2006 Masquerade

Started by lying is an art form, May 29, 2006, 12:23:20 AM

EternalMalachi

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"Don't forget about the girl who cosplayed Amano-style Rachel from Final Fantasy VI.  Her costume was really detailed and nobody has yet to (that I've seen) cosplay her character.  :)

Anyone have pictures of her?  She had a very lovely face and I was wow'd by how intricate her costume was.  Oh, and she had a very lovely face.  ^.~

Leishu

Quote from: "angeljibrille"
Quote from: "Leishu"I agree... On changing the nature of the show. I believe that the nature of the show has significantly changed almost every year I've been in it.

As a note, by "changing the nature of the show" when I said it above, I meant that we are not going to change it to be "all skits" or "first fashion show, then skits" as it's just impossible to do that being that you get a mixed bag of entries when people register. Also, I'm not willing to change the show by screening entries first to pre-judge if people are worthy to be in the performance -- that's just not fair. This is supposed to be for fun.

Yah. ^_^

I totally agree. I just tend to randomly throw possibilities out there in the hope that they may inspire more and greater ideas. :p
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Sora

I've always watched the cosplay competition, never participated in it. This year, I've done both. XD
"Don't give me any orders."

LunaNeko

Stange, I thought this year it was like 90% skits and 10% walk ons - guess people are never happy!!

To me, I rather see 5 walk ons then 1 boring skit. XD

bahamutknightzero

Well even though there seems to be very mixed reactions, I did enjoy the Masquerade, both as an audience member and a performer (the skit with the Sins and Ed aka the One Bra skit).

angeljibrille

Quote from: "LunaNeko"Stange, I thought this year it was like 90% skits and 10% walk ons - guess people are never happy!!

To me, I rather see 5 walk ons then 1 boring skit. XD

Yup, it was pretty much that ratio. You can see the list here:

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=5029

I think there are a few vocal people on the boards saying that there were too many walk-ons. Happy people never come to forums to rant ^_^;

Marisa

Leishu

*raises hand*

I'm pretty happy!

I just always look for ways to improve, anyway :p

swordman85

Well ya the lighting guys didn't get it quite right but they got most of it right so I was happy.  As far as the noise goes it didn't make that noise when he did it in the last episode.  Oh and I'm a little curious what you meant by timing it with the music.  Thanks for the critique though

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Leishu"*raises hand*

I'm pretty happy!

I just always look for ways to improve, anyway :p

Yay! I'm glad :)  Because I know you were the most worried once upon a time.  I honestly want people to just have a great time. :)

Leishu

If I can make one small suggestion, though it's logistically harder.  It was something many of us on the side there talked about after the show. I can actually see how, with 60 or so groups, it'd be much harder to do. In the past, all of the groups on the side have been brought up on stage for the audience's viewing pleasure for the announcement of the award winners. If that's possible, again, I personally thought that it added a sort of nifty amount of game-show surprise to the whole thing (and spontaneous moments, like one of my team-members kissing Brian quite passionately and another kissing me. Yay for Masquerade yaoi... o_O). I don't really think it'll be entirely practical to do with the number of groups we now have. It is, after all, not a huge stage, but perhaps ways to preserve that spontaneity should be brainstormed, or something. It was a little weird to see the groups picked out of the crowd beforehand.

Just a random thought. :p

swordman85

Does anyone know when we'll be able to buy a copy of the masqurade?  I really want to get a copy

goldfish

Quote from: "Leishu"If I can make one small suggestion, though it's logistically harder.  It was something many of us on the side there talked about after the show. I can actually see how, with 60 or so groups, it'd be much harder to do. In the past, all of the groups on the side have been brought up on stage for the audience's viewing pleasure for the announcement of the award winners. If that's possible, again, I personally thought that it added a sort of nifty amount of game-show surprise to the whole thing (and spontaneous moments, like one of my team-members kissing Brian quite passionately and another kissing me. Yay for Masquerade yaoi... o_O). I don't really think it'll be entirely practical to do with the number of groups we now have. It is, after all, not a huge stage, but perhaps ways to preserve that spontaneity should be brainstormed, or something. It was a little weird to see the groups picked out of the crowd beforehand.Just a random thought. :p

not all of the groups went up beforehand though, i saw quite a few groups go up as they were announcing there award.

to the coordinators and people involved in the masquerade, i personally liked that you guys didn't have everyone onstage, it was so much more orderly, and practical, and i could see the groups who won what award ten times easier than in previous years ^_^

in past years where everyone is dragged onstage, people have to shove there way to front to get the award, and it'd take more time because they have to go through the people onstage.

Leishu

I guess that I always felt that the spontenaity was worth that :p

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Leishu"I guess that I always felt that the spontenaity was worth that :p

Well, we don't tell them WHAT they won, just that they won "something".

Because of the dangers of getting backstage (as those speakers block the stairs on the stage) we decided it was safer to at least stage all the winners back there.

And I couldn't find everyone, so a few groups didn't get called up in time and were pulled from the audience. ^_^;

Leishu

Eh... the opinion really still stands. As I said, I see the merit in not doing it like that anymore. It's just a little sad to see it go. No matter what, it's a little less fun for those who -don't- win.

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Leishu"Eh... the opinion really still stands. As I said, I see the merit in not doing it like that anymore. It's just a little sad to see it go. No matter what, it's a little less fun for those who -don't- win.

*nods sadly*

EternalMalachi

Quote from: "swordman85"Well ya the lighting guys didn't get it quite right but they got most of it right so I was happy.  As far as the noise goes it didn't make that noise when he did it in the last episode.  Oh and I'm a little curious what you meant by timing it with the music.  Thanks for the critique though

I meant, timing so that when your monologue ends and you put your hand on your chest, its right when the music is coming to a point where you have inserted a sound effect.  If that was something you wanted to do.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "EternalMalachi"
Quote from: "Eurobeat King"Don't forget about the girl who cosplayed Amano-style Rachel from Final Fantasy VI.  Her costume was really detailed and nobody has yet to (that I've seen) cosplay her character.  :)

Anyone have pictures of her?  She had a very lovely face and I was wow'd by how intricate her costume was.  Oh, and she had a very lovely face.  ^.~

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=703384

I took more pictures of her during the Final Fantasy VI gathering on Saturday. :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

astroboy

Quote from: "angeljibrille"....
I think there are a few vocal people on the boards saying that there were too many walk-ons. Happy people never come to forums to rant ^_^;

Marisa
jumping in a little late here:
11 walk-ons (30 seconds max) == 330 sec. == 5.5 minutes

Maybe I'm being insensitve or maybe I'm actually onto something here. If someone is going to complain about what happened for 5.5 minutes out of a 5 hour show...I think they're being just a wee bit picky? eh?

MzreYuen

I think my friends and i had way too much fun at the masquerade. It was our first time doing anything like that. But we had a blast and i can't wait till next year.

Go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgzcNFnyAA  to watch our skit.