Stage Zero 2007-Planning

Started by The Dude, August 29, 2006, 11:39:50 PM

The Dude

Well it's time to get the New Year rolling. I have allot planned for this year with a free and less time restrictive schedule with minor events planned. What we need from you!  We need game ideas, video ideas, and possible event ideas. So thank you all who help out, we need you to make this year bigger then the last.

-Sean *A.K.A The Dude*
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

otakuapprentice

ideas? well, seeing as how stage zero's first year/trial run went pretty good by the standpoint of those that stopped and watched, i'd say there isnt much to improve on......but then i would be lying.

the things that i saw that need improvement are the 'games' that are played in between "segments", as i like to call them. there werent many games that were played, and by that, i mean that the games they had were repeated VARIOUS times, especially the game known as Quick Draw. this was used in excess, some of the times there was almost no one that wanted to participate in it. only two of the five SZ(stage zero) games were ever played, those being quick draw and juken pow.

the other problem that can be easily fixed are the scheduled things that were going/supposed to happen. some of the things that were listed  on SZ's lineup weren't even seen/shown. this led to more games being played to help kill some time before the next segment.

other than those little things that were just listed, everything else seemed to run smoothly: the hosts/emcees were fun and entertaining(and made up a really fun game right on the spot), the AMV's played were great, and the 'special' appearances by many people like rob miles, and the KWOON guys, made it spontaneous and fun as well.

one suggestion is to have at least one person be in cosplay(maybe just for one day), have a more available variety of games to be played in between segments, and to be able to secure said segments so as to not have to 'kill some time' every so often.

something that would also be very beneficial/awesome would be the following: most of us(including myself) were unable to attend the masquerade, due to it filling up quickly. what i suggest is to try and get some sort of live feed, complete with audio, running from the civic auditorium straight to SZ. i know there would be alot of things to try to work out to get this to happen for next year, but if achieved, it would make it easier to see the masquerade if you couldnt get into the civic auditorium, and there would be ALOT more interest in SZ. guaranteed.

and i'm just gonna toss this out right here, but how can you be a host for stage zero next year? it seemed very fun, and i am interested in possibly doing it....and i think i can get the guys that did 'whose line is it anime' back for another run. possibly.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Gainax Boy

Oh, "Whose Line" will be back ... I guarantee it.

BIGGER AND BADDER THAN EVER!!! BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

*cough**gag**choke*

Latte! .... I need ... a Latte!! @__@
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

Minagi-chan

Forget the latte, how about a new Whose Line co-host?  *shows some leg*
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Gainax Boy"Oh, "Whose Line" will be back ... I guarantee it.

BIGGER AND BADDER THAN EVER!!! BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

*cough**gag**choke*

Latte! .... I need ... a Latte!! @__@
i'm very glad to hear that, G-boy. maybe this time i'll actually be there to be a part in it....
Quote from: "Minagi-chan"Forget the latte, how about a new Whose Line co-host? *shows some leg*
well, if you are funny and good at improv, there might be a spot for you, i think.

Gainax Boy

Quote from: "Minagi-chan"Forget the latte, how about a new Whose Line co-host?  *shows some leg*

Not until you're 18 ~_^
"Hail Gainax, Hail Fanservice, Hail the Otaking!!" ^_^

Glitch

I hope this year's stage zero has a better running with the schedule.Especially for us in the 3minute video. ^^

Mr. Wendell

I have a few games in mind for next year's Stage Zero shindig.  I have thought about adding to the games immediately after the end of Fanime 2006.

Quick Draw and Juken Pow will make a return.  I'm contemplating a few other ideas...  An idea I'm considering is a glomping contest...

Lineup changes were plenty for this year, and because we expect to see a lot  of scheduling changes, we're going to see how we can make it more flexible for everyone to see.

Sean, holler at a husky host when you're able to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

serajwl

I don't know if this happened last year... but in 04 and 05 at the masquerade they had the Pinata contest. I think that would be a good stage zero event :D since they dont do it at the masquerades anymore.

Oh, and Pictionary! :D

uzutake

Quote from: "Mr. Wendell"I have a few games in mind for next year's Stage Zero shindig.  I have thought about adding to the games immediately after the end of Fanime 2006.

Quick Draw and Juken Pow will make a return.  I'm contemplating a few other ideas...  An idea I'm considering is a glomping contest...

Lineup changes were plenty for this year, and because we expect to see a lot  of scheduling changes, we're going to see how we can make it more flexible for everyone to see.

I'd like to see that Glomping Contest!

And those games where you had to guess certain things(The only ones I've seen are "Whose Line" and that thingy about people's favorite Hayao Miyazaki movie) should come back. But maybe different variations. *shrugs*

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Mr. Wendell"I have a few games in mind for next year's Stage Zero shindig.  I have thought about adding to the games immediately after the end of Fanime 2006.

a glomping contest, wendell? are you serious? for those that have been glomped before, safety is a main issue when doing the glomping. someone could have a minor injury if not careful, but who am i to judge?

i am also trying to come up with possible ideas for SZ for next year.

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"a glomping contest, wendell? are you serious? for those that have been glomped before, safety is a main issue when doing the glomping. someone could have a minor injury if not careful, but who am i to judge?

i am also trying to come up with possible ideas for SZ for next year.

There are many considerations for glomping contests, and there is always a fear that someone will go overboard and hurt themselves in the event.  some ideas to protect the glomper are using a doll (like a resuscitation doll) as the glomped one, the use of a soft bed or air cushion to soften the fall, and strict rules to protect the glomper, audience members, and the convention itself.

I would like to see this happen.  I think it would be quite hilarious to watch.

Then again...that would all cost lots of money...and I really don't have much to provide such items such as the bed or cushion or doll. :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

The Dude

Hey well Glomping Sounds Like fun BUT . . . . I don’t know if I could clear that with my higher-ups as someone may get hurt. I'm looking more into games that involve the audience without possibly hurting them. This would be more to the tune of modified party games. The Stage Zero Schedule will be freer flowing with a few things programmed in and the rest will be open for other programming.

otakuapprentice

i agree with "The Dude". the SZ games are alot like modified party games, and i dont remember a party game where you get hurt, even if its by accident.

Quote from: "The Dude"The Stage Zero Schedule will be freer flowing with a few things programmed in and the rest will be open for other programming.
but with this, the things that are programmed have to be secured, so that it doesnt end up like last year, where the games were played in excess, because some of the items that were programmed to happen i never saw happen.

in case you are curious, i already have 7 new games ready for SZ next year. i just need to work out the rules/details of the games, and do some test runs on each one. at least 5 of them are almost ready; the other two games still need the kinks worked out.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I say we add Naruto Twister and a Dance Off! :twisted:

The Dude

Hey everyone sorry for not getting on the forum sooner. "Kinda getting ready to move to L.A".  

A few things I have learned so far about 07, Stage Zero will not be directly in the center of Vista Point but off to one side as the other side will have some screens with continues updates of the days schedule, We have been given a really small budget this year so allot of our games have to not require props "at least purchased ones". I’m trying to get the prizes for this year to be a variety as opposed to FF T-shirt or poster as was last year.

Much of the scheduling for the stage will be Dedicated blocks of program, kinda like at 10:00AM is who's line is it anyway and at 12:00PM is a live band. But in between those times we have an open stage with games and video and live performances.

I must also address the idea to run a live feed for masquerade and other major events, as much as I would love to sit back relax and have someone else just patch into my system and show the masquerade but I'm afraid it would just be to costly, but im trying to get them to record the show and have it played throughout the next days of the con.

Otakuapprentice- Thanks for all the help and enthusiasm, we need as much as we can get. I'm very interested in the games that you have in mind for SZ and would like you to post them on the board so everyone can get taste of what you have to offer. Maybe we could get you in on staff this year?

Ayanami Rei First Child- Ummm? whatssss Naruto Twister, is it legal to play in California? And a Dance off, any theme?

Well thank you all who are participating and I know SZ07 will Kick A**

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "The Dude"Otakuapprentice- Thanks for all the help and enthusiasm, we need as much as we can get. I'm very interested in the games that you have in mind for SZ and would like you to post them on the board so everyone can get taste of what you have to offer. Maybe we could get you in on staff this year?
well, if i post them on the boards, then it would take the surprise out of what might become reality for next year. nevertheless, i will post some of the SZ games that i am coming up with, as  soon as i come up with the final 5 batches of games that i am trying to create, since some of them might not make it past the test phases.

otakuapprentice

sorry about the double post right here.

here are a few games i have thought up for Stage Zero next year:

(NOTE:these games are only the first of hopefully many, so don't hate them that much.)

Game: What's In The Box?
Concept: the name explains it perfectly. contestants will have to stick their hand in a box that will contain a random item that will be first shown to the audience so they know what it is. contestants will be blindfolded, of course. the item that will be in the box will be something that cannot cause any harm to the person whatsoever.

Game: Where's(insert host name here)?
Rules: one of the host goes off to a certain part of fanime(i.e. the dealers' room, karaoke room, etc.), and participants are then sent off to try and find that host. They are given a clue about the host's whereabouts.

I am trying to come up with more games to hopefully have next year. right now, i'm creating something that is not a game. it's more like an epic "Event"....the idea is huge. Details coming soon.

Stay Tuned.....you might just like it.

Ska_Kitti

You can't go wrong with SNL Jepardy put to anime chracters instead of celebrities.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"You can't go wrong with SNL Jepardy put to anime chracters instead of celebrities.
oh man...this sounds like it could have alot of potential. i'll try to crank out some rules and specifics on this idea of yours.