guilty gear xx#R/slash tournament

Started by 24ji, August 01, 2006, 12:47:10 AM

Tsubasa

Slash is what competitive players are playing now.  I'd recommend shooting for that.  If the import PS2 version isn't available though, falling back on the domestic release of #Reload is probably the best bet.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Emerge

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Slash is what competitive players are playing now.  I'd recommend shooting for that.  If the import PS2 version isn't available though, falling back on the domestic release of #Reload is probably the best bet.

i wholeheartedly agree with this. since slash is the latest in the series (excluding accent core), it'd probably be the best choice. and if i'm not mistaken, it only has a ps2 release

Quote from: "Nanashi"Btw, what's your sig from, Emerge?

Disgaea 2. Strategy/tactics RPG. go buy the first one. NOW. then buy the second one. IN THE NEAR FUTURE. seriously, nippon ichi software only makes so many domestic copies of their games out here because of their small but loyal fanbase. so dont be surprised if they're hard to find, moreso disgaea 1 than its sequel

Nanashi

I know what Disgaea is, I've spent who knows how many hours playing it (and I don't even own it). I just havn't had a chance to play the second one yet...
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Darryl Mendoza

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would go for this tourney. I wish I could play slash. I'm really good with Jam, Millia, Chipp, Venom, Slayer, Sol, Johnny, Axl, Dizzy, and Bridget in that order. And I actually kick ass with all of them!
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Emerge

bump for 2 reasons

to gauge more interest

to see the updated situation on the possibility of this tourney coming into fluition

trupnoi

Emerge

bump again...

CMOOOONNNNN...i know you guys wanna play in a GGXX Slash tourney! plenty of solXky "goodness"! (ugh...i feel dirty saying that :? ) plenty of bridget! (DON'T TOUCH) plenty of some good ol' 90's fashioned arcade atmosphere! yeah!

Snow Ninja

Well. I guess I'll join, though I'm definitely getting rusty at it.

I use Venom or Johnny, in case anyone is interested.

Kuro Fuugetsu

Oh nice! A Slash tournament at A-Kon too, this is ownage. I'll be repping my number one fan man and my favorite ninja,  :D . I'm active primarily around Arcade Infinity and Family Fun Center[I'm in SoCal]. Oh, just a side note, I am new to the forums, so it's nice to meet you all! :)
"Tenchi ni musou no mai da" - Anji Mito, Guilty Gear XX Slash

Emerge

with the return of the boards comes the return of my BUMPing prowess :D

just to get more attention for this thing, cuz, again, i want this tourney to go down SO BAD

Heartbreak_despair

lol this again...sure i'm up for it
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

Nanashi

Yeah, i'll hop on board for this one. I'm really starting to lose my edge though  :(

Ah well, i've still got a few months left to practice.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Kazuhide Aeiji

If it's going to be Slash, I'm going to get screwed royally because my local arcade downgraded to XX which means that I haven't played it for a long time...but hey, I still have time to practice. I only have GGXX for PS2 to practice on unfortunatly... but I'd like to see some serious players up here in NorCal (although comp coming in from SoCal would probably destroy us). If I'm not playing, I can always watch I guess XD
My Ky game isn't that great.

SohmaYuki

There was one guy at the arcades that was pretty decent. He was probably the only guy there that could beat me, and we were going about 1:1.

Everyone else was rather bleh.

I didn't see STen there last year though, he's usually there to beat me when I'm drunk.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Alright...

E-Gaming can be willing do this, IF:

1) We get a copy of a Guilty Gear game, preferably either the latest or popular one. We need to know ahead of time what version (esp on what console, to see if we can support this)
2) We can get assistance in running this (since we are not familiar with this game at all)

We can do sign-up setup and the what not, but without the two requirements, we can't do it. Other than prizes (being worked on, at least last I heard from my dept head), all it needs is approval honestly.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"
We can do sign-up setup and the what not, but without the two requirements, we can't do it. Other than prizes (being worked on, at least last I heard from my dept head), all it needs is approval honestly.

Well, it all depends on interest too...there's probably a lot of people here who'd want to but people who'd actually play is a different story. I'm hoping it gets approved because I'd like to play competively with someone other than the AI lol. For some reason, I thought it was a lot more complicated than what you said O_o;

Emerge

Guilty Gear XX Slash (JP PS2) would be the prefered version of the game, as it is the latest one to come out for a home console

HentaiTentacleDemon

guilty gear console tournament? i thought OCE didn't want any consoles version of games they're already providing to be there.

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "HentaiTentacleDemon"guilty gear console tournament? i thought OCE didn't want any consoles version of games they're already providing to be there.

That's what I was thinking after I read the sticky on top. Maybe it'll just be a casual somewhere rather than an actual tourney?

SohmaYuki

Quote from: "Emerge"
Disgaea 2. Strategy/tactics RPG. go buy the first one. NOW. then buy the second one. IN THE NEAR FUTURE. seriously, nippon ichi software only makes so many domestic copies of their games out here because of their small but loyal fanbase. so dont be surprised if they're hard to find, moreso disgaea 1 than its sequel

I might be wrong, but I think he meant the image. If that's the case...

It's from Melty Blood, the fighting game based off of TsukiHime. That's Kohaku(the most loving fun caring... psychotic, manipulative, lovely in the world).

Just throw it in the hallway, like everone else does.