Artist Alley 2006?

Started by ritsuko, February 16, 2006, 11:13:52 AM

ritsuko

I'm sorry, but I've looked everywhere for any info on this years AA. . . can someone tell me who to go to to get a contract again? I tried emailing last years coordinator, but never got a reply. . .

Thank you!

Ritsuko

yOna

same here... i've contacted the e-mail listed from last year and my friend has been calling the guy and she's had no luck. i'd like to know when sign ups for artist's row starts please.
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff

FiliKlepto

Here's the news so far on getting a table: http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=92421&highlight=#92421

The form for applying and paying hasn't been added to the website yet.  Artist's Alley has been moved from the concourse into an exhibit hall, and it's $5 a table this year (so that no one can steal it from you, saying that you have no claim on it).
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

Aarolye

some of the links aren't working..

and i haven't been able to reach the guy for a long time. anyone have the stats on artist alley?
Registration Staff

Tony

I'm working on getting it going through PayPal, like registration. I'll have more information Sunday.

Sorry for all of the delays!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

ritsu

i really need a reply like asap. i'm getting really fustrated about artists alley this year. and i need answers to my problems and possible other artists out there owo;;

You have to be 18 to get a sellers permit right? But what if we're under 18? Is it ok if we get our parents to fill it out for us? Will I be able to get a table with a permit under my parent's name? T____T;;;

Tony

Err, well seeing as how you have to sign a contract in order to get a table, you'll probably have to go through your parents/guardian anyhow... assuming that's allowed...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

ritsu

: OO what do you mean by sign a contract? i applied for a table already~ XD;.

but the permit... is it really ok for my parents to handle it? I want to be 120% sure >3<;;

ip136

Quick question for Aritst Row stuff!

We're asked to get a seller's permit, but my question is that since we are making our own things.. will we also require a Business permit? I know that a Seller's permit doesn't cost anything (i have mine now.. do I just email the number for now or just send out a copy of it?), but a Business permit does.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

neoramen

whoah, ya have to have a permit to sell stuff now, and it will be reloated to a specific hall? :(  *misses the days of when the artists row was right in front of the dealers room and didnt require much to sign up*

ip136

Quote from: "neoramen"whoah, ya have to have a permit to sell stuff now, and it will be reloated to a specific hall? :(  *misses the days of when the artists row was right in front of the dealers room and didnt require much to sign up*

O_O Ohmigawd!!! Ze Pockybot man! *waves her arms frantically in a fangirl fashion* ahem..

I don't mind having to get a seller's permit. ^^ It makes your business a bit more legit. The only thing that really sucks though is that we have to get (well at least the lady at the office told me I had to get) a resale permit, which means you have to pay tax on everything you sell.. That is to say, perhaps you won't write down everything you sell if you are doing $3 commision things.. But as for me I'll be selling custom made lolita crowns and jewelry.. so I don't really feel too about having to charge like.. 75 cents or so on a crown. :\ All my prices will just include tax

F.Y.I. people.. legally, if you are going to have the buyer pay the tax on an item, you've got to make sure to inform the customer that they are, and how they are. I was talking to the Junior accountant at my workplace and she said the boards are usually sticklers about it. *nods* Just either put a sign that says 'tax included' or when making a reciept have a section that shows the tax...
unless.. you know, you want to eat it and bother with it later. :x
Clicky my Art Pwease?

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "neoramen"whoah, ya have to have a permit to sell stuff now, and it will be reloated to a specific hall? :(  *misses the days of when the artists row was right in front of the dealers room and didnt require much to sign up*

I TOTALLY agree with you, I understand about a price implement, but moving it to a seperate room?

I didn't feel pressured to look at people's artwork when it was setup in front of the dealers room I liked the casual nature of the artist alley, and is the major reason why I wanted a table, unfortunately now that it will be put into an exhibition hall I have no interest, to me it's sad, because it made fanime unique to me.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

octbunny99

Konnichiwa (^-^)/

Hopefully someone can help me ^^  I'm looking for a fabulous stamp carver artist that was in Artist Alley 2006.  She would carve big stamp scenes of the bunny from chobits and the zodiac animals going to the party from fruits basket then make ink prints of em. I had her card, but lost it T-T... I'd appreciate any info(name, webbysite, etc.)  I wish there was a listing of all the Artists that were in the Artist Alley 2006 doh.  Doomo.