guilty gear xx#R/slash tournament

Started by 24ji, August 01, 2006, 12:47:10 AM

24ji

so..yea..it's early but im thinking why not have a GGXX#R or Slash tournamnet for next years fanime. anyone up for it? im kinda itchin for some competition

Emerge

i've been down for this ever since 2 years ago. i really wanna see this happen this year more than ever. i hope no technicalities happen like this year that prevents it from going down without a hitch. if it does happen, id prefer it on console with a B.Y.O.C option for those who have their preferences

Emerge

bump

cmon, people. i know some of you want this to happen just as much as we do; if not, more. i wanted this to happen SOOO badly last year. i started a topic, got more than 100 posts, and...well, if you've been paying attention you know what happened. that was the 2nd time that something happened to the potential for a GG tourney. if it happens this year, its gonna be a release, if you will, of tension that has been building up.

hopefully the third time's the charm and this year fanime and e-gaming can see a guilty gear tournament...and possibly many more to come

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I'm still kinda disappointed that it didnt happen. If anyone is interesting in helping us host this or "otherwise", contact me. Its early to announce something, but we do keep an eye on suggestions.

(Contact info: either by PM here, or @ e-gaming at fanime.com . non-linked for anti-spam reasons)
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

zoupzuop2

The challenge will be to get people NOT to pick Bridget.  :P
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Asa_Gohan

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Emerge

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"The challenge will be to get people NOT to pick Bridget.  :P

I dare you to try and stop me  :twisted:

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"or sol...too many sol players...

yea...even though the d-loop is "gone" and now that he has the sidewinder loop...ugh. oh well, i guess he's a lil bit on the easier side to read

Heartbreak_despair

Oh god this again... but Hell YA!!!! I'd be up for that!!!  actually me and a buddy picked up an import at expo I guess we could whore it for a tourney
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

Emerge

Quote from: "Heartbreak_despair"Oh god this again... but Hell YA!!!! I'd be up for that!!!  actually me and a buddy picked up an import at expo I guess we could whore it for a tourney

yea...this again :oops:

i know, im being kinda repetitive and obnoxious, but i cant stress enough how badly i wanted this to go down and how painful a stab in the heart it was to discover that this wasn't gonna happen. i figured that the third time could be the charm and my friend and i went for it one last time before giving up. so...CMON PEOPLE! SUPPORT PLZKTHX!!!

Heartbreak_despair

oh ya most definatly i'd be up for it!
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

Nanashi

YEAH! I'm totally up for a tourny. I'm one of the best in my city, so I wanna see how I stack up against other players from all over  :twisted:

And as for Sol, he IS my best character, but I guess I'll cut you guys some slack and sharpen my skills with Testament or Baiken.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Emerge

Quote from: "Nanashi"YEAH! I'm totally up for a tourny. I'm one of the best in my city, so I wanna see how I stack up against other players from all over  :twisted:

And as for Sol, he IS my best character, but I guess I'll cut you guys some slack and sharpen my skills with Testament or Baiken.

no...please...by all means, use sol. after all, he's the only one i can really read...I MEAN UH...the only one i have trouble with and i could use the challenge! hehe... ^_^;

Nanashi

Quote from: "Emerge"
Quote from: "Nanashi"YEAH! I'm totally up for a tourny. I'm one of the best in my city, so I wanna see how I stack up against other players from all over  :twisted:

no...please...by all means, use sol. after all, he's the only one i can really read...I MEAN UH...the only one i have trouble with and i could use the challenge! hehe... ^_^;

Even so, I've discovered (I think I did, anyways) something that with Sol that'll make any match a piece of cake, so long as I land a single Gunflame.

236P > 41236HS (x10)

It does a mean 250 damage on average, and as far as I know, you can't tech out of it.

Emerge

Quote from: "Nanashi"236P > 41236HS (x10)

It does a mean 250 damage on average, and as far as I know, you can't tech out of it.

i'm pretty sure its techable. im pretty sure you intend to do this from off the wall. if thats the case, it has to leave SOME window for teching. worst case scenario, there's always burst

Nanashi

Yeah, it is off the wall. And i've looked it over, and found that it's mostly useful against cleaning up scrubs. The one problem I have so far, is the fact that about 60% of my attacks get blocked. I need to figure out less predictable combos with Sol....

Heartbreak_despair

you could always just gun flame frc rush down

ie GF...frc if blocked either trip in to a combo or run up wild throw into an air combo (insert s, hs, sidewinder)

or just totally lock down with some of many sol's ridicoulous ground rushes gf frc rinse repeat

Emerge

that would crack any turtle nice and good. but if you're going up against someone who uses iad's like no tomorrow, you should change it up a lil w/a sidewinder here and there if we're talking slash. otherwise, maybe a bandit bringer?

ahh...dont take my word for it. im no sol user. ahemiconahem

Nanashi

I think i'll just use Baiken, i'm starting to get pretty good at it.

Btw, what's your sig from, Emerge?

Asa_Gohan

just look up dokuro chan on you tube. There are only a few episodes if im right

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Its in consideration, again. I am hopeful it will make the final cut this time. What we need to know: what verison of GG do you really want? I have someone looking into it but its all I can say.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!