2007 idea

Started by damatte, June 22, 2006, 03:00:57 PM

damatte

-Something for anime clubs (like events to see who's the best and yahh...) need to build loyalty to clubs, ya'know
-Artist Alley, someway for minors to participate too, how the heck is some of us going to sell our stuff if we can't get a seller's permit? What're we supposed to do? Hook up with some other table? Ask our parents???

By the way, there IS a lot of school anime clubs that go to Fanime, right? I know my school does.

Fain Erevast

Events to see whose best?
Wow, our club would lose so fast! XD

I love the idea of minors getting into the artist alley, I'm having to share a table with my friend, who happens to be able to get a seller's permit, cause I'm only going to be 17. ^_^

Well, our entire club doesn't go, we don't have that kind of budget(thanks to our bloody school  :evil: ) but we do get a few members together so some of us can go.

damatte

Ahhh! I know how you feel! My club'd lose fast too, considering it's current reputation. Somehow every knows our club's been lazy and boring. But it's gonna change next year 'cause of me and my friends >:D We don't know what to do about the table T_T We don't know anyone that's in Artist Alley *sighs* We're trying every loophole we can, but I think hooking up with someone else will be our best chance. Need to find someone *rawr....we need stuff for minors, man! XD Hahaha, don't forget about poor lil us :D

Fain Erevast

Our club is known for being unruly, noisy, and...unorganized. >.>
What do you plan on doing? Any ideas you have could possibly help our sorry little community. XP

Hooking up with someone for this is the only possibility for those like us...to young to do anything, but ambition enough to get it done.
Quite an agony neh? ^_^;

damatte

Our club's just known for being cruddy, lol. The 2006-2007 officers (including myself) are trying our best to improve, but we need help. So I thought we could hook up with other San Jose High School anime clubs (I posted this somewhere else on this forum...) so we can help improve each other's clubs :D

Suggestions for your club:
-Classes for your members (CGing, drawing anime, etc.)
-Contests (any will do, some people just love competition, lol)
-Be activeee!!! Don't be like my club! ><
-Fundraise, it helps make your club seem active, lol
-Get to know your members, just do it, lol

I can't think of any more at the moment, my club's suffering because of this too! >< Try looking around on Google of what other clubs have done.

And btw...you think you can hook up my club with a table? We have no other alternative besides dragging an adult with us, but that's like not ever gonna happen *cries* And my club can't afford to all go too. It's just over half of our member go to Fanime, so yeahhh

Fain Erevast

Google ideas? Brilliant! XD
I can't belive we never thought of that!

Hook you guys up with a table?
Oh dear...well I'll ask around...
Heck, next year we might get our club advisor to come with us and get a table for members of our club to share, if I could get him to then I could arrange for your club members to share it with whoever we could get from our club. ^_^

damatte

Ohhhh thank you! >< I've been totally going ballistic over all this @_@ It's a load off my mind. Even if it's a maybe, lol. It at least means there's a chance ^^ There's some ideas on the internet for anime clubs, but it takes a lot of searching *sighs* I mostly grabbed ideas from college kids :D Hahahaha.

THIS is a MUST SEE. I found it extremely useful :) It may not have a lot of idaes, but it has the essentials of pretty much any anime club.[/url]

uzutake

All I say is...

HECK YEAH! Competition between anime clubs...another thing my school can be proud of! xD Can middle school clubs participate? And what kind of stuff? Loyalty...er...I dont understand that part >.<

Can we build affiliations through it? What'll we do? Most anime clubs are little conventions themselves...wow, it'd be so weird, yet awesome, to have a mini convention in an official convention. 8DD

Actually...we dont really have a club yet since it's summer, but once we officially make it, we're fundraising to go to Fanime! : D!!! I'd definately want this! ^w^

damatte

Yayyyy! ^^ I don't see why middle school clubs can't participate, I don't know, I'll have to talk with the other officers, mainly secretary because she's like our mommy, hahahah. But honestly, I'm happy, I don't care if it's middle school :) It'd be fun to get them all excited about high school clubs too :D

Uhhh...the whole loyalty thing? I just want idividual clubs to be more close-knit, 'cause my school's club itself...? It's not so great, everyone just hangs with their own groups and don't really talk to others, I just mean make more friends in the club and get them closer, ya know?

I don't actually have a plan at the moment...ahaha, it's a thought in process, although the affiliation is already beginning, we dragged in Mount Pleasant and the president likes the idea too! ^^ I'm not officially vice president either, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead :) I was hoping we have a whole big freaking party, and just have staright up competitions between clubs, like I dunno, tug-o-war and stuff? Like have a party early in the year to introduce the clubs to our whole plan and stuff, have a party in the middle, before Fanime and after and have a party end of the year for sure :)

My head's full of party XD

uzutake

Quote from: "damatte"Yayyyy! ^^ I don't see why middle school clubs can't participate, I don't know, I'll have to talk with the other officers, mainly secretary because she's like our mommy, hahahah. But honestly, I'm happy, I don't care if it's middle school :) It'd be fun to get them all excited about high school clubs too :D

Uhhh...the whole loyalty thing? I just want idividual clubs to be more close-knit, 'cause my school's club itself...? It's not so great, everyone just hangs with their own groups and don't really talk to others, I just mean make more friends in the club and get them closer, ya know?

I don't actually have a plan at the moment...ahaha, it's a thought in process, although the affiliation is already beginning, we dragged in Mount Pleasant and the president likes the idea too! ^^ I'm not officially vice president either, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead :) I was hoping we have a whole big freaking party, and just have staright up competitions between clubs, like I dunno, tug-o-war and stuff? Like have a party early in the year to introduce the clubs to our whole plan and stuff, have a party in the middle, before Fanime and after and have a party end of the year for sure :)

My head's full of party XD

That certainly sounds fun! Usual old anime clubs are pretty boring(watching anime, drawing manga, reading manga...gets boring after a while...) but with these parties and games...YA~~~~Y!

((And woops, this was the thread I was talking about >< I didnt know you made 2 of them stupid me for not looking at the authors. Sorry! >__________________<UUU Dont I feel stupid))

damatte

Hahaha, it's cool, I would've done the same thing ^^ So all we need to do is drag in other schools into this affilitation, so we currently have your middle school,  uzutake (which is what, by the way?) and Mt. Pleasant. And there's Fain Everest's school in Modesto, and she's intrested, but I don't know how I'm gonna coordinate that in. Try getting San Jose schools in (no elemantary please...they're just a tad bit too young). So once the school year starts, I'll start talking to the other Presidents & Vice Presidents and start setting up the parties and such ^^

uzutake

My school's Ocala Middle and I think I can get Quimby's club in too(I think they have one too ><)

Wow, San Jose and Modesto...I just hope we'll meet somewhere near here O_OU

Fain Erevast

Wow, is Modesto really a problem?
We're sorry that we're in the middle of nowhere, really we are. :(

damatte

Cool, Uzutake, I wish Sylvandale Middle School, a lot of the kids go to Andrew Hill afterwards, tood bad they don't have a middle school.

It's cool Fain, I'll find a way :) Don't worry, I WANT you guys there too ^^

Fain Erevast

Where there's a will, there's a way? XP

damatte

damatte

Note: There's no more clubs that's wishing to be affiliated...!  :cry:

We can have what I plan with just three clubs! It'd be lame! >< Please try to contact other school's club and see if they're intrested, please!

Spiritsnare

Are you sure?

PM Chun. He was the former president for the Santa Clara High School Anime Club. He can link you to the current prez.
epic progressive

vox

Monica

Well I'd toss in my schools club but sadly all the good anime fans (myself included) are in the art club instead of the anime club. This happening caused the anime club to fall apart so we only have our art club. Which has... 6 or 7 members planning to go to fanime. Though we do have 12 people from our school planning to come so I'll see if they are interested in doing anything.

I am also looking to get into artist alley but am also I minor so if someone could possibly set me up or let me leech of their table I would be greatful.

M

Quote from: "damatte"-Artist Alley, someway for minors to participate too, how the heck is some of us going to sell our stuff if we can't get a seller's permit? What're we supposed to do? Hook up with some other table? Ask our parents???
I believe that the seller's permit is a San Jose thing (read: LEGAL).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!