Who's going and Who as (with Gatherings List) [2006]

Started by BSaphire, February 12, 2006, 02:05:04 PM

Earthbounder

My list isn't anything too long, just working on what I (hopefully) can finish by Fanime.

Maes Hughes ~ FMA
Captain Smoker ~ One Piece
Ise Nanao (Crossplay) ~ Bleach
Costumes Planned for Fanime
Kurosaki Isshin (Bleach) - 90%
Smoker (One Piece) - 95%
Maes Hughes (FMA) - 98%

Touya no Miko

Hopefully I'll be able to wear all of these.

Visual kei(No band in paticular, just random)
Anko Mitarashii from Naruto
L from Death Note.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

hellangel

Okay! The Fullmetal Alchemist group would like to take the time slot on Saturday at 11 AM. We'll be meeting in the lobby of the con center (aka first floor front entrance).
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Sucrose

I know I've put my modest little list here on the forum somewhere, but I don't think it was in this thread...and in any case, I've altered my list since then. So!

Mew/Bis - Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio
Saki Hanajima - Fruits Basket (dress from Vol. 9)
Ban Mido - GetBackers

As well, I will be one of two banner-carriers for the Day-Glo Avenger (my friend Lactose) somewhere inside everything else. (And if my friend Fructose and I get bored, we'll rough up our GetBackers outfits for Battle-Torn Ban and Akabane, since people liked our Battle-Torn PowerPuff Girls so much last year. ^___^ )
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

sharingannosasuke

i'm going as sasuke.. again... all weekend... i'll shower!
feh.. nani wo mitsumeteiru darou

Yukari Kaiba

im planning on cosplaying as:
-Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
-Abarai Renji (Bleach)
-Tifa (FFVII Advent Children, maybe)

im hoping the Bleach and Naruto gatherings arent on the same day because i dont think i could choose which one to go to if i had to decide ><
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

~~Loktera~~

Well... thinking this over...

1) Howl (Howls Moving Castle)
2) Ken (Street Fighter 2)
3) Kayako (Ju-On: The Grudge){Crossplay}
4) Bayman (Dead or Alive){Budget Permitting}
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Evangelion Xgouki

With my current cosplay project looking good for completion by Fanime '06, my line-up looks like:

Kurogane w/ White Dragon(Tsubasa Chronicle)
Assassin w/ Katars(Ragnarok Online)
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Seto Kaiba, Batttle City (YuGiOh: Duel Monsters)

The Roy and Seto ones I haven't really decided if I'm going to be using both or not (depends on which I decide to use for Friday and if I cosplay Monday or not).  I'm just REALLY, REALLY hoping that the Ragnarok Online and Tsubasa Chronicle gathering aren't on the same day  :lol: .

Madison

Heya! My names Madison, I'm new here... And to the world of cosplaying, to be truthful. Fanime will be my first cosplay EVER! *dances* I'm so excited I can barely stand it! I can only go for one day during the weekend though, what day should I go? Anyone know if one day is better to wander around in costume, shopping, taking pictures, ect? Saturdays are always the best... But it wouldnt be the end of the world if I switched my work shift from sunday to saturday. blah.

Anywho, I'm going as a Gothic Lolita. I think lolita costumes are GORGEOUS! I only have my shirt so far, but I have all my ideas sorted out, I'm just trying to find good stuff and a good price... Ebay is my savior, x.X' . Im actually going with my girlfriend, Jill, and we are going to be Fanime's (soon to be famous, mind you!) Lesbian Lolitas! WOOT. Should be fun. I'm sure many people will want our picture ;) not that we mind in the slightest. Camera whoring is our specialty. Muahahaha. If anyone has some lolita stuff they want to sell, or knows a good place to get some stuff (or to get materials to make something) please let me know!
xoxo
AIM: SharpieSnifferUM
email: [email protected]
While other little girls wanted to be
ballet dancers
I kinda wanted to be a
vampire

SweetNiar

last year was my first convention ever :D  and i think the best day you should go is Sunday....there will be a few gatherings then and you get to catch Der Cosplay! Which I had a blast watching last year :D

Madison

Good to know! So more people come on Sunday, and theres more cosplay stuff going on, eh?
ballet dancers
I kinda wanted to be a
vampire

SweetNiar

well i dont know about that, i didnt get to do a whole lot when i went last year so i can say for sure, but most people are going to be coming at least on Friday, except maybe a few pre-registered people coming on thursday for some events for them.  I would say if they dont come Friday it would be Saturday.

Madison

saturday is always better for me to do stuff, personally, because i have work from 9-5:30 usually on sunday. but i could always switch it to saturday that weekend. i'll wait and see what some other people think, if i should come on saturday or sunday. I just want to cruise around with my friends in costume, take pictures, buy some stuff, and make a bunch of new friends!  :D
ballet dancers
I kinda wanted to be a
vampire

Madison

p.s. here's a picture of the only stuff i have for the costume so far... the shirt, and skirt.
XD HAHAHAHAHA wow. yeah. im prepared. and my gf jill doesnt have anything yet. but we're starting to rush. I know what I need, I'm just trying to find the stuff at a reasonable price... *dies* which is hard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/QTegal2002/cosplay004.jpg
ballet dancers
I kinda wanted to be a
vampire

hellangel

i'll be looking forward to meeting you, Madison ^__^
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

BSaphire

The Gathering list on the first page has been updated. If a TBA is next to your gathering please let me know that info as soon as possible. Thanks....

Quote from: "sharingannosasuke"i'm going as sasuke.. again... all weekend... i'll shower!

I hope to see you and snap a pic or two... oh and thanks for showering...  and thanks for showering ^^)

Welcome Madison!!! If you can only come one day I would also recommend either Saturday or Sunday. Look at what you would like to do and then pick the day to attend. Last year they moved the Cosplay/Masqurade to Sunday and the year before they had a concert on Sunday. That doesn't mean that you should just choose Sunday. Last year if you wanted to be in the Cosplay/Masq. then you needed to attend the Saturday meeting and rehersal was Sunday morning. There is so much to do that only one day is never enough time to do it all. If some how you could swing Saturday & Sunday then I think you would have the most fun. I hope that this helps and I look forward to seeing you there!

SweetNair, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to do a whole lot last year, but hopefully you get to make up for it this year ^^) cause it looks like it will be packed with stuff!!!

Till we meet.....

Anime Corrupt wishes & Deviant Cosplay dreams!!!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

SweetNiar

Quote from: "BSaphire"
SweetNair, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get to do a whole lot last year, but hopefully you get to make up for it this year ^^) cause it looks like it will be packed with stuff!!!

Oh I shall! :D Im going to be there for the whole weekend this time

misfits_cure

:3

Madison

=^.^= thanks everyone for being so nice! I can't wait to meet everyone!
Well, correct me if I'm wrong (since i prob am... hahaha) but isnt the masq. like a show, and people go up on stage and stuff? I wouldnt want to do that I dont think... Just show off the costumes while wandering around buying every random thing I can afford and taking pictures. :D
ballet dancers
I kinda wanted to be a
vampire

SweetNiar