Group Registration ???s

Started by uzutake, September 03, 2006, 09:53:41 PM

uzutake

Okay, please tell me group registration will be up b4 the $40 deadline. If not, when will it be? And what's the planned discount? How many are in a "group"?(2, right?)

I really gotta know >.<

otakuapprentice

i belive a group is somewhere around 10 people or more.

and hopefully the group reg. will be up by then, for your sake.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

GokuMew2

Seriously. I was just about to ask the same exact thing. In previous years they've always gotten the info up before the first deadline. I'm kinda wondering about this year though....

At this rate, it would be cheaper to register now without a group discount than register after the first deadline with the discount.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Kegan_Flame

omg, yes... i have an anime club.. we need to know this stuff now!! EEP! didn't mean to sound harsh.. .but we have like.. 15-20 people or something like that.. so we need the best rates available... >.>;;;

animeangelfish

Is ANY staff going to reply to this post?

This is a very good question that I think needs to be answered.

Alot of groups cannot afford to wait much longer in order to register as, when the price goes up, there goes some of their people.

I'm the leader of my school's anime club and I told them, in complete confidence with the Fanime registration staff, that they woudl only have to raise 40 dollars to pre-register as I assumed the group pre-reg would be up before the first deadline.

I understand there is quite sometime before October 31st, but it's not putting any confidence into the club when they ask and i tell them 'no it's nto up, and no no staff has addressed this to the forum questioners'

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Ayapon

I'll bump this to the appropriate Reg staff for their attention.
Aya Chow
Totally Relaxed Now (2006)
Fanime Director of Guest Relations (1999-2005)

"Kakashi" icon by krispy_kira @ LJ.com

M

Thanks Aya for bringing this post to my attention.

The group registration is still being worked on. I'm aware that "worked on" isn't very specific and I can't give you details on it just yet (I wouldn't want to say one thing and then change it later on). With that said, if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

GokuMew2

Quote from: "MPLe"With that said, if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up.
Ah, phew! Okay, now I feel a bit more relieved. .^^
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

animeangelfish

Quote from: "MPLe"Thanks Aya for bringing this post to my attention.

The group registration is still being worked on. I'm aware that "worked on" isn't very specific and I can't give you details on it just yet (I wouldn't want to say one thing and then change it later on). With that said, if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up.

thank you very much for informing us of this. it's somethign I sure many who are group registering will be able to use to tell the other members of their groups

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Kegan_Flame

uzutake

Oh what a HUGE relief...TT3TT

Thank you VERY much.

Malocide

Oh good I was so worried about this hole whole grop reg and my anime club is cluless because they never really went so I am doing it for them.

Can't to just reg and be done with that.

M

I'm sorry about the stress that I have caused all of you. Fanime staff had a BBQ that just passed and please be aware that group registration will be available within a month. I will stand by what I said above, so don't be worried. =)

HalfMetalAlchemist

Yeah my group (well me mostly) was getting really worried about missing the pre-reg deadline.
This was a load of of my chest!
The cure for ignorance is knowledge, but the only cure for stupidity is death.

sailormoonhdn

I have a question regarding the group registration price. Right now the current price to register is $40 for an individual badge, and normally group registration of 10 people or more qualify for a 10% off, well that's what happen when I register for a group in the past. So wouldn't that mean that if group registration was up, then it would only be $35 per badge for a group discount???? But because group registration is not up, all that means is that we can get the badge for $40 after the deadline because most likely after the deadline it will cost $45 for an individual badge (thats what happen last year). wouldn't this be the same thing as registering for a group after the deadline and getting it for $40 for a badge. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?? Well going to San jose for me is will expensive trip since we're (me and 16 other ppl)driving like 8 hours to get there so every dollar counts.

Eri

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at....

But, if you're worried about the price increase at the 31st, this is what Milton said:

Quote from: "MPLe"The group registration is still being worked on. I'm aware that "worked on" isn't very specific and I can't give you details on it just yet (I wouldn't want to say one thing and then change it later on). With that said, if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up.

So, worrying about the price break is pointless for groups...
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

sailormoonhdn

oh I guess it was confusing, but group registration should be only $35 with the discount before oct 31st, but i guess because it's not up then the $40 is extended for 2 weeks after group reg is up.  But you can register right now without a group and pay only $40 still. But I guess it just give people more time.

mushoku

Quote from: "MPLe"With that said, if for some reason, October 31st comes and passes and group reg isn't up, I will keep the group registration at the current price point for at least two weeks when it does come up.

Will a group continue to be defined as "two or more individuals"? I have 2 people in my group, so your promise above will, in the end, prove disadvantageous to me if the required number of individuals is raised.

Thank you.

M

AHHH! Ok, some more corrections.

- Registration accounts can have as many people as possible, but only members in a group account with ten or more members will receive the group bonus.
- Group registration will definately be open this week. If you would like, email me (milton at fanime . com) with the subject "Fanime Group Notification" without the quotes (emails without that exact subject might not be added to the mailing list and as such, won't get the emails) and I'll email you when it goes up. Going against what I said earlier, there will be no extention for the discount. Originally, group registration was scheduled to open next month, but I've been able to work out something and allow a week at the old rate. So please don't kill me angry-mob style at the convention.

baka_deishi

Since group registration just went up, some members of our club already pre-registered as individuals.  They want to know if they can join our group registration so that they can receive the group registration benefits.  Is it possible to change their status?