Bring Eurobeat People to Fanime '07!

Started by zoupzuop2, June 14, 2006, 12:05:13 AM

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "Tsuchimi Rin-chan"Another good Japanese Eurobeat/J-pop Group I want to suggest to the con would be Hinoi Team lead by Hinoi Asuka.  They did the closing song of the Ichigo 100% Anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinoi_Team
AWP! Hinoi Team??? I hate to say it, but as big as Fanime is, I doubt it has enough power to request the one and only Hinoi Team. It'd almost be easier to request George W. Bush to come down cosplaying Sailor Moon. While it'd be an EXCELLENT idea, and I'd be all for it, AVEX is a God amongst music entities. What Sony and MCA are to America (really big names that you pretty much can't escape), AVEX is to Japan and just about anywhere else it happens to touch. If they were the ones in charge of releasing Reel Big Fish's albums to Japan, and manage a Hip Hop, Eurobeat, Rock, J-Pop... it's just hard to see a huge tycoon giving up one of their prized moneymakers for a "small deal" like--

Wait a minute. m.o.v.e is from AVEX too, isn't it? That means--
--oh, wow. We could actually do that. However, it'd be better to let m.o.v.e do their thing and let AVEX see if it's profitable enough to send their prized moneymaking music team over here. (Bonus points if we can bring Franz Tornado and his Bazooka family over here too!)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

jinnai_animexcalibur

Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

zoupzuop2

Who oh WHO would revive this topic other than myself? Hmmm...

...anyway, given that MOVE was granted some space to travel the conventions of America, I think it gives Fanime some leway to try to book them (as well as some other Big acts... even Dave Rodgers himself once said he wanted to do some touring in the United States) for 2008.

Crackpr0n made a fair point... Eurobeat (in Japan) is dying down. But, does that necessarily mean that its popularity amongst some American fans is doomed to die as well? I've seen more people getting INTO Eurobeat lately than people getting OUT of it. If it was such a dead genre, why would they be putting out more albums (and having them sell quite well, even in the cold-to-it Japan)?
Or, IF it's such a dying genre in Japan, and it's grown less important, I'm sure that Avex would not mind so much to let the artists try their hand in some small American jaunts 'n whatnot. Y'know, a genre's dying wish or something.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

abcbadcat

Eurobeat in 08!!!

They had ZZ last year which wasn't Eurobeat but they were on the Avex Mode label which also distributes the Super Eurobeat albums and if you could contact those guys you could see what happens.

zoupzuop2

Quote from: abcbadcat on October 24, 2007, 01:10:55 AM
Eurobeat in 08!!!

They had ZZ last year which wasn't Eurobeat but they were on the Avex Mode label which also distributes the Super Eurobeat albums and if you could contact those guys you could see what happens.
That's TRUE! I totally forgot about that!

As for whom to book, while I'd imagine that ABeatC would be the SIMPLEST to request, I doubt they'd be the EASIEST to book. They've got a bit more star-power than the other labels and would be, I imagine, in higher demand. However, the chance to come over to America might be just interesting enough to at least have consent on both ends of the divide. Push comes to shove, though, I imagine that AVEX Mode would be more willing to send someone from, say, Delta, Akyr, SCP, or Hi-NRG Attack. TIME would be a poor choice because they don't promote their artists well enough to have enough recognition, and their only really big name (Symbol) is sort of short on material. SAIFAM wouldn't work because Mauro Farina's in just too darn high demand in Italy. Then again, we'll just have to see what happens if this were to take place.  :)