Anime Club Panel

Started by damatte, June 22, 2006, 02:54:43 PM

damatte

I was thinking maybe there can be an Anime Club panel for next year's con. For like anime club officers (of their schools and such) and like those who are intrested. Because I'm soon to be the vice-president of my club, and my friends who's also officers are stuck on a lot of stuff. So maybe the panel can give officers advice and maybe set up like an alliance with each other so then we can help each other out if our club's doing an event and needs help...I don't know, just an idea...

Fain Erevast

Sounds interesting, I'll mention it to my club when school starts again and see if they would be interested in checking it out. ^_^

damatte

Haha, ask your club if they're willing to be friends with Andrew P Hill's Anime Club :D My club is hoping to hook up with other anime clubs to promote the whole anime fan community thing and stuff. And like when one member needs something, maybe members from the other club can help :D Don't know how we'll pull it off though -_-;;;

Fain Erevast

I'd be glad to speak to my club once the school year starts. ^_^
Where are you guys located? We're in Modesto. ;P

damatte

Modesto? That's farrrrrrrrrr~! Well that's what my friend says, I suck when it comes to roads, streets, highways, place, anything directions-wise, lol. Think of me of like Ryoga from Ranma 1/2, lol. We're somewhere on Senter Road, that is all I know, lol. And my school's in the East Side Union High School District, long stupid name, I don't think half my friends don't even know what district we're in cuz of that, lol.

My friend just told me Modesto's another city....are you SERIOUS? I'm in San Jose, lol.

uzutake

Yea~~~~~~h, East Side San Jose High Schools! xD

Well, I dont go to high school yet, but our district supports yours xD

My soon-to-be anime club is...er...middle-school...is that still okay? I bet we'd be oh so very interested in this...since about 98% of the whole entire school have never even heard of anime clubs nor have they heard of an anime convention...and about 75% of them havent heard of anime...so...they need help. >w<UU And this panel'll be perfect! Also, I think there's another thread in General Anime Chat or Things In The Universe that talks about having anime club-like activites.

Maybe you should talk to them about it too, maybe work something out.

damatte

East Side's the best :D Hahaha, hella gay though, we're flat broke @_@ Hahahah, I'll talk to the other officers, although you middle school kids got my support :D I'll come help if I can, we need to help the little kiddies! lol, no offense, even if you're taller then me but younger, I'll call you a little kiddy :D Hopefully Fanime people has stuff for clubs...isn't like half of the fans that go in a anime club anyways? That's what I think...I don't know who to talk to about it though, I didn't talk to Fanime people except the volunteers (my friends :D). Sucks though, I think my friends might know someone, but I highly doubt it, but I'll try and represent the clubs ^^

uzutake

Then I'm little kiddy now lol xDDD

There's a "Panel and Workshop Suggestion for 2007" thread in this forum, you can suggest it there. And it is still a bit early so I dont think there're any "Head of Workshops/Panels" yet or anything. But I'm pretty sure that if you have a thread here and then suggest it again in that thread(I hope it isnt against the rules though >.<) then probably a moderator'll find it and think of something.

Oh, and when the 2007 website opens, I'm pretty sure there'll be contact information to put up a panel/workshop. I believe sometime in late summer.

Hope this comes to happen(unless there was already something like this...dang illegible schedules! TT3TT)

damatte

Man, I've been freakin' impatient, waiting for the 2007 site to be put up, maybe it's just because I'm an impatient person in the first place  :D It's just 'cause I don't want to make plans with Fanime and then there's new rules to prevent me from doing what my club wants, so yeah...I'm not really clear on this whole panel stuff, I never went to one, I GLIMPSED one, but I was just looking for a certain video programming room :)

Hoepfully your plan works Uzutake, I can't stand the fact that most anime clubs are just a group of kids watching anime. Rawrr...hopefully if we have this panel, it'll change things. And yes...those schedules were freakin' hard to read...I had to squint to read them....

Fain Erevast

Modesto is 1 and 1/2 to 2 hour drive from San Jose, not to horribly far,
but far none the less. ^_^;

damatte

Well as long as you guys are fine with driving all the way to San Jose, than it's okay, maybe you guys can do carpool :)

Fain Erevast

Well, my mom and I take trips over to Kinokunia practically every other month, so we could probably use that as an excuse for bringing club members over... 8)

damatte

What/where is Kinokunia? Slick though, man, lol

Spiritsnare

Kinokuniya Bookstore is just off of Saratoga Avenue. It's a Japanese bookstore that has nearly every piece of reading material an otaku needs. XD Books (manga included) are in both English and Japanese.
epic progressive

vox

damatte

OoO...I needa go there one day, lol. I never even heard of it o_0

thebrain2u

Kinokuniya is one of my favorite stores. Walking in there just makes me want to spend money, haha.

Fain Erevast

The only things I ever get from there are the copic pens, my mom buys a ton of manga though. ^_^;

damatte

Wowwww...copic pens?! o_0 They cost A LOT, man! Gosh, I sorta wished I had them, they seem so cool and it's like every manga artist has them @_@ Although, so pricey, plus I feel more accomplished if I say, "I can use pastels, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, etc." than just "I know how to use copic markers..."

I like my individuality, lol. Do they have other art supplies there? I can tell my club's members about it, because there might be a few artists next year :D  (I pray there will be...)

Note: There's no more clubs that's wishing to be affiliated...!  :cry:

We can have what I plan with just three clubs! It'd be lame! >< Please try to contact other school's club and see if they're intrested, please!

Fain Erevast

Well, I have over 20 copic pens myself, I've been collecting them for years now though. >.<
I love using them, they blend very nicely and can be used with colored pencil to produce dazzling results. ^_^
(Wow, I sound like an infomercial. -_-; )
Actually, I use pastels, chalk and colored pencil as well, just not as often, no watercolor though....

They have stuff for calligraphy, oragami and some colored pencils.
They also sometimes have some high-quality paper there too. ^_^

damatte

I need to stop by, I'm just so tempted, lol. Do they have manga-size paper or whatnot? I'm looking for those paper that when copied/scanned the lines (some blue lines that act as borders for you) won't show up, forgot what they were called, it seems useful though...

I'm worried about the club affiliations thing...only two schools not including Andrew Hill, geeeehhhh...!! ><