Emergency ID issue.

Started by pandy.pie, May 25, 2006, 11:23:54 AM

pandy.pie

I recently lost my wallet with my school ID, my only form of identification. Without it, will I still be able to pick up my badge if I have the printed out receipt? And if not, would something like a printed copy from my school be acceptable? Anything?
I'm worried I've just lost my only way to pick up my pre-reg badge. @___@;;

Also (bonus!) at what time on Thursday is early pick-up available? >>;;
<3

RyuHayabusa

Pick up time for badge is 6 p.m onwards.

about your ID, a school ID is not acceptable to pick up your badge. Hopefully, if you have a US passport, that can work, because it has to be an official government ID card(State driver's license,  US/Foreign passport, green card, or State ID) to pick up your badge.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

pandy.pie

Ok.

But I'm too young for any other form of ID at the moment. No driver's license or state ID yet. In previous years, I was able to pick my badge up with my school ID alone.

But now that I've lost that...I'm SOL? :?
<3

YoureMyHiro

Your not up shit creek yet, Im sure if you explain your circumstance and make the effort, like bring a I dont know birth certificate or something to that extent with you Im sure staff will work with you. Email registration staff and let them know your situation asap and possibly someone can help you out.

FanFicGuru

So wait a minute, if we have our receipts and a school ID you won't give us our badges?

I have no state issued ID, and I need to pick up those badges tonight, I was under the impression that a school ID was still ok because I picked mine up with one last year. I also have a bank card with my picture on it.

I would really rather not have my weekend null and void because of this. Thank you.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Marion

*had to come out of lurker mode for this @_@*

Waitwhat?

I can't use my student ID? Q_Q Why?

Like a lot of people, I'm too young to have anything else... And I don't think I can get my hands on my birth ceritificate so last minute. *just discovered this now, day of badge pick-up ;__;*

._. I'll e-mail the registration staff now, but I think it's too late, since they may take a while to answer.

*is sulking now. ;___;*

pandy.pie

This is what concerns me. All of a sudden school ID's are unacceptable? That doesn't make sense, seeing as many of the con-attendees are underaged, and don't have any other form of ID. Also, in previous years at Fanime, a school ID was acceptable. This in addition to the printed receipts seems like it should be enough, yes?

In any case, I don't personally have my school ID now, even. So I might have to hunt for some other form of identification, though it's so last minute I don't know what I'll do. >__o;
<3

FanFicGuru

Not only that, the receipt says present this and a secondary ID...secondary implies (to me) something that has your name and picture on it. Not Valid/ Government Issued ID.

And I never thought about that point either. Yeah, ok now i"m a bit confused.

Any mods or staff still around? We'd like this issue cleared up please. Thanks.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Marion

^Ohmg, a SECONDARY ID too? X______X *spazspazspaz*

So I have just one ID, I need two, and either way I can't use the one I have? ;_____;

I really hope the staff gets on quick, because I'm leaving at around 6.

I'm very sadworried now. ;_;

FanFicGuru

No, not a SECONDARY ID as WELL, it says on the receipt thing, and I quote:

"Please bring this receipt and a secondary form of ID to the Registration desks on the first floor of the convention center."

It also says if you don't have a receipt to bring an ID, but doesn't say secondary, so that leads me to believe one thing:

If you have your receipt, you can use your school ID because it's a photo ID and the paper doesn't say 'valid' ID or whatever, just secondary. If you don't have your receipt, THEN you need to have a government issued ID to pick up your badge.

Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to not accept school ID's at all, because you're right. Most attendees probably aren't at the age when they would NEED a state issued ID (Drivers license, State ID, Passport).

Gah, I wish someone would get on soon, I'm leaving in a little over an hour and would rather not be denied my group's badges.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Karisma Black

Note: Just FYI, if you are underaged you can still get a government issued ID. It's really easy to do, fill out the form at the DMV, pay the fee, take the picture, wait for it in the mail. While this may not help at Fanime, it's always a good thing to have some form of ID other than a school id. You never know when you might need it. :)

Also.. please remember that you DO NOT need your social security card. I've heard some people talking about bringing it and the like, but it's not necessary and you might lose it. You /NEED/ to keep that thing safe at home. Trust me on this.

pandy.pie

This is very confusing. Marion, if you live near the area and are planning to go to pick up your badge at 6PM, I might not reccomend it. I've already made calls to the convention center and staff, and apparently they're behind and don't have everything ready yet anyhow. I was told no badges would be available for pick up until 8am-ish Friday morning.

There's a lot of conflicting info between what's here online and what's said by the staff there now. ;-; -more desperate please for some staff confirmations-
<3

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Karisma Black"Note: Just FYI, if you are underaged you can still get a government issued ID. It's really easy to do, fill out the form at the DMV, pay the fee, take the picture, wait for it in the mail. While this may not help at Fanime, it's always a good thing to have some form of ID other than a school id. You never know when you might need it. :)

Also.. please remember that you DO NOT need your social security card. I've heard some people talking about bringing it and the like, but it's not necessary and you might lose it. You /NEED/ to keep that thing safe at home. Trust me on this.

I don't know if it's the point that you can get it or what, my idea was that most high schoolers (majority of attendees, as well as some college students) probably wouldn't go through that trouble unless they were getting their Drivers license. I would think that it would be easier for Con-goers to accept School ID's, you know, making it more convenient for them etc...

And I know they have taken them in the past, which is why I'm even more confused. If last year they gave me a hard time about it I would've been like, well ok I'll get a state issued ID. But they didn't. So *shrug*
Swap meet staff - 2014

Karisma Black

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"I don't know if it's the point that you can get it or what, my idea was that most high schoolers (majority of attendees, as well as some college students) probably wouldn't go through that trouble unless they were getting their Drivers license. I would think that it would be easier for Con-goers to accept School ID's, you know, making it more convenient for them etc...

And I know they have taken them in the past, which is why I'm even more confused. If last year they gave me a hard time about it I would've been like, well ok I'll get a state issued ID. But they didn't. So *shrug*

Understandable. I don't see why school id shouldn't work--for the most part they just need a photo ID from my understanding. They really shouldn't give you a hard time about it. I'm just saying a state ID is really a very useful thing and it's not all that hard to obtain.

Marion

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"No, not a SECONDARY ID as WELL, it says on the receipt thing, and I quote...

*relief-ish* x_x

And... wowreally? D: Then I can't pick up my badge till Saturday, since I have school tomorrow. x_x [i live 15 minutes away from the convention center ^^] pandy.pie, how did you contact them over phone? :0 may I have the phone number too, pls? x_x

I suppose Fanime must have a good reason for not accepting student IDs ^^. but I hafta say, it's really inconvienent. ><

[wow, I can never really escape last-minute hustlebustle x_x]

pandy.pie

Quote from: "Marion"pandy.pie, how did you contact them over phone? :0 may I have the phone number too, pls? x_x

I suppose Fanime must have a good reason for not accepting student IDs ^^. but I hafta say, it's really inconvienent. ><
I just dialed information and asked for the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. There was a lot of transfering involved. My father was on the phone the majority of the time while I was online here, keeping up. So I don't know the number myself. Sorry. ^-^;;
<3

Marion

Quote from: "pandy.pie"
Quote from: "Marion"pandy.pie, how did you contact them over phone? :0 may I have the phone number too, pls? x_x

I just dialed information and asked for the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. There was a lot of transfering involved. My father was on the phone the majority of the time while I was online here, keeping up. So I don't know the number myself. Sorry. ^-^;;

^^ It's okay, thanks anyhow.

FanFicGuru

Well, got my badge with my student ID without any incident.

*thumbs up*
Swap meet staff - 2014