Here is a list of the ARCADE Games for FanimeCon

Started by PassingTheBuck, March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

The ACRADE games listed, rate the WHOLE list on a scale of one (hate them) to five (love them):

One (This is the worst selection possible):
0 (0%)
Two (This selection is only barely worth my time):
2 (5.6%)
Three (Only half of this selection is worth playing):
8 (22.2%)
Four (The majority of this selection is worth playing):
19 (52.8%)
Five (I don't know where to begin playing!!!):
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

Spiritsnare

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

If they're not using SVGL, you should stay quiet.

You should note that it does say IF IT RELEASES BY FANIME. And since Supernova is a global release with North America up first, the arcade will most likely have two of these cabs around.
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

HentaiTentacleDemon

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"
Fighting Games:
* Guilty Gear XX Slash
* Soul Calibur 3 (if release by then)
* King of Fighters XI
* Marvel vs. Capcom 2
* Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
* Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike
* Capcom vs SNK 2
wow u got all of the major fighting games. i'm sure this will attract a lot of people from www.Shoryuken.com .

Tony

Sure, why not? If I bought the game and rented it out to Fanime, then theoretically:

1. It would be available 24 hours for revenue and
2. I wouldn't be liable if it got trashed.

No worries about logistics, liability, staffing, noise, etc... pure profit.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

Where do you think Craige got that list from? -.- If the arcade says they're going to be able to get it, they're not fooling around. They could have as easily not lent *any* games to us.

And if I recall correctly, the contractor for the Fanime arcades this year isn't Golfland, but rather that OnCampus Entertainment company, which specializes in outsourcing their arcade machines to make a profit.
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

I like to remain optimistic in the way that If Supernova isn't there, at least we'll have an Extreme. Either one's fine with me. Not to mention that the Spring '06 street date for Supernova perfectly coincides with Fanime, which is more or less in that transition between spring and summer.
epic progressive

vox

M

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I like to remain optimistic in the way that If Supernova isn't there, at least we'll have an Extreme. Either one's fine with me. Not to mention that the Spring '06 street date for Supernova perfectly coincides with Fanime, which is more or less in that transition between spring and summer.
If Fanime gets it, it'll be very last minute.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Sora

I have so got to go to the game room this year.
"Don't give me any orders."

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I like to remain optimistic in the way that If Supernova isn't there, at least we'll have an Extreme. Either one's fine with me. Not to mention that the Spring '06 street date for Supernova perfectly coincides with Fanime, which is more or less in that transition between spring and summer.
If Fanime gets it, it'll be very last minute.

Is that a hint? ;)
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

Thus my saying "Is that a hint [about its release date?]"
epic progressive

vox

Nanashi

Reading that GGXXSlash is gonna be there made my day  :D
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

fullmetalneko

I'm kind of sad no Dolphin Blue this year XD   I love that game.
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "fullmetalneko"I'm kind of sad no Dolphin Blue this year XD   I love that game.
Dolphin Blue?! god that game was awesome! i must have plunked at least 5 bucks into that machine last year. i seriouslly could not remember the name of that game until now. i wanna see that again this year. pretty please, with a cherry on top?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

HentaiTentacleDemon

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"And if I recall correctly, the contractor for the Fanime arcades this year isn't Golfland, but rather that OnCampus Entertainment company, which specializes in outsourcing their arcade machines to make a profit.
YES! finally! i've been pushing for that company for like a year. they used to provide games for Evolution, the U.S. Street Fighter Championship tournament. If they can provide games for Evo, then providing games for an anime convention should be a piece of cake for them.

~~Loktera~~

No House of the Dead, but there is redemption value in Ghost Squad (My personal favorite in the game in the genre)
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

zoupzuop2

Ooh! The music game section is doin' good! I might have to try Pop'n or something!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

deepbluevibes