

I'm gonna touch the sky..

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Richie Likes Maids"For those of you who don't know, 4chan is an imageboard, with a huge community of posters. They have done panels at Otakon and Anime Weekend Atlanta and are doing one at AnimeUSA. It would be nice if we can host a panel at Fanime, as it would be their debut on the west coast. The idea has also been discussed here: http://dis.4chan.org/sug/#1132120495 (please ignore the retarded troll posts.)

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Khaistyle

For this panel to happen, we will need to DONATE TO 4CHAN.

Who's with me?
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

~~Loktera~~

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

caelque

Fanime needs more 4chan

lyricaldanichan

voted YES

We need 4chan panel! even better if there is a panel with 4chan vs gaiaonline! OOOOOOHH!H!! :twisted:

dealerJason

I still don't see anything that 4-Chan has to offer.  I mean, besides alot of people calling each other names, what else is it?  

Gaia Online has alot more to offer its people.  I don't see a need for 4Chan from what I have seen.

Anything else out there to convice me.  Keep in mind, people insulting each other really does not do it for me.

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
LP organizer
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

creme

4chan gave birth to all the best memes ever. No one is aloud to badmouth 4chan or say it has nothing to offer if they have ever said "ORLY"/"YARLY" or even chuckled at it, because that was a 4chan creation. :) 4chan is a lot of good fun, some con last year(THE NAME ESCAPES ME) had a 4chan panel, which is more of a meeting sort of thing of fellow 4channers to go to. It's not like it would be an informative panel really, more like a meeting to be silly and meet other pervy 4chan go-ers.

It's been a while since I was knowledgable about the whole fanime thing, so I don't remember if meetups were something completely seperate from panels. A meetup is what I'm talking about, but 4chan really has nothing to share as a panel other than "donate2 4chan, moar /s/ 4 u". If moot and other 4channers would be willing to come, it would be a neat meetup.