Cosplay prop question

Started by Kodoku, August 21, 2006, 06:33:36 PM

Kodoku

As we all know, most "real" or replica swords and the like are not usually permitted to be at FanimeCon without peacebondage (yes, I'm fully aware of what I just said). However, for seemingly less harmful objects, this procedure is not necassarily required.

Although I've gone over the weapons policy several times, I can't seem to figure out the answer to my question. Since the majority of us know I'm going to be appearing as Squall, and as the majority of us know, Squall weilds a gunblade, which doesn't seemingly have a place on his body, nor a sheathe...so would bringing a steel-construction gunblade just be forbidden altogether, or will it be allowed?

My problem with making or obtaining a foam-construction or wooden-construction gunblade is the feel of authenticity altogether. I suppose that's it...if there're any concerns regarding this, I'll post in replies.

Thanks in advance.
(Think what you want... Reality isn't so kind.
Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why...)
As long as you don't get your hopes up,
you can take anything...
You feel less pain."

-Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII

Rette

It probably won't be allowed. The best thing to do with the Weapons Code is to expect the worst. When I brought my Masamune (real, steel 6ft katana) I chained it into its scabbard very obviously so there would be no grounds for complaints. I have seen sheaths for gunblades before and while it won't look exactly correct, it would probably be better than having one of lesser quality or none at all.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

hellangel

my bro had a soft styrofoam kunai and shuriken and the peacebonder person bound them to his wrists. I found that kind of ridiculous...I mean, yeah, I'd understand peacebinding the "weapon" itself, but to his wrists?  :?

(when I say "soft styrofoam," think of a pillow...they seriously were that soft)
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Kodoku

Yeah...I was planning on wrapping the gunblade with black cloth or something if need be, but the question at hand is whether I'll be allowed to bring and carry it or not.

Then there's also how it's really a shame we can't show off the said props even in photos while at FanimeCon.
you can take anything...
You feel less pain."

Kodoku

If anyone would be kind enough to answer this thread with a solid answer, it'd be much appreciated.
you can take anything...
You feel less pain."

Kazuko

its best to email the person incharge of the weapons policy about it