Costume makers ->cosworx cat ears?

Started by Oniko, August 13, 2006, 06:44:08 PM

Oniko

I normally make my own costumes, but for 2007 I wanted to do something special with a kimono style costume.
There are so many websites out there that will take costume cosmisions but some I hear are scams. So if someone could tell me a few comisioners out there was are really good and trustworthy that would help a lot.
Best to get started as early as possible right?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Kazuko

cosplay.com has some good sites but they also have a topic about what sites are scams x:

Oniko

Quote from: Kazukocosplay.com has some good sites but they also have a topic about what sites are scams x:
oh I visited there before, they have some cat ears I might buy for the costume.  Thanks for the tip ^_^
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Miss Juliette

A good place to check is definitely cosplay.com. You do have to be very careful, there's a lot of scams out there, and several places that aren't scams are EXTREAMLY over-priced. A friend of mine once paid $300.00 for a Sailor Moon costume that was out of the wrong material, didn't fit her at all, and fell apart one day into the con.

What costume are you looking to do? Is it an original peice? Maybe I can help point you in the right direction.

Oniko

I'm making my own design from inspriation. I saw a girl, like a type of red kitsune in a short skirt kimono.  I want to do something like that, with a sort skirt but a long kimono trail in the back.  Also I plan to buy those cat ears they were selling at Fanime from Cosplay.com, I thought they looked awsome.
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Oniko"I'm making my own design from inspriation. I saw a girl, like a type of red kitsune in a short skirt kimono.  I want to do something like that, with a sort skirt but a long kimono trail in the back.  Also I plan to buy those cat ears they were selling at Fanime from Cosplay.com, I thought they looked awsome.

Oooh~ Are you talking about that girl at Fanime? I think she was with another kitsune, too... but was blue instead of red. I loved her costume. ^^

And uh, this is Kasumi, by the way.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Oniko

ok so I got a kimono going now I need some more help.  I want the cat ears selling at cosplay.com but I'm not sure what colors.  There give a list of colors but no pictures so I'm not sure which I rather have =/ I want either lavender or purple, anyone have pictures of these from last years con?
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth