Metal Headband (based off of but not related to Naruto)

Started by ZETA SHINTANi, June 04, 2006, 12:40:20 AM

ZETA SHINTANi

Hey I was wondering if any of you cosplayers know how to make something similar to those metal Naruto headbands. I actually kind of wanted one before but I'm not much of a big Naruto fan, so I decided to try and make my own with its own design logo. I've seen this...

http://thegoban.com/massey/index.php?showtopic=635

It's pretty okay, but it seems pretty mediocre and I wanna make something that will last (umm not cardboard... something very durable). Anyone have any ideas?

LET'S HUMAN SEQUENCER THIS SH!T!!

AnnoyedWabbit

go to a hardware/home improvement store and get thin metal flashing. Cut out the shape with tin snips, and make the three holes in either side by pounding a nail through the flashing with a hammer. It's easy, just remember to put a piece of scrap wood underneath... Then you could rivet it to fabric. Use something like twill or lightweight denim, something that's strong but not too bulky. Designs could be sccompished through permanent marker or masking the design off and using spraypaint primer. After you're dome, you might want to give the metal a coat of some sort of varnish, like incra-lack or synthetic laquer, just to keep it shiny.
Cosplay Fanime 2009:
Alcia Melchiott and Welkin Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles)
Can I actually finish this without a)failing out of my senior year and b)killing myself? Only time will tell.