cheap hotel?

Started by swordman85, February 20, 2006, 10:56:17 PM

KillBrianne

We kind of seriously overcrowded some rooms last year. (One room got to maybe 8 people for a one-bed).  :roll: But we'd paid for four rooms, just everyone chose to congregate to only two of them.

The hotel didn't seem to care too much and offered roll-away beds. Doubt that will always be the case, though.

Two ways to get them to not freak out as much:

1. Be quiet and respectful. You're putting the comfort of a lot of people who are following the rules at risk, especially with the noise. Angry people will make an angry hotel staff.

2. Keep the place clean. Seriously...there is no reason to trash a room. This means personal belongings being kept clean and in order.

3. This is just a personal thought, but I would refrain from asking for extra things like a lot of towels or blankets. Bring them with you if you can.

The less they have to act like they are accomodating more people, the less they may care about it.

Not_A_Shrimp

Where can i get cheap hotel rates for rooms at fanime-con for year 2007 con?. does anyone know? where trying to shedule it for our schools anime club for a stay there....
Your avatar and signature were too big. Please read the avatar/sig guidelines.

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"
Quote from: "Tony"This is not official word. Only Craige's word matters. His is the voice of GOD. ...in terms of hotels.

Hotel prices will probably be the same, or close to, 2006 prices. We will have the hotel reservation site ready to go within the next three months, if not sooner...

Thanks Tony... LOL!!!

Okay, the rates next year will be going up and down, counting on what you are looking for...

Double/Double rooms will be going up at the Hilton and Marriott.  Hilton will now start at $109 for a double/double, doesn't matter if it is for one or four bodies, the same price.  Marriott will be doing the same pricing, only they will be starting at $119 per room.

King rooms for both hotels will be decreasing to $85 per night.

Crowne and St Claire prices have not been agreed upon yet, but we are working on it.

Craige...

You didn't hear any of this from me =D!

I'm pretty sure it's subject to change... As far as I'm concerned, it seems like the upper management staff is still straightening out the stuff for next year's Fanime.

Asa_Gohan

hmm...you could do this since the con is months away...
1) get a part time job
2)make sure you save the money
3)???????
4)Profit!

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Pretear2004

Honestly, its amazing how many people you can fit in 1 room. When I went to JTAF4 (few days ago), we booked 1 room for 3 nights and it was $100 a person and we had 7 people in the room. Even if you bring too many people, hotels a lot of times don't ask because they don't really know because a lot of people are bringing like 2-3 vehicles, but they all have different rooms. Just keep things nice and not too messy, and you'll be fine. Basically, just don't look like your hiding something.  8)

Pickt J00

Would it be alright if you roomed with two middle-schoolers, two sophomores and possibly one junior? We promise we won't try anything funny. And we've got money. But.. not a lot.. >>;;

[size=11]Are you ready for this?[/size]

Pretear2004

I wouldn't see anything wrong with that then. Well...just as long as you know them and trust them. The hotel...really just do research. If you want cheap, it'd look around San Jose, but you if want convenience and pay a little extra each day, I'd book for the at the Convention hotels.

Pickt J00

If they agree, we could work that out. xP

Pretear2004

It was already hard enough for a 1 bedroom and trying to book 7 people in. More than likely you guys will be okay, have fun fighting for the bed though!  8)

Pickt J00

LOL. I can take the floor. [:

Pretear2004

No...no...you gotta fight for the closet and the bathroom ^.^

Pickt J00

I will fight for the closet then! It's dark. And has stuff in it.

Sucrose

I know I'll be fighting for my right to party--I mean, sleep in the tub.

Actually, it'll be nice this year since I think we'll only be sharing our room between four or five people. Plenty of room compared with years past!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

Pretear2004

Better than mine, I'd be looking between 7-9 people....  last time I barely had room to walk on....   :?

thebrain2u

We had 12 in our room last year. Let's just say, we didn't have room to do anything, at all.

Pretear2004

:shock: I would've gotten 2 rooms then. Forget that! There's no way I'd be able to sleep.

XpHoBiaX

or fix all problems by staying at a friends' house down the street. lmfao! Campout in the backyard! wooT! actually, i've done that at '05....I'll never do that again. lol

Didn't some people just sleep in the halls last time? XD I heard rumors.

MonkeyRikku

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~More stuff from previous experience.

People can sleep anywhere in the room.
1) The spaces between the two beds.
2) The spaces between the wall and the beds.
3) The feet of the bed.
4) The closet.
5) The bathtub (Alot comfier than it sounds)
6) You can easily fit 3 people per bed if necessary...

ah, you forgot the seemingly useless part of the room like a mini hallway! we had two eople sleeping there, and the area in front of the bathroom. Someone even slept under the desk/table thing.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

AbsolutelyCursed

I slept between the feet of the bed and the desk -- that was the only unoccupied place my airbed could fit.

MonkeyRikku

I only wish some of our people had been smart enough to bring airbeds. We basicly just had the staff bring extra blankets up while everyone was away.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.