Bring a deck to con?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
No
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: December 15, 2005, 08:49:20 PM

Zekke

is anyone who plays the Yugioh card game gonna bring a deck to the con? I've been kinda bored lately, one store i go to doesnt hold tournies any more, and i really want to test my deck(s). any one up for a game?

Jyunishinsho

I a tabletop gaming staff member. If you wish me to, I can host a tournament for YuGiOh at the con.

-I never touched my decks since Fanime 05. I still like my cards, so I guess I'll give it a go.
--Very strict basics player, but enjoys finding small combinations to work with...

Knightfire

I'll try to get back in the TCG loop again, it's been so long...
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Zekke

it'd be sweet to have a tourny at the con, but what if people dont bring decks? it would be kinda lame to have a tourny with only 3 people.

ced1106

Bring your YGO and MtG decks to the con.

At Fanime 2005, we had two unofficial (?) YGO tournies by Team Flex. MtG players were playing pickup games throughout the con, and we had an unofficial MtG tourney by SoyGirl.

If anyone *really* wants an official YGO (or other collectable game) tournament, contact [email protected]. Essentially, you'll be volunteering to contact the company to bring someone to run the event, become an official volunteer who runs event, or run an unofficial event, or whatever you work out with the company. Do some research on the company's website and let us know what it would take to get the event going!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Tabletop Gaming Staff
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Moogleborg

My Dark Magician deck is ready! ^_^ I'll bring my deck at Fanime for sure! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Zekke

Ska_Kitti

http://www.yugiodrealms.com , Zekke. :]

I'll probably bring my coveted "Farm Deck" with me since myself as well as Team Flex hosts the room as GMs. Myself as well as some others are bringing their YGO decks.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Zekke

i cant see that site, it says page cannot be displayed.

i dunno, i need to fix up my Ultimate Dragon deck, I suck at building decks. i might try to make a warrior deck, but all i got now is my Dragon deck, and its not very good... :oops:  :(

hojo

Ohh I will bring my deck, I havent use it in a long time, its a  random thing I have got going, but some of my cards are messed up since i never bothered to buy a protective case or seals for the cards

Blues

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"I a tabletop gaming staff member. If you wish me to, I can host a tournament for YuGiOh at the con.

-I never touched my decks since Fanime 05. I still like my cards, so I guess I'll give it a go.
--Very strict basics player, but enjoys finding small combinations to work with...

You better make it manditory that each player describe each play in excruciating detail, and scream things like "YOUR MOVE!" at the end of each turn, or I'll hate you forever.

"Do a flip!"

Zekke

do people play with the like extreme rules, like you cant use "Pot of Greed" b/c its in the "Forbidden" list?

Bankai_Devil

man it's been so long since i've played i guess i can open the boxes and find my old fiend deck. it would be cool to finally play again

Master Axel

i can bring my deck if i remember i dont know wat it will be by con
go now it is time for you to give me a good show

hojo

whats the condition is your deck sopose to be, my deck is old and is in real bad shape

Oniko

I'll bring my deck, I havnt played in about half a year though cause of the ban list.  My deck probably has a lot of holes in it cause ever snice the top 10 lists (that ruined the game in my opinion) I havnt kept up with new cards.

Edit: At the store I play at we have 2 tournies at the same time.  One for "advanced", which is the current rules and one for "traditional" which is before the top 10 list (can play Pot, Imperial, Rai, etc) but still has the limits on Chaos
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Blues

You know, I don't even play the game, and that pisses me off.  If they make the card, you should be able to use the card...

"Do a flip!"

Evangelion Xgouki

I only have 2 of my 6 decks with me in my dorm room  :? .  They haven't been updated to the latest JAP/US Ban Lists yet (though that's mostly Raise Dead and Lightning Bolt, though i gotta check if Lightning Bolt is in these decks...).  I got my Tormenting Waters and Hell decks.  The only other issue with them is that they're Japanese constructed, and I have encountered a lot of issues with people who really, really hate Japanese cards/users.  If Japanese cards are ok, I can consider bringing them with me to the con.

Zekke

i have no problem with people using banned cards, i have some in my deck, but i dunno about japanese cards....

Evangelion Xgouki

Well, if people don't like the sue of the original Japanese cards, I won't duel with them (but then that means I won't be dueling at all  :? ).  Out of curiousity, what's wrong with them?  I mean, the US release cards are altered copies of them, right (by altered, I mean not kept the same, like the Black Magician family name change and picture edits)?