2006 Attendence Figures?

Started by KithKanan, June 03, 2006, 12:44:23 PM

KithKanan

I've been coming to FanimeCon since 2001 (I missed '03), and this is the first year at the SJCC that didn't feel at least a little "empty" to me.  I know last year Fanime had somewhere in the 7-8K range, and I heard another 2K were expected this year.  

Does anyone at Registration have any info on how many people actually showed up that they would be willing to share?
Kickin' it Old-skool.

AMKestrel

Quote from: "KithKanan"I've been coming to FanimeCon since 2001 (I missed '03), and this is the first year at the SJCC that didn't feel at least a little "empty" to me.  I know last year Fanime had somewhere in the 7-8K range, and I heard another 2K were expected this year.  

Does anyone at Registration have any info on how many people actually showed up that they would be willing to share?
In the notes I posted from the feedback session, it was reeported that there were approximately 3,000 prereg and 7,000 at-con registrations, topping us out just over 10,000 this year; the rest of the notes can be read here:
http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=5051#118942

Sen

I thought there were more than 8,000 on-site??
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

AMKestrel

Quote from: "Sen"I thought there were more than 8,000 on-site??
Could be--I just know the number reported at the feedback panel was 7,000.  They may have been going with a conservative number because they didn't have an actual count yet.  I *would* like to hear a real tally at some point.  ^_^

astroboy

Any chance at getting the stats on how many staffers Fanime has? I've noticed that (in general) as a con gets bigger it's staff to attendee ratio gets smaller. just wanna test my theory.  8)

ADORABLEAZN06

fanime con 06 does not seem very crowded as i expected!
anime expo was very crowed in 05!!!
hahahahah!!!
but in dfealer's room, lareine cd's area is very croded because everyone is in love with kamijo and with those cool gothic magazines.....
and i bought so much stuffffff, those dir en grey t-shirts, and naruto stuffed animels, and necklaces...

Tony

Quote from: "astroboy"Any chance at getting the stats on how many staffers Fanime has? I've noticed that (in general) as a con gets bigger it's staff to attendee ratio gets smaller. just wanna test my theory.  8)
There were 501 people on staff this year, but probably only 70-80% showed up.

--

As for the number, there are any number of methods for counting. I don't have the official numbers. But, in terms of the sheer number of people who paid for a badge, there was a little over 8,000 I think. Then there's the FanimeCon staff, SJCC/Civic/San Jose staff, Dealers, Press/Media, Industry, free Child badges, Guests of Honor and their entourage... ...if you put in all of these numbers and make estimates for people who snuck in, it's well over 10,000.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

astroboy

Thanks for the numbers Tony.  8)

topnotch97

nice numbers there.
do we have stats on how many attendees from around the area, outside of the area, and out of state?
just curious.
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D