No webcomics panel?

Started by JeffreyAtW, May 13, 2006, 09:31:04 AM

JeffreyAtW

I'm surprised! I thought that there'd still be an interest this year in having a webcomics panel. After all, Fred Gallagher was at Fanime only two years ago. Last year's wasn't too grand but I still think it was pretty fun.

Was anyone else looking forward to that besides me? :P

joshness

What webcomic artists are coming? The only one I know of is snafu-comics (I'm assuming its going to be just dave. Although, if Bleedman comes.. WOO HOO!). Ian from MacHall just moved to the Bay, I dunno if he'll be attending Fanime though. I sent him an email a few weeks ago, but haven't heard back since. Fred is going to Comic-Con instead of Fanime. Who knows if Dom is going to show up at Fanime? Anyone know if past webcome attendees are coming? Like Real Life and Strange Candy?

It would be sweet though if we had enough webcomic artists to do a panel.

neko ewen

Last year the webcomic panel was all obscure types like me (see sig) and Annalise (of Ensuing). One of the better known local webcomic artists moved to Texas and hasn't been doing many comic strips lately anyway, and Greg from Real Life said on his site that he had some weird issue with the con that I don't fully understand, but he decided never to come back. Fred Gallagher also supposedly said he wasn't coming back to Fanime, but then he apparently has zillions of cons that want him to attend all the time.

For my part, this year I've been too stressed to try to do anything with panels, so I didn't take the initiative to bug live programming about having a webcomics panel like last year. Plus I've been too busy to regularly update my comic anyway. ^_^;;;;
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

fullmetalneko

Dom is always at Fanime.  The boy is the Ninja supreme.  =}  

Id like to do a webcomics panel for next year.  This year was my first time doing this and that was something that I didn't think of.  With hope I can try and talk some people back up for something like that.  Though it is good intel to know that Ian is out here in Cali, so that just adds more to it.  Hopefully I can get some stuff set up for next year that will work for everyone.
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

FanFicGuru

The Snafu guy was there. He was funny. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sygmus

I believe Annaliese (of Ensuing fame) was hoping to do another panel this year.  She asked me to be in it too, even though my comic is rather obscure to everyone but her.