Checking in process?

Started by Shi_Musouka, May 22, 2006, 03:44:51 PM

Shi_Musouka

I know this might be a dumb question to ask, but this will be my first time checking into a hotel room and I'm not really sure how to go about it.

Is there anything I'll need to bring in order to check into my hotel room, like an ID, Credit card, etc.? I know I need a parent to check me in since I'm not an adult(legally), but I also have other roommates staying in my room. How would they go about checking into the room, if at all? I'm a bit unfamiliar with the process. Sorry...

Is there a specific time you need to check-in at to get the room? What's usually the earliest and latest time you can check into your room?

btw I'm staying at the Marriott so I think things might apply differently.

alkaline

Heeey everybody.

The check-in time at the Marriot is 2PM I believe? As for latest. . I'm not sure on that. What you should bring is-

- Your California ID / Drivers License
- The credit card used for the hotel transaction
- And to be on the safe side, a printed confirmation for your hotel.

As for the other people, it doesn't matter. The only person that has to check-in is the person in which the Hotel room is under.

It should all be easy ;D

Tuplica

If a parent is checking you in and the reservation is in their name, you don't need an ID.  Actually, last year, I had two rooms and one of them was in my name, but I still didn't need my ID.  Just had the other person check in for me.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Shi_Musouka

I see... So I can just check in myself with an adult, but without my roomates and it'll all be ready?

If I have a roomate under 18, does he/she need any special parental permission/check-in or anything of that sort or is he/she not needed for checking in? I'm thinking about having him/her bring a parent, but if it's unnecessary, I don't want to waste their(parents) time.

I know the other roomates are not involved when checking in, but I want to make sure just in case they have a different policy for minors.

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "alkaline"Heeey everybody.

The check-in time at the Marriot is 2PM I believe? As for latest. . I'm not sure on that. What you should bring is-

Wait do you mean 2PM is the earliest to check in?

phoenixphire24

As far as I know, the only person you need for checking in is the person that the room is under, and an adult if that person happens to be under 18. Other people, even if under age, do not need to be there, have special permission, or check in. The person checking in will need an ID and credit card as mentioned above. This is how it's been for me everytime I've checked into a hotel. And I think I read somewhere that check in time might be 4pm now (later than last year). Safest thing to do is call the hotel and ask. Probably a good idea to confirm the hotel reservations anyway.

Karisma Black

I stayed at the Mariott last year. All that is required to check in is ID/Credit Card/person over 18. That person does not have to stay in the hotel room. If there are others under 18 staying in the room they don't have to have a parent check them in. :)

drallcome

I chk in at 9am last year at the Marriot. It depends if rooms are free. 12 noon is usaly your best bet.
Fanime Member since 1999

Shi_Musouka

I see... Thanks. That really cleared things up for me.

About arriving: So if you arrive between 12PM - 9PM, there won't be any penalty fee, right? I just worry that if I arrive after 2PM, I might not get a room since I've heard stories on this forum about people reserving a room at the Marriott and didn't receive the rooms they reserved, even when checking in because they arrived a little later than the check-in times.

Eri

Getting a different room than what you reserved should never happen. If the hotels try changing your reservation, you need to go talk to Leroy from CMR (our hotel booking agent) in Registration and have him deal with the hotel. Bring the confirmation receipt if you can.

I would call the Merriott and ask them when check in times are. If you think you're going to be late, then just let them know that so they can plan.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

IamTetsuo

A heads up for everyone arriving tomorrow: check in time at the Marriot is 3PM tomorrow (friday)!

Absolute0

Is this any different for the Hilton?

Megumi

oh this is just great, so iw ont' be able to check into my hotel room...I had my Dad use his credit card and he has work so he can't be at the convention center :;sigh::

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Megumi"oh this is just great, so iw ont' be able to check into my hotel room...I had my Dad use his credit card and he has work so he can't be at the convention center :;sigh::

Do not despair too much! At least with the marriott, if you have another credit card when you go to check in (Maybe mom's or another friend's?) you can switch the card that it was held with. If your dad has the card, maybe he can give it to your mom to take with her or something like that?

I"m sure you can figure out something.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Barnes

Quote from: "drallcome"I chk in at 9am last year at the Marriot. It depends if rooms are free. 12 noon is usaly your best bet.

I was able to check in at 11am this morning, thats cool 8)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes