Help me~!

Started by hosoi-koe, June 17, 2006, 11:07:56 PM

hosoi-koe

Ooookay... I realize there are so many different costumes that I want to cosplay in, but (1) I cannot sew very well, and (2) asking for a comission and getting wigs can cost A LOT. I'm not really in the situation where I can afford all these types of things at regular prices. T__T I'm not talking about an unrealistic amount of costumes, either-- maybe around 5 or 6 cosplays, and some are fairly easy-looking. What would you do in this situation? Discuss, please~!

If anyone is up for comissioning, I live in the San Mateo County, and my AIM is Nekorin47. D:
~ Jun Watarase <3

bahamutknightzero

WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Sorry for that reaction, but I'm also in San Mateo County. This a total surprise. Well the question would be which characters you like since there are a number of easy ones,

zoupzuop2

I had a budget of about $10. Y'know what I did?
I looked around the house, found a few things, whipped 'em together...

...and voila! Under $10 Ranma Saotome.
It wasn't much good, in my opinion, and depended on a limited supply of (Bad) haircolor.
I'm sure you can do better than I can. Just think of a series you like, pick a character you like, and work from there.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

hosoi-koe

Quote from: "bahamutknightzero"WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Sorry for that reaction, but I'm also in San Mateo County. This a total surprise. Well the question would be which characters you like since there are a number of easy ones,

Saa... the list of costumes? Let's see.

Raenef - Demon Diary
Primula - Shuffle! (I just need the wig, for this one.)
Haruhi - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Weda - Jungle wo Itsumo, Hale Nochi Guu
Suzurin - Suigetsu
Bridget - Guilty Gear X
Souseiseki - Rozen Maiden
Kohaku - Melty Blood
Shana - Shakugan no Shana

I also need to have my partner cosplay, too.

Eclipse - Demon Diary
Rin - Shuffle!
Dr. Clive - Jungle wo Itsumo, Hale nochi Guu
Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden

Yeah. That's what I can think of on the top of my head. XD;
~ Jun Watarase <3

bahamutknightzero

About the cheapness thing, the Greed costume I used was kinda done on the cheap and on the fly too. Bought the black shirt I used underneath for $10, bought the black shirt/vest thing for $20, bought the armbands for $16, had the black pants, glasses and shoes at home. Only hard thing was finding the right fur, sewing it on and stuffing it (had this done by my sister since she can sew). Anyways, I would have to see these characters to see what they look like since the only one I have seen before is Bridget.

bahamutknightzero

Raenef - Demon Diary - Looks simple enough to do.
Primula - Shuffle! - I agree on the wig thing being the only thing stopping you on this one.
Haruhi - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu  - Also looks easy.
Weda - Jungle wo Itsumo, Hale Nochi Guu - Looks easy.
Suzurin - Suigetsu - Found no photos
Bridget - Guilty Gear X - Depends if you can find something that looks like his/her dress and then there's also the headcloth. I would say try looking around for people that are cosplaying as Guilty Gear characters for help on that one.
Souseiseki - Rozen Maiden - Looks easy
Kohaku - Melty Blood - Looks easy
Shana - Shakugan no Shana - Looks easy
Eclipse - Demon Diary - Looks easy
Rin - Shuffle! - Looks easy
Dr. Clive - Jungle wo Itsumo, Hale nochi Guu - Found no photo
Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden - Looks easy

I have to agree with zoupzuop2 here and say go with the characters you like and work from there.