2007 Hotel Prices

Started by Asa_Gohan, June 06, 2006, 11:45:00 PM

Kazuko

x: hmmm i hope king rooms are big, I have a group to house for that weekend T^T oh lawdy

Moonblossom

King rooms are generally intended for two people, possibly three if you ask for a rollaway. The beds may be big, but the rooms might not. If you're housing a group, for safety, legality, and security, you might want to consider a suite of some sort.

I know the Marriott is entirely non-smoking, but does anyone know if the block of rooms Fanime gets at the Hilton contains any smoking rooms? Cause that would be rather grand. Or could I just request one?

Barnes

The Hilton does have smoking floors.

EDIT: I also need to know about the taxes and fees, etc. I want to know if those have gone up.
For example, Craige told me years ago that it was:
8.25% state tax
10% Hotel tax

All I want to know is, have those rates gone up?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Moonblossom

Great, thanks. That significantly impacts my hotel descision. Heh.

The comforters at the Hilton are sort of hideous (Toucan Sam's bathroom floor after a night of too many Mai Tais anyone?), but the smoking rooms are a big plus.

Does anyone know if they charge for wireless access in the rooms? I know the Marriott is $9.95 a night! o.O

FanFicGuru

The taxes for the hotels haven't gone up. I'm staying at the Marriott in about a week and the taxes are about the same.

As for internet pricing, yeah I think it's 9.95 per set of 24 hours. I'm not exactly sure. Either way...it depends on how important your internet is to you while you're at the con.

Marriott ftw. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Pretear2004

When can we start making reservations? I tried to call in to make it, but they said it wasn't available yet. Will be posting a sign on your main page? I just don't want to go without a room...  :?

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "Tony"Dec 1st is the projected opening for hotel reservations... prices should be released then as well, I think...

So hopefully soon.  :D

And as far as I remember internet was free at the Sainte Claire last year.

FanFicGuru

While it's true that rooms go really quick, if you don't get a room the day they open on the 1st that hardly means that you won't get a room at all. It wasn't until early April that rooms were hitting critical mass...and I don't foresee such a surge of new attendees that not getting a room the day they're open means not getting a room at all.

Just a word for those of you who might be freaking out. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tuplica

Quote from: "Moonblossom"King rooms are generally intended for two people, possibly three if you ask for a rollaway. The beds may be big, but the rooms might not. If you're housing a group, for safety, legality, and security, you might want to consider a suite of some sort.

I seem to remember that last year part of the rate deal for getting a king-sized bed in a Hilton room was that you couldn't get a rollaway... I'm not entirely sure on this, though...

Quote from: "Moonblossom"Does anyone know if they charge for wireless access in the rooms? I know the Marriott is $9.95 a night! o.O

I don't recall the Hilton having wireless access in the rooms at all.  They have an ethernet port you can use (yes, you have to pay per night for it) but when I did a search for wireless networks from my room there weren't any.  There is the free wireless downstairs, though, a nice perk.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Moonblossom

Quote from: "Tuplica"
Quote from: "Moonblossom"Does anyone know if they charge for wireless access in the rooms? I know the Marriott is $9.95 a night! o.O

I don't recall the Hilton having wireless access in the rooms at all.  They have an ethernet port you can use (yes, you have to pay per night for it) but when I did a search for wireless networks from my room there weren't any.  There is the free wireless downstairs, though, a nice perk.
O blargagg :(

Though I suppose it's not the end of the world. The primary reason I'm greedy for teh intarnets is to talk to my best friend, who (barring some sort of massive catastrophe) will be in the room with me anyways.

MonkeyRikku

Is the saint claire going to be avalable this year too? cuz it was totally cheap, even if the rooms were mega small. Plus, they didn't seem to have too big a problem with large groups of people in one room as long as they didn't see it.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

Moonblossom

Does the Sainte Claire have a pool, or smoking rooms? I couldn't find reference to a pool on their site, or any mention of smoking either way (entirely forbidden or smoking rooms or what..)

It's a cute-looking hotel, and the free wireless everywhere is a nice bonus. It'd depend on how much the rooms end up being though.

MonkeyRikku

sad to say, there's no pool, and really no smoking, but thats more cuz it's a historical place or something. The rooms are fine for about  3-4 people though, even if we did have abot 7-8 in our room the last night.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

Moonblossom

Hrm.. those are both things I was rather looking for. Size isn't really an issue, since we'd be two people.

Barnes

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"For $340 all weekend...

How did you figure that out? :?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

arcadiapandora

Due to some issues last year, me and my friends didn't get our reservation in until mid-May <3.

Even with that extremely late reservation, we still managed to book two nights in one hotel and the last night in the other. Was kind of a pain, but better than nothing at all.

So I wouldn't be worried about lack of hotels, as long as you're not incredibly picky about where you're staying.

I for one will be getting our reservation asap at the Marriot. I'm so excited ;D
<3

sailormoonhdn

I would still prefer the hilton I guess...I kinda hate waiting for the elevator at the marriott. I think this year I would limit myself to the amount of people in a room. I mean last year, we had 13 ppl in one room (double room) It was kinda hard having to wait on the bathroom, and there was no walkway because of all the merchandise we bought. so this the king room sounds pretty good for me!
I thinks it's going to be more than $340 for the weekend.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Barnes"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"For $340 all weekend...

How did you figure that out? :?

I'd say it's a rather complicated math process thingie.... I don't fully understand it myself to be honest... My best guess would be that it is just that ... a guess...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...