probly old topic but oh well lol who went to the 2006 dance

Started by Sazaku, August 14, 2006, 07:16:47 PM

Sazaku

Hey i just wanted to know who went to the 2006 dance , because me and my friends went on friday and i dont know if anyone would remember us we were the girls that were dancing together there was about 5 of us and yeah i wanted to ask people like how was the dance to them because it was fun for us lol.

i know this is like late posting and stuff , sorry lol

DJ Stormy

This is a old topic. im surprised someone brought this up... the dance had a good turn out everyone was having a great time and i speak for everyone because i had my eyes on the crowd, seems like every year more and more people come to the dance and just have a great time. im sure i speak for everyone when i say it was wicked.

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "DJ Stormy"This is a old topic. im surprised someone brought this up... the dance had a good turn out everyone was having a great time and i speak for everyone because i had my eyes on the crowd, seems like every year more and more people come to the dance and just have a great time. im sure i speak for everyone when i say it was wicked.

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Yeah but it was a bit overcrowded. I mean the video game area had TONS of wasted space.

OniCourseMusha

Wow......  didn't know that DDRing is popular sometimes in the circle??
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Wow......  didn't know that DDRing is popular sometimes in the circle??
I don't care HOW popular DDR was. There was a LOT of wasted space for the video game stuff. Sure they used it for Swap Meet...but that was what...1 DAY? In return we get a seriously cramped dance floor which needs MUCH more space.

Kazuko

I agree XP

O: so basically in 05 it was TOO BIG and now it was TOO SMALL

XP i hope 07 will be just right

D: cause i kinda nearly suffocated at the dance due to body heat
and really bad funk .___.

Malocide

Except being offered drugs I had a great time all the nights it was there.

DJ Stormy

Quote from: "Kazuko"I agree XP

O: so basically in 05 it was TOO BIG and now it was TOO SMALL

XP i hope 07 will be just right

D: cause i kinda nearly suffocated at the dance due to body heat
and really bad funk .___.

I hope next year we will have a big enough room to satisfy everyone. i personally like it when ppl dance shoulder to shoulder but i can understand some people want space but thats not allways able to happen if its packed its packed theres nothing you can do.

ps. kazuko if heat is a problem for you take a time out and keep water handy. we dont need people passing out with heat stroke =/ i was at a party over the weekend and saw someone pass out and fall flat on their face. it was not a pretty sight...

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S.)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Sazaku

Yeah the heat was a problem all my friends kept getting hot and kept wanting to leave and stuff but i was ok and wanted to stay but they seemed really dehydrated so i left to make sure they were ok the best day was friday where there wasnt that many people but it was fun on saturday too lol

Does anybody know which room would be the best room to have the dance?

i was thinking the karaoke room but then again isnt it the same size as the room that had the dance in it?

DJ Stormy

Quote from: "Sazaku"Yeah the heat was a problem all my friends kept getting hot and kept wanting to leave and stuff but i was ok and wanted to stay but they seemed really dehydrated so i left to make sure they were ok the best day was friday where there wasnt that many people but it was fun on saturday too lol

Does anybody know which room would be the best room to have the dance?

i was thinking the karaoke room but then again isnt it the same size as the room that had the dance in it?

Yes most of those rooms are the same size, dont worry about how big the room will be next year im sure we will figure out how big a room we will need.  :D

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S.)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace :)

zoupzuop2

I need to attend one of these dances. 0_.

Of course, last year was first con, so... legit excuse then, but not nao-- err, now.

It's more like a rave, right? Sort'a "jumpin' 'n moshin'" action?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Shi_Musouka

I remembered paying a visit there Saturday night after MusicFest with two friends, but that smelly funk in the room chased me out 3 minutes after I went in. I paid a visit again on Sunday night, but I felt intimidated being in there alone(*fears random human body contact*) so I left.

btw I did hear about some people having sex in the room, though I'm not sure if it really did happen(too dark to really recognize anyone). I was going to get a glowstick until I heard that the staff shut down the person selling them.

edit: I'm hoping to attend the next year's dance Friday night so that I don't have to miss out on most of MusicFest and Masquerade.

DJ Stormy

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"I need to attend one of these dances. 0_.

Of course, last year was first con, so... legit excuse then, but not nao-- err, now.

It's more like a rave, right? Sort'a "jumpin' 'n moshin'" action?

yeaaah... well what do you expect? 140 bpm music theres really no other way to keep up with it other than jumping around or moving fast, i mean if someone is spinning breaks or house its a bit easyier to dance to.

as for the sex.. i hope next year some people with have the decency to take it to the bedroom..

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Sazaku

It was still alot of fun weather ur just jumping up or actually dancing the best thing is to have fun lol  and it was a blast. i didnt know that someone was having sex...i hope that was just a rumor that is for the bedroom not the dance floor but still cant wait for next year lol

DJ Stormy

Yeah yeah, talk about desperate ive seen some crazy things at partys but, when ppl bust it out right there thats pretty nuts...its no rumor we had like 3 people come and tell us that night that people were gettting it on. we had no clue so we didnt have a chance to stop something like that happening

Cheers,
Stormy (Dave S.)

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Emerge

i kinda liked how there was something for everyone in terms of dancing. the half of the room closest to the stage was just shoulder-to-shoulder dancing, a-la stormy's preference. but me and one of my boys started that circle(?) on the other half where breakers, poppers, and lord knows what else brought what they had to the table and got themselves their props from everyone who was watchin. THATS the kind of dancing i prefer :)

Sazaku

oh i remember the breakdancers lol they were cool my friends and i were watching them until they got thirsty but when we came back we like tore up the floor but there were these guys that kept wanting to dance with us who were being perverted and stuff and me and my friends would just like move and dance in r circle again it was fun i loved it when got into a line and danced together across the circle lol i cant wait for next year

OniCourseMusha

Did anyone see infamous really big guy trying to dance all cool on a "B-boying circle" wit his disco raving?

Anyways, I did breakdance and popping in the circle.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

grooveforce

Quote from: "Sazaku"oh i remember the breakdancers lol they were cool my friends and i were watching them until they got thirsty but when we came back we like tore up the floor but there were these guys that kept wanting to dance with us who were being perverted and stuff and me and my friends would just like move and dance in r circle again it was fun i loved it when got into a line and danced together across the circle lol i cant wait for next year

haha that was me and my friends bboying(break dancing)off to the side. We didn't stay too long because it was hella hot and it smelled funky, probably because a lot of the guys in the room dont use deodorant haha. Plus we weren't feeling the music, the only thing the dj played was rave music.

mDuo13

The high-point for me was when the Tetris blocks started dancing.