Airsoft or Laser-Tag Events?

Started by ~~Loktera~~, April 16, 2006, 01:53:50 PM

sunrise-oasis

good idea: shooting people

bad idea: NOT many will  be wearing protective things precisely. some users will cheat and use metallic pebbles, Hotel management will not allowed any event to have that!, Con ops has a huge stright policy regarding about weapons! (even if they are selling, i recalled that they can not be used ).

Tur713

Good idea: Bringing excellent points to a discussion and defining them clearly.

Bad idea: Resurrecting a thread way over a year old.

THREAD CLOSED.

(I can't close it, but that would be totally sweet.)
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

heeroyuy135

I think if there's a third party that is running the event (such as one of the fields in the area), then only then it would work. Using existing staff to staff such an event is dangerous and a bad idea.

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: Tur713 on January 18, 2008, 02:52:33 PM

THREAD CLOSED.

your not a moderator and I know you never will!!! I just open this to make a point about airsoft weapons..... I don't care if this was one year old. Moderators should delete posts instead of locking this!

lol..bubbleman XD (4th coolest guy of rockman)

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Tur713 on January 18, 2008, 02:52:33 PM

THREAD CLOSED.

Actually. It's kinda nice to see this thread up. Gives people ideas for the next con without having to create a new thread. I'll probably edit the first post (if I can) to reflect the current course of conversation.

Okay? ^_^
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Tur713

Sorry about that last post guys. I donno, it was a mixture of some humor and megalomania combined. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. Anyhow, I too would still like to see something like this going on, if not directly at Fanime (which, as has been stated, is highly unlikely due to liability issues) then possibly at a nearby park or something. (i'm more of a Nerf person myself, but I'm sure someone could figure out something.)

Yeah, I started using Bubbleman as my avi for different forums and places a couple of years ago. There's just something about an evil robot who throws bubbles at you thank makes me giggle.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Tur713 on January 20, 2008, 08:24:10 PM
Sorry about that last post guys. I donno, it was a mixture of some humor and megalomania combined. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. Anyhow, I too would still like to see something like this going on, if not directly at Fanime (which, as has been stated, is highly unlikely due to liability issues) then possibly at a nearby park or something. (i'm more of a Nerf person myself, but I'm sure someone could figure out something.)

Yeah, I started using Bubbleman as my avi for different forums and places a couple of years ago. There's just something about an evil robot who throws bubbles at you thank makes me giggle.

No worries, you apoligized. That's cool. Alot better than some other people on the forums. But I forget which year had the Laser Tag, I know it was when the con was back at the Santa Clara Convention Center.

I'm sure there was some liablilities, but if anyone experienced that, please let me know. I'd like to know how to possibly set that up.

Tur713

That could work two different ways.

1. We find a nearby laser tag place and mosey on down there.

2. We all find and purchase a compatable laser tag system and play at the convention center.

The second has got to be the safest combat game brought up so far seeing as there is absolutely no physical contact whatsoever. Either way sounds good to me. I think actually doing it at the con would be pretty fun though.

iTSUMOxAi

the mention of laser tag gets me so giddy =B
yes TT3TT!!!!

Moondancer

*Reads this...sighs...Misses Paintball.* The sound of a contact splat, the grunts of pain, the heavy breathing of prey who happen to be out of air, but just wont surrender. Those were the days...

You can get cheap laser tag game things, at like Target.
Got some for my nephew and niece last year. I think a set of two was only $25 or so bucks, and they had different sets. Like one was something like single fire, and three round. The one I got the kids was a single shot, and another button that would 'freeze' the targets system for like 15 seconds and they couldn't fire back. There was a few others as I recall. One even came with a headset walk talkie thing. They just made alot of noise though.

Ta,

~Juls

mousou_machine

make a battlefield out of the massive unused space and we'll watch the fun unfold... waivers will be signed beforehand.

Leishu

Sadly, Airsoft is now pretty well out of the question, due to the recent California laws governing such things.

With a budget, laser tag could still def. work. :]
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on April 16, 2006, 01:53:50 PM
Besides, you can almost picture it... STARS vs The Hellsing Organization.

Hellz ya! That would immediately make me get up and labor myself for money all day just to afford a Alucard costume.

We should plan it for next year since its getting close to Fanime.

ewu

Sounds fun but note that anything airsoft will be confiscated IMMEDIATELY if brought into the con. Laser tag guns may work, but may also not as they may need to be peace bonded.

for reference:
http://www.fanime.com/file_download/29/Fanime+2008+Weapons+Policy.doc

Bear in mind, if you all are going to put something together it will be nowhere close to a Fanime sanctioned or permitted event.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Amon_Devilman

asuka245

yeah Laser-Tag Events are cool and alot of fun..

back in Fanime con 99,2000 if i am quoting this right but i know we had it in 2000.

It was called Frasers laser Tag...aka Frazer tag.

that was alot of fun..wish sometime we could bring laser tag back to Fanime 2009 if alot of people where into it.
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

Moondancer

Laser Tag is....okay. Not as much fun as paintball mind you. Something about feeling a round go flying by, and hearing a near miss to make you jump and run. Where in laser tag you either hear some far off sound and have no clue if it's aimed at you, or if its a more professional place, you might catch the red light someones aiming at you with. Though any sort of war game type thing could be fun to play with strangers, even if it is laser tag *laughs* Silly laws in cities to ruin fun. *Lives out in the woods, and has seen neighbors chasing each other with shotguns, shiver twitch* Scary hillbillies

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: asuka245 on May 14, 2008, 10:52:10 AM
yeah Laser-Tag Events are cool and alot of fun..

back in Fanime con 99,2000 if i am quoting this right but i know we had it in 2000.

It was called Frasers laser Tag...aka Frazer tag.

that was alot of fun..wish sometime we could bring laser tag back to Fanime 2009 if alot of people where into it.

That's kinda what I was hoping for.