Otaku Manners panel?

Started by LawyerGirl, May 31, 2006, 09:38:10 AM

Nina Star 9

to get people to go, all we need to do is have some hawt chick in a skimpy costume stand outside with a sign that says "free hentai".  :lol:

Sucrose

And then lock the door behind them so they can't escape?
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

uzutake

Quote from: "Sucrose"And then lock the door behind them so they can't escape?

No...of course not...

Think of the fanboy funk.

Nina Star 9

that is why we have minagi-chan at the dorr to fani-maid them down before they enter! duh! D:

or a whole team of minagi-chans... o_O;;

BunofGovt

Quote from: "uzutake"
Quote from: "Sucrose"And then lock the door behind them so they can't escape?

No...of course not...

Think of the fanboy funk.

But, see, that'd get them all in one place and we wouldn't have to worry about them out in the center bweh he he he ... and then run a video on manners and behavior a la Clockwork Orange until the con is over Monday afternoon.   :twisted:

Can't believe I said that  :roll:
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Shinigami

You all made very good points, but I have another peeve...fangirls/fanboys. "LYK OMG A ROXAS COSPLAYRR N A ROCKSASS COSPLAYRR!! OMG U GUYZ SHULD TOTALIE MAKE OUT!!! *Squeeeee!!!*" How many people have gotten harrassed to make out with someone of the same gender for someone else's amusement? How many of you are gay/lesbian/bi/whatever and had someone harrass you to make out with someone just because of your sexual orientation? I see it at cons all the time. It drives me crazy. It's very rude and disrespectful to anyone, and it's insulting to gays/lesbians.

We need to hand out soap when they pick up their con badge, and we need to hand out some fragrance at the hentai room. The hentai room should also be equipped with Febreeze attached to big fans so we spray the area. The Febreeze will somehow have to spray on its own....

Maaan I want to do a Masquerade skit now featuring Axel giving a bunch of fanboys a hygiene lesson (Soap. S-O-A-P. Got it memorized?!)

lifey

I agree with this 100%

There are those time when your just sitting there and somehow you get dragged into or hurt by or surrounded by one of those fights where the cosplayers are fully going at it.. It's not funny when people get hurt.. make sure to have your fights in a closed are and maybe sometimes.. DON'T HAVE THEM? << :nods:

There is also the problem with.... the children... I mean it's cool and all that parents let their little kids or whatever go to con, ne? But seriously.. Fanime can't really be considered PG. What me and my friends end up doing it going at everything PG-13. We shouldn't have to go any lower than that.. How is this problem related to the otaku.. Well, they are the ones who would be considered the worst influence around the children. :nods:

What should be done? << (About the second problem, because there are already some nice solutions about the first problem.)

Moonblossom

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"another one is that you are at an anime convention and people are in elaborate costumes, so please be careful when walking, as you may step on their costumes and ruin them.

By the same token, people with really big elaborate costumes need to pay attention to their surroundings and the people aruond them. I've never been to Fanime, but I can't begin to count the number of times I was whacked by weapons, wings, or god knows what else, while I was standing in one place (at a booth or whatever, or even at one point while I was -working- in a booth) at AX last summer, and the summer before that.

Costume-based courtesy has to work both ways.