FANIME BANDS

Started by Kegan_Flame, August 07, 2006, 04:51:24 PM

Tony

Actually I should be apologizing- that was rather curt. Sorry for getting snippy.

But, yeah, there's just so much local talent that we can't fit everyone in. It's terrible because I seriously want to, and I hate having to turn people down as well.

I've set up a small committee to go over recommendations and such, and we're already looking at everyone you've mentioned. I'm hoping to finalize everything sometime in March, assuming all goes well.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

BSaphire

Quote from: "Tony"Actually I should be apologizing- that was rather curt. Sorry for getting snippy.

But, yeah, there's just so much local talent that we can't fit everyone in. It's terrible because I seriously want to, and I hate having to turn people down as well.

I've set up a small committee to go over recommendations and such, and we're already looking at everyone you've mentioned. I'm hoping to finalize everything sometime in March, assuming all goes well.
As I am so fond of saying... Tony, "It's ALL GOOD! :P" We understand that it is a huge job and kudos for deligation ^^). I was wondering, ... is it possible to have musical guests divided so that some perform in one area and others in another....? If your Big names are on the main stage and some of the smaller ones can do something like a stage zero size stage in a different location? Maybe even a one day Music Fest on Saturday, all day long and into the night with the big headliners in the evening? One location all day music madness ^^)... just thoughts ^^)

TTFN

Arigato
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Michi

I know it's hard to get acts from Japan, but that would totally bring me to a performance. I missed out on Kamijo last year and was SO bummed.
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

Kaori

I would LOVE TegoMass to come to Fanime!! They just did a Sweedish tour, and I hope that they could possibly come stateside.

Perhaps we can get albingdon school boys. That would be an awesome concert. Or Gazette!

T_T I missed Kamijo last year. WHERE AND WHEN WAS IT?! Cuz I didn't see anything about where the concert was. I just met him at the signing!!
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Kaori"I would LOVE TegoMass to come to Fanime!! They just did a Sweedish tour, and I hope that they could possibly come stateside.

TegoMassu was only a temporary unit though...NEWS is going to be coming back from hiatus soon (they're releasing a new single in April, I believe? or was it March...puwahaha I forget), so they'd probably concentrate on promoting NEWS instead, lolll.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

PickleBunny

The Kamijo thing was around 4pm Saturday night.  We didn't really have a chance to advertise it because it was so last-minute :\
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

ichigogaaru

he's probably become too major to make it now, but...  miyavi.  oh, miyavi.
Ellegarden
Drug Store Cowboy (have they officially disbanded...?  don't seem to be active since 04, and I can't find a wiki for them)
Anna Tsuchiya
Kimura Kaela
The Pillows
Guitar Vader
LOVE PSYCHEDELICO
BENNIE K
Aikawa Nanase
D[di:]
doremidan
Camino was pretty awesome when they came...  was it three years ago?
Merry
Metronome
Kagrra
Aya
Charcoal Filter

I know it's mostly Jrock, but I feel rock has a more interesting and energetic show than pop.

I don't know if any of these names are too big, but it's worth a shot, right?  I'm not asking for, like, Amuro Namie or Shiina Ringo or Dir en grey or Bonnie Pink or Nomiya Maki or Youjeen or Kirito  (much as I'd like to).

I'll probably think of more later >_>  But if any of these bands could come, it'd be amazing

Long

I'd really like to know at least a sample of what bands we have lined up, because whether or not I attend this year will be greatly affected by it. Right now, I'm kind of iffy about whether I should attend. I want to meet my friends again, but I'm also totally broke, and I'm quite busy with school. But for a great MusicFest like we had last year, I'd definitely scrounge up as much as I can and try to hightail it back again this year. Last years con was slightly ruined for me when I staffed and missed all the major events, and also rooming with 4 strangers didn't help either. D: Can't just a few names of those likely to be shown be posted? Last year, the bands were announced quite early, and it seems to be a bit late this year.

I have to say, apart from my friends, the only reason I even attend Fanime is because of MusicFest. (Oh, and running around the convention center at 12 midnight giving people massages and freaking them out.)

YummySushi

Wow. I haven't been on the board for almost a year. But I'd like to put my request in anyway.

I'd love to see:
ArtbeaT (Jack's a total sweetie)
Karma-Shenjing (They were a hit at Jcon for 2 years)

lifey

Karma Shenjing!!! << <333!!!! Oh by the way.. my prior post was Mars, they've actually disbanded. :sad:

Rowan

i third the request for karma shenjing >v<

YummySushi

Lol. I'm guessing I wasn't the only who saw their post on myspace.

@ lifey: But we can still request Xion's and Kai's band.. er. Can't remember what the name is though off the top of my head.

Per_Sephone

That would be awesome if Karma Shenjing was there!
They had GREAT stage presence! Dancing around with them was awesome!

*Rachael

Shinigami

Quote from: "YummySushi"Lol. I'm guessing I wasn't the only who saw their post on myspace.

@ lifey: But we can still request Xion's and Kai's band.. er. Can't remember what the name is though off the top of my head.

lol I saw that too....but I wanted Karma to come to Fanime before I saw that bulliten. XD

Seriously, I agree with what Yummy Sushi said. ArtBeat and Karma Shenjing.

Kazuhide Aeiji

So okay, I only joined this forum (among other things as well) to get in on this since it's kind of an obligation:

I'd want Metal Phyzix to perform for MusicFest (I've been trying to work with Xion on finding a venue for them since MARS had disbanded)!! Also, Karma Shenjing as well! They're an awesome band...though I first heard them at Jrock Con this year XD.

EDIT: oops, I forgot to put up a link to Metal Phyzix's website....just in case people don't know who I'm talking about-
http://www.myspace.com/metalphyzix

:lol:

SuperKawaiiNeko

Futile though it may be, I once again submit my request to you, Tony, for SURFACE to play Gakufest some year. Please?

And bring back Camino ;_;
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

pandy.pie

Another vote towards getting Karma Shenjing to play at Fanime. They'd be absolutely amazing and would likely prove to be extremely popular.

I'd also definitely be pleased to see Metalphyzix there.
And {mid:night} for sure. But that's if they want to. <3
<3

dawnjelly

i would also love to see karma shenjing there :D ive also been hoping that they would be coming to fanime since i last saw them last at jrock con 2006. i saw them at jrock con both times they were here, and theyre absolutely awesome *q*
|w・)ノ

Ayanami Rei First Child

Under 17 would be a totally cool band to have at FanimeCon! <3 <3

Velvy

I already made suggestions in the guests thread, but after seeing the suggestions here I REALLY need to say something. I'm seeing too many suggestions of bands who have already played at a bunch of different conventions, and I'd rather see bands who haven't had as many opportunities or no opportunities at all to play lots of conventions.

Lo:lita is one, and I haven't seen Artbeat play yet. Rusika is really good.

For japan-based bands, AN CAFE, hands down. Gazette's probably impossible to get, but they have high energy performances which are awesome. Oshare kei seems more universally appealling though, so I'm hoping Fanime gets either An Cafe, LM.C, Soroban., or Charlotte. Although it's probably too late to suggest these bands now.  :x