What do you do with your old cosplays?

Started by Barnes, August 06, 2006, 11:25:27 AM

Barnes

I've always wondered what cosplayers do with their costumes once they are done with them.
Like........
-Are the costumes stored?
-Or donated to a friend?
-Or modified for another costume?
-Are they worn again?

I have no idea :?  

What do you think?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jyunishinsho

I wear mine again and again.
Sometimes I wear them at home instead of my normal house clothes, such as Anji's hakama.
I don't want them to go to waste, that's all.

Sucrose

Ostensibly I store them in my closet to wear again, but I'll probably not wear one again until I've got a good store of them going or I run out of money with which to make new ones. *laugh* That, and I tend to lose/misplace vital pieces rather easily.
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

zoupzuop2

I plan to redo them with different stuff. I still have every ounce of material used in my Budget Ranma cosplay. I might keep some of it, too, depending on how it turns out.

I dunno if I'll be Ranma for Halloween, seeing as
*Nobody knows who that is in my neighborhood
*I've got a band gig on Halloween (located: our bass-players' garage)
*If people DID know... I'd probably be more drenched than if I hit the Log Ride at the Boardwalk... ;-;

But my options are open.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Chloe

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"I plan to redo them with different stuff. I still have every ounce of material used in my Budget Ranma cosplay. I might keep some of it, too, depending on how it turns out.

I dunno if I'll be Ranma for Halloween, seeing as
*Nobody knows who that is in my neighborhood
*I've got a band gig on Halloween (located: our bass-players' garage)
*If people DID know... I'd probably be more drenched than if I hit the Log Ride at the Boardwalk... ;-;

But my options are open.

Ooh, yeah!  Halloween!  I wonder if we'll be doing anything this year...

You can always fix your old cosplays.  You can always make room for better, heh heh.  YOu can also re-wear it, or just keep it in your closet for whatever occasion!  Family visiting?  WEAR IT!  Dance? WEAR IT! Ha ha.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

AnimeEmperor

I have an incomplete Inuyasha cosplay I haven't worn in years, but I just have it hanging in the closet.

hellangel

I sold my Kikyo cosplay almost right after I retired it. My Young Itachi cosplay has been retired, too, but I'm using a lot of it for Anbu Itachi.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Ska_Kitti

I keep my costumes for another day. Sometime they'll be needed, so I have to be ready.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

DemonLordZabuza

Well my costume...actually only one...is kinda stored but will be rebuild...because well it needs to be better...whahahaha...but othe than that the articles of clothing I still wear them...they were actually normal...haha

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Sora

Depends on the costume. I have only had two cosplays so far that are permanently on retirement. Other than that, I re-wear my cosplays again and again.
"Don't give me any orders."

Kazuko

i re-wear them till they get outgrownish and x: retire them but if they eventually cause clutter space and i will sell it

;o; but i will never sell my LOVE IS DEAD Aya

not for all the H.Naoto and Baby the stars shine bright clothes in the woooorld

Havoc-chan

I save mine and wear them over. :3 mainly because a lot of times I procrastinate on my cosplays when making them, so if I don't have enough time before the con I just wear one of my old ones. :D
2ND ANNUAL HUEG FANIME AMV GATHERING BY THE INTARNETS CAFE THAT NEEDS A SHORTER TITLE. 2007. Don't miss!~

[size=9]cosplays//2007: LOL PHOENIX WRIGHT //L  //Bossa Nova-kun  //WT Snacks [/size]

KimaLucifer

If it gets tiring I try to sell/trade it with other cosplayers in Japan using BBS boards.

I will re-wear cosplays if they're normal clothes. At least parts of it to everyday life.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.