Anime Club Panel

Started by damatte, June 22, 2006, 02:54:43 PM

uzutake

Quote from: "damatte"Wowwww...copic pens?! o_0 They cost A LOT, man! Gosh, I sorta wished I had them, they seem so cool and it's like every manga artist has them @_@ Although, so pricey, plus I feel more accomplished if I say, "I can use pastels, colored pencils, watercolor pencils, etc." than just "I know how to use copic markers..."

I like my individuality, lol. Do they have other art supplies there? I can tell my club's members about it, because there might be a few artists next year :D  (I pray there will be...)

Note: There's no more clubs that's wishing to be affiliated...!  :cry:

We can have what I plan with just three clubs! It'd be lame! >< Please try to contact other school's club and see if they're intrested, please!

Well, it's still summer and I have absolutely no contact with any other clubs and most clubs might not have an account on this BBS so they dont know anything about this whole thing...

I hope I make sense ^^U

So this is pretty much just a waiting game now...

Spiritsnare

They stock stationery, but I haven't searched hard enough for Deleter tones or paper.

I've seen (and purchased) Copic paper...
epic progressive

vox

damatte

True...it's still summer...but I'm bored and I need to occupy my time while I waste away in summer school...I'm making myself busy on purpose, lol. I'm planning like EVERYTHING for like the Fanime table and everything @_@ Hahaha, I'm impatient...waiting game...rawr....might as well focus my attention on other stuff. But I don't know how I'm gonna contact other clubs, I tried Gaia Online, Xtremeliquid Forums, and this place, it's true not everyone might have an account here, but I don't know where else to turn. I guess I'll have to ask people I know...

Staitonery? How cheap? 'Cause me club wants to make a club scrapbook with pics from every event, etc. Oo, screentones, I'll have to look for that at Kinokuniya in the future.

What's copic paper?

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "damatte"What's copic paper?

It's paper for use with Copic markers. As such, they won't bleed through. The stock feels rather good, and it's not too heavy, either.
epic progressive

vox

damatte

Ooh...dang, I seriously wanna stop by there o_0 Copic markers are like $5 each, huh?

EdOfNoName

It's probably painfully obvious based on my signature that I led the Anime Club Panel at Fanime2k5 and I'm darn proud of it. I sent a wishy washy message about doing it again for last Fanime because I didn't want to monopolize it if someone else wanted to do it. Then nothing happened.

If anyone is interested in organizing a panel for 2007 and wants to hear about what I did and my biased recollections about what the panels for 02-04 did or wants my assistance in some other way, please ask.

It's a little soon for me to know if I'd be interested in leading a panel again, but if no one else grabs it, I might...

damatte

Oh...I didn't know there was a Anime Club Panel back then...I am intrested in helping...but I'd be worthless considering I'm a FUTURE club officer, my term starts as soon as school starts....

Spiritsnare

See, the problem with your ideas right now is that they're hypothetical -- you're thinking quite far ahead, but does your president know of this? I'm a bit worried, because you've said the following in the Calling All High School AniClubs thread:

Quote from: "damatte"It's just the officers are a tad eccentric, so we're planning ahead, hahah.

Unfortunately, even though your officers are, as you say, eccentric, I'd prefer if we had something solid to base our supposed affiliation on...^^;

Actually, check your PMs.
epic progressive

vox

damatte

To those who were intrested in the high school anime club affiliation,
sorry for thinking too far ahead, I figured we need something planned before we actually get things prepped up for it. For those who want a solid base so you know what to expect...the basics is a club competetion/party. We will have various events which club members can compete in to decide who is the best anime club and have more of those party/competitions to see if the club can defend their title. Whoever gets the most wins/points (given to each race and such) or protects their title the longest will be anime club of the year. We wanted a trophy or something of the like awarded to the winning club, but those are expensive, so a plaque will do, or a certificate of some sort. Other than that, we will arrange for each club participating in this event to bring food for a big potluck so club members can get their tummy filled, can meet other anime fans from other schools, and exchange ideas or just talk about anime. We will arrange a tradeoff, so say if one fan has an unwanted anime DVD, they can trade with others or sell it off, rather than let it gather dust. Other than that, we will have clubs exchange ideas, so if one club wants to fundraise, but can't think of what to fundraise, maybe another club can help. If one club needs more helping hands on a project, maybe another club can plan out how they can help the other club. For HOW this is going to all happen, we will choose a park not too far away from any school that has many tables and such and has a lot of open room for the competitions. We will plan for each club to bring a certain type of food (like appetizers, desserts, etc.), the competitions can be like normal old hacky sack races, tug-o-war, and other sports/anime-knowledge related events. For the supplies for the events themselves, each school can contribute, someone's got to have something we need, if not, we can buy it, what we need is most likely not that expensive. For the anime tradeoff, we'll set up something like artist alley at Fanime, and have people (officers mainly) watching to make sure no one tries to steal from the buyer (it's bound to happen).

And by the way, our club president has approved of this affiliation long ago and left this in my hands due to the fact that she has other things to attend to (i.e. summer school).

Any other questions, or need-to-know's about my affiliation idea? Feel free to ask, I'll clear up all misunderstandings and the like here nd now.

damatte

All affiliation related business (discussions, etc.) will be put on hold until the school year starts. I've got plenty of messages that say things such as "I'll have to ask the club president when the school year starts". Considering there's lots of maybe's, not that many yes's the affiliation thing is at a 50/50 chance. We'll have to see how many schools will be participating before things get decided and hopes rise that may be crushed.

Sorry for being pessimistic, but it's the truth.

RyannBTW

Hm, advice from more experienced leaders as well as alliances could be very useful.  Plus, I might even be able to scope out a replacement.
Find me on Gaia:  Indigo Project

Current projects:
Merciful Goddess (Saiyuki):100%
InuYasha + Tetsusaiga: 100%
SnJ Shikamaru: 75%
Soi Fong (Bleach): 15%