Masquerade Online Registration *CLOSED*

Started by angeljibrille, March 31, 2006, 09:48:24 PM

Velvy

I've tried registering (this was last week) and I have yet to receive any confirmation email. Tried logging in too and that didn't work. So I'm wondering what's up, cause I'm likely to lose a place in the masquerade unless someone registers me soon.

EDIT: I changed my email address and registered. =) Who do we email to ask questions about the masquerade to?

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Velvy"I've tried registering (this was last week) and I have yet to receive any confirmation email. Tried logging in too and that didn't work. So I'm wondering what's up, cause I'm likely to lose a place in the masquerade unless someone registers me soon.

EDIT: I changed my email address and registered. =) Who do we email to ask questions about the masquerade to?

Yeah, I bet you originally registered with AOL? We seem to be having problems with AOL blocking our e-mails, sorry :(

You want to e-mail me at [email protected]  or PM me and I can answer any questions.

Thanks!
Marisa
Fanime Masquerade Coordinator

Nina Star 9

i have a question about the music- will there be vocal dampening if we request it, or will we have to provide our own vocal-free version? and there will be mics, right?

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"i have a question about the music- will there be vocal dampening if we request it, or will we have to provide our own vocal-free version? and there will be mics, right?

You will DEFINITELY need to dampen your own music in the spots that you plan on speaking if you want to use the mics. That's not something we are equipped to handle for you; you have to do it yourself.

You basically have a 3-minute (max) track. The tech staff will play that track until it ends (unless you specifiy to have it stop when you walk off the stage). So, if you plan on music, speech, music, etc., you need to put those "gaps" in your skit. Timing is very important and you should probably practice to make sure you get your cues timed. We also have the optional reherasal on Sunday, so if you really want to run through the skit we can help you with that.

Our staff can offer limited help with setting up the music the way you want it, but sadly our regular music guy couldn't make it up to the convention this time around, so we are going to leave more of the special needs up to you.

CoolEdit used to be our sound mixer of choice, but since it was bought out by Adobe it's now $$$$.

I've had people suggest the following alternative to me:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

It works on various OS (PC, Mac, Linux), so it's nice.

Feel free to post other alternatives...

Marisa

swordman85

I registered for the masqurade and said I wanted to be judged on craftsmanship but now I think I've decided I just want to be judged on performance and was wondering if there's anyway to change that?  I was also wondering if it would be ok if when I cosplayed I could just say the lines instead of having them recorded.  I feel it would be better for my performance since that would be the bulk of it.

DayDreamerNessa

I noticed that the masquerade list of registered groups has changed in the order of when people have signed up. Will that be the line-up for the masquerade then; and not go alphabetically?

Just cruious ~
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

angeljibrille

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"I noticed that the masquerade list of registered groups has changed in the order of when people have signed up. Will that be the line-up for the masquerade then; and not go alphabetically?

Just cruious ~

Actually, I just fixed it because it was sorting alphabetically -- instead of by who signed up when. Obviously the first 50 groups who signed up are guaranteed a space on the list, but because it was sorting the entries alphabetically it made some people look like they were in the top 50 even though they were not. The next 5 groups (51 - 55) have an extremely good chance (99% likely), 56 - 60 have a resonably good chance, and 61+ it's "maybe".

These are NOT the numbers you will be in at-con. We put people in the following order:
1. Large / Unwieldy costumes
2. Kids (14 and under)
3. People who need to go early for various reasons (health, schedule, etc.)
4. Everyone else

Generally the first 10 spots are reserved for 1, 2, & 3. Category 4,  "everyone else", is assigned as they check in. So, if you are the first group to check in you will probably be Group 11.

Unless you tell me in advance [TELL ME ASAP! ^_^ ] that you have a Large/Unwieldy costume and/or health/other issues, it's going to be difficult to get one of those first 10 spots because they go fast!

Thanks,
Marisa