"fanimecon.com"

Started by otakuya, May 17, 2006, 02:16:17 PM

otakuya

I tried typing "fanimecon.com" and see what comes up. It's a webpage of nothing, just a typical spam link page. Any chance of getting this domain for the future?

YoureMyHiro

Are you talking about you getting the domain name or Fanime Staff obtaining it? I dont think is any particular reason to change it from Fanime.com to Fanimecon.com if thats what your referring to.

Nyxyin

Ugh.  I vote against giving any money to domain poachers.  People should be able to use search engines, bookmarks, flyers, etc. to get to the proper URL.  If there's no market for making money off of poached domains, they'll stop doing it.

Zain

Yeah, it seems our website is getting enough traffic for the domain squatters to take all the domains similar to ours. fanime.net, fanime.org, famine.com, etc. have all fallen into the hands of the squatters. Really, is it that big of a deal though? I'm pretty sure nobody visiting those sites will think that they are owned by Fanime, and there isn't a shortage of search engines to plug "fanime con" into. It really isn't worth paying the squatters a few hundred dollars each just to account for a few typos.
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

Tsubasa

Getting these alternative domains and parking them to fanime.com wouldn't be such a bad idea.  Probably a waste of time and money though.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR