FANIME BANDS

Started by Kegan_Flame, August 07, 2006, 04:51:24 PM

Rowan

>: soroban disbanded

(p.s. sidetracking, but an cafe has an official myspace >v< )

welchiseptic

So ... does anyone know who will be playing at Fanime this year?????  Surely there is at least one band set up by now?

Is there any chance NeX.Letalis will play this year??

SuperKawaiiNeko

I vote for an acoustic preformance by Hitomi Yaida ^_^
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

xinyi

Quote from: "welchiseptic"Is there any chance NeX.Letalis will play this year??

NeX.Letalis.. pretty much is no more, now?

angryazngirl

I 6th 7th or 8th Karma Shenjing! I lost track of what we were up to xD;;
But seriously, they're really nice and I heard they're good to work with :3

And for other suggestions Miyavi ( just about impossible >3>;; but he goes back and forth from Japan to CA a lot), Lovely Mocochang (LM.C), beaU, Candy Spooky Theater or Silver Ash (Chinese Visual Kei band FTW :D pst. the US $ is stronger in China then in Japan)

Long

Quote from: "angryazngirl"I 6th 7th or 8th Karma Shenjing! I lost track of what we were up to xD;;

And for other suggestions Miyavi ( just about impossible >3>;; but he goes back and forth from Japan to CA a lot), Lovely Mocochang (LM.C), beaU, Candy Spooky Theater or Silver Ash (Chinese Visual Kei band FTW :D pst. the US $ is stronger in China then in Japan)
Apparently Karma Shenjing is coming according to their MySpace.

Shinigami

Quote from: "Long"
Quote from: "angryazngirl"I 6th 7th or 8th Karma Shenjing! I lost track of what we were up to xD;;

Apparently Karma Shenjing is coming according to their MySpace.
Yep. And they have anew bassist, Sakika. It's on their official webpage too, which is where the person who posted it on Myspace got it from. http://sound.jp/shenjing/index2.html Click on "LIVE" and then scroll down about halfway.

sjisatsu

I request Metal Phyzix! They're a very new band and haven't have much exposure yet (they are two of the members of Mars).

http://www.myspace.com/metalphyzix

They have very awesome music and need to be heard.

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "sjisatsu"I request Metal Phyzix! They're a very new band and haven't have much exposure yet (they are two of the members of Mars).

http://www.myspace.com/metalphyzix

They have very awesome music and need to be heard.

Here here! :) I really want to see them perform live and this is a big venue for them.

Acid_Android

If you guys are interested in the MusicFest guests that have been announced so far, you should check out Fanime's homepage!!

or take a look at my post here:
http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?p=164801#164801
(I posted some info there on the bands coming..)
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Long

Can we invite more bands? Because I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see Thee Out Mods again! OMG. I just saw the Live today at Slim's and they were absolutely freaking gorgeous (in a musicality sense). Their performance would UNDOUBTEDLY drive Fanime fans wild! PLEASE ASK THEM! Their page is http://www.myspace.com/theeoutmods2006

Megumi

I really wish they'd bring back Tamaki Nami! That'd make me really happy. I know she's not a band but...

As for bands...I wish Janne Da Arc could come.

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Megumi"I really wish they'd bring back Tamaki Nami! That'd make me really happy. I know she's not a band but...

As for bands...I wish Janne Da Arc could come.

JANNE DA ARC!!!! ;___; One of my favorite bands.

It'd be awesome to have them, but they're taking a hiatus as a band and focusing on solo projects for now.
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Megumi

Are you serious? O_o

Acid_Android

Quote from: "Megumi"Are you serious? O_o

o.o Yeah. you is coming out with his solo stuff first:
http://www.janne.co.jp/you/

oh but don't worry though!! JDA is definitely not breaking up. When the announcement of their hiatus went up, kiyo explained on his blog that it was just a temporary thing...they just wanted to improve on their individual skills, so that when they come back together as JDA, they'll be better than ever :)
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Megumi

That's good. Wooh!

Long

D:.....

There goes MusicFest for me this year. I can't attend. Because...

FOMG. J-Rock Revolution is the same day. Miyavi, MUCC, Merry, Alice Nine, Vidoll, D'espairsRay, DuelJewel, and girugamesh are all playing on the 25th, and 26th, at 7:00 PM in LA.

It looks like, the main reason I go to Fanime is shot down. However, I know on Sunday, you guys have the bands play again, and sign stuff and such. Maybe I'll attend Fanime for a day. ;3

Tony

Quote from: "Long"D:.....

There goes MusicFest for me this year.
You're telling ME!

Oh well... we'll have some music on Sunday (and Q&A/Autograph stuff) so swing by.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Pimpstress Rei

This makes me sad. We work really hard to throw a good show and by horrible coincidence, another concert is happening the exact same weekend as us. I can't blame people for wanting to go see bands that they love, but when you work so hard to put on a good show, and have your fans desert you...it sucks.

I hope that a good amount of people stay for MusicFest because the bands that we booked deserve the attention and praise for playing. They shouldn't get the shaft just because other bands are playing the same time they are.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Long

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"This makes me sad. We work really hard to throw a good show and by horrible coincidence, another concert is happening the exact same weekend as us. I can't blame people for wanting to go see bands that they love, but when you work so hard to put on a good show, and have your fans desert you...it sucks.

I hope that a good amount of people stay for MusicFest because the bands that we booked deserve the attention and praise for playing. They shouldn't get the shaft just because other bands are playing the same time they are.
I'm really interested in Crack6. I had the chance of seeing Karma at J-Rock Connection in November, but I would still like to support them.

There's probably a good chance that I will swing by on Sunday. It is a bad stroke of luck, since I really really was looking forward to MusicFest this year, but this new event just takes the cake. D:

I really wish J-Rock Revolution wasn't being held that weekend because I really do feel sorry for the bands at MusicFest. They came all the way out here to perform only to be overshadowed by bigger bands showing up.

However I think, probably many people will stay and attend MusicFest, since Fanime is not really made up of a large majority of J-Rock Fans. Most of the people are there for the anime, manga, Artist's Alley and such, and they will be able to stay for MusicFest (if they can pry themselves away from the Video rooms xD). Only the few die-hard J-rock fans will be absent most likely.