Mini fridge? PS2/DVD use?

Started by IamTetsuo, May 18, 2006, 02:51:02 PM

IamTetsuo

A question do the single king bedded rooms at the Marriot inlcude a mini fridge?  If so does the mini fridge have a freezer?

Also do the TV's have AV hookups for a PS2?  Do they already have DVD players attached?

Ruby

I dont think they have DVD players attached, at least our room at the Marriott didn't.

I've heard you can hook your gaming systems up to the TVs, so I think you'll be able to hook it up. @_@ if you can move the TV..eee..big cabinet!

Uhm..And as for fridges. *Ponders* Yes, I think they have them...you just have to ask. o_O;; and they run out fast[/u], so you might wanna do that pronto. I don't know if they have freezers in'em though..think it's just a fridge, but it keeps stuff plenty cold anyway.  :wink:

[EDIT]: If you really need a lil mini fridge, do what I did last year! :D Get a small/medium sized cooler (sure its more stuff to carry to the hotel, but it's worth it), and put some ice in it. :3 It'll keep everything cold for the few days you're at the convention. ^_^ You can even renew the ice and stuff--but we didn't and it was still cold. >> Just melted.  :?
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Babbit_Chan

Quote from: "Ruby"[EDIT]: If you really need a lil mini fridge, do what I did last year! :D Get a small/medium sized cooler (sure its more stuff to carry to the hotel, but it's worth it), and put some ice in it. :3 It'll keep everything cold for the few days you're at the convention. ^_^ You can even renew the ice and stuff--but we didn't and it was still cold. >> Just melted.  :?

Last year we were kinda miffed that we couldn't get a mini fridge. To substitute we made turned our bathroom sink into a ghetto fridge just by throwing lots of ice into it lol. That worked pretty well, considering we didn't have a cooler.

IamTetsuo

Hmm I'm guessing that they charge extra for the mini fridge then? :(

Cooler sounds like a good idea...

Tuplica

It's kind of a mixed bag.  The Hilton has minifridges in all their rooms, and yes, I think there is a miniature freezer inside of it, but I don't think you can hook up gaming machines.  There's been a lot of debate about it in prior threads, but basically there's no simple AV hookup.

So, you either go with gaming or go with the fridge. :P
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Personally I would SO go for the gaming....screw the mini-fridge when you can be ghetto fab!! :twisted:

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Personally I would SO go for the gaming....screw the mini-fridge when you can be ghetto fab!! :twisted:

Actually the PS2 would mainly be for screening my own personal anime collection...  So I'd much prefer a mini fridge, but I'v got a Marriot room.  
Guess I'll just have to load myself up like a pack mule and haul in a cooler along with everything else.

ChenCzen

you fruit-loops.

There arent audio/video jacks (at the hilton as far as I remember), meaning if you want to play games on the tvs you need a RF adapter.

the Hilton has placed plastic 'tubes' over the coaxial cable where it connects to the tv so that you cannot unscrew it to plug in the rf adapter.

defeating that is simple. just jam a key into the tube next to the cable so that it rests against one of the flat sides of the screw at the very end, and turn the whole thing counter-clockwise. keep turning it until it unscrews, jam on your adaptor, and you are done.

lastly, make sure that you place the tubes infront of the tv so that the housekeepers can turn them into the floor manager when they find them. That way they will know they are wasting thier time and ours with this 'deterent'. Nobody wants to play your crappy N64-whatever the hell it is.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

IamTetsuo

*points at his first thread*
I'm staying at the Marriot, so I don't particularly care about the Hilton... :roll:

ChenCzen

*points at every post from Tulipca on, that is a discussion of fridge versus tv hook-ups (which is then a Hilton versus Marriot pro/con debate) which even you weighed in on*

I was merely stating for the other posters here that the issue need not be one or the other, and that by staying at the Hilton you can have both.  :roll: Not everything is about you.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

IamTetsuo

Yes it is.  The world revolves around me.  Didn't you get that memo?  :D

Wasn't trying to offend, trying to push the topic back in a direction that helped me.  :wink:

FanFicGuru

Wow, well I don't know how much the Hilton sucks, but at the Marriott last year, there were AV cables right there. It was as easy as pie to set up our stuff.

Fridges however, are not included. They do have an easy access to ice however.

As far as the AV cables go in the Marriott, they are definitely there. In fact, they're front access too, all you've gotta do is plug them in and use the remote to switch input.

Bing, bang, boom.

I would recommend just bringing an empty cooler. Then, hit up a nearby safeway or albertsons, get some ice from your floor, and you've got a makeshift fridge. You can empty the melted ice in your tub in the morning.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Ruby

^^ Hope all this helps, Tetsuo~

Yeah, personally the cooler works great...I'm probably going to do that again this year. ^_^

Which reminds me..I NEED TO GET ICE. :(

Oh wait, someone said they had ice. Where IS the ice located in the Marriott?
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Ayanami Rei First Child

Last year there was a mini-cooler filled with crap if memory serves correct. As someone else said there were also AV cables in front to, which made setup MUCH easier and we all know how far superior AV cables are to RF adapters >.<

drallcome

I bring my ps2 every year to fanime. I allso have every AV cable you can hook up.. Even the old school cable one where you have to tune it to channel 3 or 4. I know how to take off thoes security things on the back of the TV to hook it up. - used to work with cable guys- If the hotel is nice you can ask the mant. dep to remove it for ya.
Last year at my hotel they had the srca and rca jacks in the front.  We only had one complant from the hotel because we made too much noise playing Tiko Drum master at 1am.. tee hee...
Fanime Member since 1999

LinLinLucy

Quote from: "drallcome"I bring my ps2 every year to fanime. I allso have every AV cable you can hook up.. Even the old school cable one where you have to tune it to channel 3 or 4. I know how to take off thoes security things on the back of the TV to hook it up. - used to work with cable guys- If the hotel is nice you can ask the mant. dep to remove it for ya.
Last year at my hotel they had the srca and rca jacks in the front.  We only had one complant from the hotel because we made too much noise playing Tiko Drum master at 1am.. tee hee...

your taking my PS2 to fanime right? because mine is 2x smaller than yours :P

Barnes

Guess I'll bring my GameCube with some multiplayer games afterall :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

FanFicGuru

Yeah, imo

Marriott>>>>>>Hilton.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Ayanami Rei First Child

Ke ke ke. Feel the power! Thank God I picked the Marriot. I'll just have to pack my PS1 with Pocket Fighter. :twisted:

Megumi

Quote from: "Tuplica"It's kind of a mixed bag.  The Hilton has minifridges in all their rooms, and yes, I think there is a miniature freezer inside of it, but I don't think you can hook up gaming machines.  There's been a lot of debate about it in prior threads, but basically there's no simple AV hookup.

So, you either go with gaming or go with the fridge. :P

I was able to hook up my sega genesis (that i bought at fanime) the the tv in the hotel room last year (although ican't remember which hotel i was in >< i think it was the hilton).