The Unofficial E-Gaming 2006 Tournaments Thread

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, January 15, 2006, 01:50:42 PM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I've decided its time to release some level of info about the upcoming tournaments we will have having. Remember, none of this is official until we say it is. We are doing this thread to see what's "hot" out there and prepare prizes accordingly. Also, this thread is also here to discuss possible tournament styles/rules, so we can keep everything within one thread if possible.

The following list is what have either considered or require a interest check:

Console Tourny's

Soul Calibur 3 (US PS2)
Naruto GNT 4 (US or Import GC)
Halo 2 (US XBOX1)?
Super Smash Brothers Melee (US GC)
Guility Gear X2 #Reload (XBOX, with the possiblity of XBOX -> PS2 converters)

PC Section Tourny's

None at this time, because of site license requirements. However, we do have a "list"

Warcraft III with Frozen Throne
-A possible DoTA map tournament as well, if we think this is possible.

Handheld PSP/DS Tourny's

Need some suggestions =)

Need a interest gauge check

Tekken 5 (US PS2, just checking to make sure)
Guitar Hero (PS2, need more info)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (XBOX360 most likely)

-----------

Note: The following above will require additional consoles and copies of the said games. Please send any loan/donations proposals to [email protected] OR via Forum PM. Anything loaned to us is subject to approval first by me (Chito aka Umi) or my second Brad, and also upon given to us at the con, you will be required to sign a loan/donation waiver.

If we are missing something from the list, let us know!
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Emerge

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Guility Gear Isuka (could be the wrong one we're looking at) (XBOX, with the possiblity of XBOX -> PS2 converters)

yea, this is the one that (most) people didn't want. Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is the better one for the XBOX. as for "Slash", a U.S. console release is highly unlikely before the con, if at all

Knightfire

Starting work for Fanime 2011

Jyunishinsho

I give a thumbs up for the Tekken 5 tournament, but I'd like to play GGX2/Reload than Isuka.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Fixed the Guility Gear game....I knew the name wasnt right, but wasnt totally sure about it.

Tekken 5 is in our lists, but for some reason I just dont see the interests as much like last year. I must of been asking the wrong people...
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

ZETA SHINTANi

SSBM AND TEKKEN 5 APPROVAL!!!!!  :!:  :!:  :!:

Oh yeah, and SC3 too. Is it really confirmed that it's gonna be SC3 and not 2?

LET'S HUMAN SEQUENCER THIS SH!T!!

Logik

Right now I'd be interested in tournaments for SC3, GGXX #R, and...well that's it. T5 I'm not so interested in right now. Still waiting for either 5.1 or DR for console, most likely DR if it becomes a console release. Also for future reference, provided the site license requirements get settled and whatnot, I'd be interested in UT2k4 and Starcraft:BW for PC tourneys.
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden

Sunara Ishi

I'm interested in the SC3 and SSMB touneys...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Umi.Ryuuzaki

E-gaming email is up...

QuoteNote: The following above will require additional consoles and copies of the said games. Please send any loan/donations proposals to [email protected] OR via Forum PM. Anything loaned to us is subject to approval first by me (Chito aka Umi) or my second Brad, and also upon given to us at the con, you will be required to sign a loan/donation waiver.

I've also adjusted the list accordingly with some updates.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Ohsu

俺の名を言ってみろ!

thayle

It would be cool if you guys had Halo 2. And maybe Counter-Strike for PC Gaming.

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

Khaistyle

What do people think about bemani console gaming in tournaments? I propose we can do un-official tourneys for:

- Beatmania IIDX (JP ver PLEASE not the soon-to-be-released US ver)
- Pop'n Music Iroha (comes out in march)
- DDR: Strike (ships in two weeks)
- Karaoke Revolution: Anime Songs Collection (cmon' you know you would)
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Khaistyle"What do people think about bemani console gaming in tournaments? I propose we can do un-official tourneys for:

- Beatmania IIDX (JP ver PLEASE not the soon-to-be-released US ver)
- Pop'n Music Iroha (comes out in march)
- DDR: Strike (ships in two weeks)

1. 10th Style.
2. Yes.
3. Isn't Str!ke more or less the Japanese version of EX2?
4. Isn't Karaoke Revolution JP way different than the american version?
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Khaistyle"
that might be fun. ^.^
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

jindo

Anyone interested in Neo Battle Coliseum & Samurai Spirits Tenka match?  :D
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "jindo"Anyone interested in Neo Battle Coliseum & Samurai Spirits Tenka match?  :D
I'd be willing to play either.  Currently, I'm better at NGBC, but by the time the con rolls around, I'll be much stronger at Tenka.  And I don't care what anyone thinks, I'll make Nako a winner.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "jindo"Anyone interested in Neo Battle Coliseum & Samurai Spirits Tenka match?  :D
sure. I'll have to brush up on my characters... >.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

jindo

Iroha is my new boobalicious character in SST.  :P
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

Spiritsnare

Meanwhile, is anyone interested in a Tetris Attack (Nintendo Puzzle Collection Panel de Pon) tournament? Stage Clear, 4P at a time to speed things up, everyone set at 10 lines?
epic progressive

vox