FANIME BANDS

Started by Kegan_Flame, August 07, 2006, 04:51:24 PM

Kegan_Flame

so i was thinking, people are always saying a bunch of stuff about the bands at fanime... bad and good things.... so i thought i would start a topic about who you want to see at fanime... and i am not talking world famous bands from Japan.. But maybe some good local bands?

fireblade

I really want to see bands that tour the california scene alot. People that come to mind is Ramen and Rice, Akai Sky (saw them in Sac Anime, they were awesome), Random Ninjas, and Stephanie Yanez (since she performs with Random Ninjas as well).

Jrockfan

No offense guys but don't you get tired of seeing the same old artists at ALL of the Anime conventions? I just saw Stephanie Yanez at Anime Vegas. She was cool but.... I've seen her at Ax too. Let's get some fresh blood in there! I'd like to see one or two bands from years past and some new bands as well. A good mix. Guitar Vader please!!!!!!

zoupzuop2

If ANY Eurobeat artist played at Fanime, I'd die a happy man.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

JapanFilesPress

Quote from: "Jrockfan"Guitar Vader please!!!!!!

Guitar Vader is alive and well, and Shozo Ujuan is recuperating steadily. They definitely plan on hitting the USA soon.

JapanFilesPress

Yukari Kaiba

Ramen & Rice and Random Ninjas are always fun to see ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

NERDglasses

Ramen and Rice w00t! I haven't seen Random Ninjas perform yet. but they seem cool and interesting. n_n''

and any band from JapanFiles haha I personally still want Swinging Popsicle to come back to CA... but their going to be in VA. T.T
"You can fall in love many times, so don't waste time over a broken heart. Life happens once." -Dia Frampton :)

very important doll

The Nameplate Ninja

My vote goes to the band known as Nightmare

also I would like to see Mothercoat and Up Hold return ^_^
Dedicated to Ryoichi Koga & Goofy Style ^_^

Ari

Didnt we have despairs ray here like 2 years ago? would it be at all possible to get them back here? o_o i could like die soooo soo sooo soo soosoososos happy. ;_;

kyo_kun0675

Well, there's this new band out there I saw at Ani-magic. They were so awsome. They're called The Black Crystals. They did some really neat songs and it was even cooler to see the drummer also playing guitar and piano. (talk about multi-talented) I think they should play at Fanime too. They do some other songs that no one else does, and they make alternate versions. Like at Ani-magic, they made a punk version of Shell from Witch Hunter Robin and a Metal version of Canta per Me from Noir. I loved it. They said they'd make new versions of songs for ALA. I can't wait to see them there.

lifey

MARS
http://www.myspace.com/godofwarmars

or

http://www.sound.jp/marsgodofwar

This band is hella amazing. If someone a staff member would seriously like them to come, I think they should get in contact. I saw this band at J-rock Connection '06. They were pretty good on stage! <<

scottanime

Ninja post !!! :)

heads up that Sac Anime on January 13-14 is haveing a few bands play Sunday!!

Lisa Furukawa
Rusika
ArtBeat
{mid:night}

http://www.sacanime.com/pages/index2.html
Scott "Anime" Peterson

AMV Coordinator Fanime Con 2006

BSaphire

I would like to tell everyone that there are differences in musical guests just like there are differences in artists.

I have been sending emails to different people @ Fanime about a few musical artists that would like to perform and I haven't really gotten a response, so if someone in charge of booking musical guests would like that info then please feel free to contact me via email.

BTW... Marz broke up and the guys are still performing music, just not together. Zion & Kia have formed Metalphyzics and Jovette is doing it solo for now. They were absolutely AWESOME at JRock and I am very happy to have seen them perform ^^).

Artbeat did it again in January @ Sac Anime Con!!! They keep improving and WOW the fan girls loved em ^^)!

Rusika ROCKED Sac Anime in January and I think the guys are coming back in July ^^). Lisa Furukawa has such a beautiful voice and I can't wait to see her again too!

There are a couple of musical peeps that have been interested in Fanime, but will they be there? I hope so, but who knows who to contact anymore.....
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Acid_Android

Quote from: "BSaphire"I would like to tell everyone that there are differences in musical guests just like there are differences in artists.

I have been sending emails to different people @ Fanime about a few musical artists that would like to perform and I haven't really gotten a response, so if someone in charge of booking musical guests would like that info then please feel free to contact me via email.

BTW... Marz broke up and the guys are still performing music, just not together. Zion & Kia have formed Metalphyzics and Jovette is doing it solo for now. They were absolutely AWESOME at JRock and I am very happy to have seen them perform ^^).

Artbeat did it again in January @ Sac Anime Con!!! They keep improving and WOW the fan girls loved em ^^)!

Rusika ROCKED Sac Anime in January and I think the guys are coming back in July ^^). Lisa Furukawa has such a beautiful voice and I can't wait to see her again too!

There are a couple of musical peeps that have been interested in Fanime, but will they be there? I hope so, but who knows who to contact anymore.....

uhm. who have you tried emailing?
have you tried emailing [email protected]? ^^;;
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Tony

Quote from: "BSaphire"There are a couple of musical peeps that have been interested in Fanime, but will they be there? I hope so, but who knows who to contact anymore.....
Don't worry - I've been recording the names of everyone suggested.

And checking them out.

And budgeting for expenses when possible, and equipment rental.

And trying to set aside sound check and performance times in the schedule.

Plus there are around 20 "local" bands that want to play.

There are acts in Japan that are willing to come at their expense, so that's making the selection process incredibly complicated, too.

So, please be patient!  :D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "BSaphire"There are a couple of musical peeps that have been interested in Fanime, but will they be there? I hope so, but who knows who to contact anymore.....

And checking them out.

There are acts in Japan that are willing to come at their expense, so that's making the selection process incredibly complicated, too.

You da man!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

BSaphire

Quote from: "Tony"

And checking them out.

That's cool! I understand how complicated that can get trying to do it 2 times a year for Sac Anime ^^)
Look for the message in the box ^^) I have an update on info for "Piano Squall" and other info ^^)

Arigato :)

BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC