E-Gaming Suggestions/Feedback thread for 2007!

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 28, 2006, 09:08:24 PM

deepbluevibes

gmontem

How about that Japanese machine where you stick a finger into a woman's ... nm.  :lol:
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Asa_Gohan

Did you see a long haired phillipino who went by the name of PINK when he played? If so...Thats me =3

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Ska_Kitti

I was either thinking of putting tabletop with the rest of gaming in a corner away from all the noise. According to the higher ups, tabletop was given a smaller room this year because the room wasn't filled in 2004. Well, since after this year, we will try for a much larger room for 2007 with more explosions and partial nudity... lol.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Asa_Gohan

if only GL didnt put such a high price on their arcade games T_T I know that there would have been more arcade games there like keyboard mania, dance maniacs probably V2 session *tear*

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

hana-chan

Everyone in my group really missed Dance Maniax this year. ;_; Please bring it back for next year!

One other complaint I heard a lot, and agreed with, was that it would be nice if the music machines were more spread out. It was waaaaaaaaaay too loud over there, and it was distracting if you were playing one game and another one was going on next to you.

Overall I thought it was really good though. ^_^ I especially liked the machine with the plushies, that made me waste quite a bit of money without ever getting anything. It was rather...addicting.
www.go-gaia.com is my second home. :D

-zoxan-

It was on Sunday night that I went,"Hey what's this? OoO! Tabletop!" Make it so that n00bs like me can see it! And I didn't know what games you guys were playing,so I kind of felt left out. And I was by myself,so I had mixed feelings. But yeah,make it so that it can be seen,please? >_<

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Barnes

Quote from: "Zouri"On a side note, I'm surprised that barely anyone was playing Power Stone 2 with us. That was great fun!

WHAT? AH! I missed that. But I did get to play Jojo :D  Disapointed again that I found no F-Zero :(  (Except on my forum badge)
Overall I liked the game selection. DOA 4, SSBM, and Jojo make me smile :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Chloe

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"I think there should have to been 2 TVs for SSBM like last year. It was really packed >.< and it just seemed so small since the computers werent like right there next to you and the room was so big but that was good. Also the game like beatmania was gone it was sad T_T

Mm, there were two TVs I think on the last day. T.T But, I agree with you that there should have been more TVs with SSBM.  Although, I missed the SSBM tournie, and I heard that it was FILLED by like Sat.  

But, I enjoyed the SSBM, DOA4, Katamari, and others... I liked how it was really air-conditioned in there too~  No more sweaty stuffy room!
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Tsubasa

Major kudos for KoF XI and SCIII:AE in the arcade.  I was extremely surprised at the latter.  Even more praise for SS Tenka in the console gaming.  Totally didn't expect that one.

Overall, there was a great variety and I think this has been the best e-gaming room in the last few years.  I was quite pleased.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Umi.Ryuuzaki

(I will repeat this post, probably in greater detail, in the feedback thread)

So let me get this right: 48 hours after the con, the common jest is, put all aspects of FanimeCon Gaming (E-Gaming's PC+Console, Arcades, Tabletop) into the exhibit hall 3 as a center for all gaming, or as I see it now "mega, "super", uber Gaming Hall"?

Now, not that I will promise anything at all, it might be an good idea. The only  few problems I see with it is: the doors situlation that later kinda got out of control, the noise bleed that might affect tabletop (unless i'm totally wrong), and how it work out @ con from a coordination point of view. I have an personal variation of the idea of how to possibly make this idea happen, but we'll see.

Now, if sofas were a viable option to have, imagine the possiblities...

Keep it going with the feedback! The staff and upper management are watching to make sure Gaming @ FanimeCon remains, is, and will be kickass for the future!
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Emerge

Guilty Gear XX Slash tourney for the win!

Please, Chito? You know how bad I want this!!!

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Doesnt tabletop require a somewhat quiet environment? I didn't go into there much, but to me, I think the sheer noise from E-Gaming and arcades w.ould prove to be a problem.

Then again, I am open to ideas. I have a few ideas in mind...

Normally, the noise generated by the tabletop gaming room can drown out a JRock concert. I don't really think a few geeks should have a problem competing with a DDR machine. In fact, that would be rather easy.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Shin Gouki

your not countting all the games *Console, Arcades will be all the time now down time  ppl in tabletop will have to yell all the time to get there story out so all can hear it thats my 2 cents

Mordyan

I agree that table top gaming can get loud especially playing Apples to Apples. The only games that would suffer from noise would be roleplaying I think.

I kinda like the idea that table top be combined into the mega room.
Pro's:
more space
better air conditioning
more connected to the rest of the con

Con's:
possible noise problems
fighting to keep chairs at the tables (the arcade tends to absorb chairs)
lighting

Mordyan

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Now, if sofas were a viable option to have, imagine the possiblities...

That would be great for a handheld gaming lounge.  :D

But even if we don't get sofas I still think a few tables should be set up for the hand held gamers, with signage stating the purpose of the area. It would be an easy setup and I think it would attract more gamers to the room.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

For anyone wondering who is responsible in providing the Arcade Machines this year is a company called,

On Campus Entertainment.  (Not Sunnyvale Golfland)

The reason why On Campus Entertainment did not want to hold any kind of arcade tournaments of any kind is to make sure Fanime Con is profitable in making money for these machines.

E-gaming had no say about those arcade machines or made arrangements with OCE.  The contract was made between OCE and Fanime Con's High Management.

I give props to OCE for the last minute surprise of Para Para Paradise.

Please give feedback to this Arcade company so they can provide more machines next year along with better selection of arcade cabinets.

The Plushie machine is very intriguing for OCE to import that one.

(BTW we will later somehow provide a source on where to contact this company)

Jason Estioko

E-Gaming Staff (Console Machines) Fanime 2006
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Kertus

I was disapointed that around sunday late late night till monday morning the gaming areas were pretty much dead and the only thing to do was the arcade games. *sigh*
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

lying is an art form

Just a few things.

First I'd like to thank Chito for having me on staff for EGaming this year, it was fun working with you guys and I'm still thinking what department I want to do next year. I might go back to EGaming because I want to make this handheld lounge a reality for 2007.

Please, please, pleaseeeeeeeee don't drum too hard on our Taiko Drum Master drums. There were signs posted next to the PS2s which were running TDM, but I noticed that a lot of people just ignored it.

I was going to leave Arcade feedback here, but I just found the other thread.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Ska_Kitti

Well this year was screwed before it started. My staff all dropped out with the exception of CCMW and TF which left us hanging. We had to close the room down early because everyone wasn't able to get in any sleep and asking them to work graveyard shifts wasn't an option.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay