Question about the Badge!

Started by Lorus, September 23, 2006, 09:42:39 AM

Lorus

I just pre-registered! And this is going to be the first Fanime Convention that I'll be going to.. As a newbie I have a question! Where do I pick up my badge? On some other topics and such I've seen that people say you get it from the staff at a booth or something... but where is that?! Pretend that.. I am like a 6 year old kid! Even though... I'm more than 3 times that age..  :?  I need specific directions or I get lost.  :D  Thanks for any feedback!

GokuMew2

Quote from: "Lorus"I just pre-registered! And this is going to be the first Fanime Convention that I'll be going to.. As a newbie I have a question! Where do I pick up my badge? On some other topics and such I've seen that people say you get it from the staff at a booth or something... but where is that?! Pretend that.. I am like a 6 year old kid! Even though... I'm more than 3 times that age..  :?  I need specific directions or I get lost.  :D  Thanks for any feedback!
Since you pre-regged, you will be able to pick up your badge a day in advance. As in, the con starts Friday but you can pick up your badge on Thursday. If they don't change where the reg area is, it should be straight in front if you go through the main entrance of the convention center.

There should be more information about early badge pickup and all that once the con nears.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

SadisticAion

is it possible to preregister and pic up the badges on saturday?

Eri

Quote from: "Lorus"Where do I pick up my badge? On some other topics and such I've seen that people say you get it from the staff at a booth or something... but where is that?!

You pick up your badge at the Registration area on the first floor of the convention center. There's a line for pre-reg'ed people, so make sure you get in that line rather than the on-site one.

And as for that question about picking up your badge on saturday, I believe you can.. Your badge doesn't go anywhere :P

Reg staff correct me if I'm wrong (and don't hurt me! :P)
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Lorus

Ok thanks! So... just to be sure... it's on the first floor, near the enterance? Or am I going to have to run off to another room on the first floor? Thanks again! I'm a total newbie.  :D

uzutake

Quote from: "Lorus"Ok thanks! So... just to be sure... it's on the first floor, near the enterance? Or am I going to have to run off to another room on the first floor? Thanks again! I'm a total newbie.  :D

You walk in the front entrance of the convention center and, if you're picking it up somewhere between Friday and onward, there'll be a gigundo long line. You get to cut in front of all of them and go for (I think) the first black door.

Or if it's on a Thursday, jsut go into one of teh black doors open with people inside waiting behind tall desks :P

hellangel

PreReg have the opportunity to pick the badges starting Thursday, Day 0 of Con. Badges are held until the end of con, so you can pick up yours whenever Reg is open during Con. As mentioned before, there is a separate line for PreReg, so you don't have to wait forever in the at-con Reg line.

Prior to Con, about a week or so before, some sort of official notice will be sent out (last year it was an email, earlier it was a postcard). You MUST bring this AND an ID to pick up your badge. NO ONE ELSE can pick up your badge for you. The only exception to this is in the case of group registration, wherein the "Group Leader" can pick up the badge of ANYONE in the group.

Registration is held at the main entrance of the Con center, on the first floor. Regular Reg line is on the right; PreReg is on the right (don't get in the wrong line and wait forever ^^")

---Anyone who's actually on Reg Staff, feel free to correct any mistakes I may have made. I'm only writing from past experience ^^"---
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Lorus

I printed out the two emails I received from the fanime pre-reg thingy. One said that I paid my $40.00 and the other was like all the info on how to pay with paypal, eCheck, or mail. Should I bring these with me to get my badge with my current ID? Or just print out the official notice with current ID that hellangel said earlier? Thanks again... Newbies, unite!  :D

Aahh! Must renew ID... expires April 17, 2007!!  :shock:

hellangel

Quote from: "Lorus"I printed out the two emails I received from the fanime pre-reg thingy. One said that I paid my $40.00 and the other was like all the info on how to pay with paypal, eCheck, or mail. Should I bring these with me to get my badge with my current ID? Or just print out the official notice with current ID that hellangel said earlier? Thanks again... Newbies, unite!  :D

Aahh! Must renew ID... expires April 17, 2007!!  :shock:

You'll get an official notice. You don't have to bring your receipt, although you can just in case you lose your official notice.
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX